Showbox Theater fire

posted by KenLayton on August 8, 2006 at 11:51 am

SEATTLE, WA — According to Seattle tv stations KOMO-TV4, KING-TV5, KIRO-TV7, and KCPQ-TV13, the Showbox Theater in Seattle had a fire break out this morning at 5:00 AM. The fire department states the fire originated on the roof in an electrical device, probably an HVAC unit. By the time the fire department had arrived, the sprinkler system had been activated. Damage is limited to a 15 foot section of the roof.

Comments (1)

KenLayton
KenLayton on August 9, 2006 at 7:15 pm

According to tv news reports today, the fire department confirmed the fire was started by a motor that caught fire inside an HVAC unit. Damage estimates are $250,000 to the building, but the building is still open for business while repairs take place.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment