Wanted: Automaticket Ticket Machine\Dispenser

posted by adkemp on June 20, 2007 at 4:40 am

ITHACA, NY — I am working on the restoration of the ticket booth for the Temple Theatre. There originally was a 2 lane lever-operated ticket machine/dispenser which has gone missing.

Please contact me if you come across an extra machine (in any condition) during your restoration, sale, or closing.

Thanks!

Theaters in this post

Comments (12)

ArchStanton007
ArchStanton007 on June 20, 2007 at 6:50 am

In case nobody responds to your ad, try placing one in Boxoffice Magazine.

Good Luck.

popcornn
popcornn on June 20, 2007 at 11:44 am

There’s one on Ebay….

adkemp
adkemp on June 20, 2007 at 12:08 pm

What is it listed under on ebay?

popcornn
popcornn on June 20, 2007 at 3:14 pm

‘ticket machine’

adkemp
adkemp on June 20, 2007 at 3:25 pm

I’ve searched eBay for about an hour now – I don’t see anything under “ticket machine”. Do you have an item number? I’ve been looking for one of these for several weeks. Thanks!

adkemp
adkemp on June 21, 2007 at 3:40 am

Thanks butternut73 – this is actually a bus ticket machine. Box office registers are large consoles that mount within the ticket counter and dispense usually between 1-5 tickets (ours went up to 4) depending on the number of patrons. They were made by the General Register Corporation, the Bell Punch Co., as well as Simplex. Please let me know if anyone knows of other manufacturers. Most theatres have upgraded to computers at this point, so I’m hoping there is an inexpensive two lane Automaticket still out there somewhere.

EvanC
EvanC on June 21, 2007 at 6:18 am

I have an old theatre ticket machine for sale. In Toledo, Ohio. Contact me for more information at

popcornn
popcornn on June 21, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Oops…sorry about that. I do know that the theater I am working on purchasing does indeed have 2 of these machines you’re talking about. One is still in use and the other is a backup that is in storage but never used….both are from the early 1940s.

bobhurley
bobhurley on July 9, 2007 at 5:10 am

I have one that dispenses 3 tickets. It came from the Prince Theater in Ault, CO. It works fine. I’ve had it for years and would like to finally sell it. I came across this site as I was looking for the value of the antique prior to placing it on ebay.

Call me if you’re interested.
Bob Hurley

904.234.4444

sarahlugin
sarahlugin on September 20, 2007 at 7:38 am

Hi, I came across this page as I was looking for a ticket machine for our historic theatre. We have one but it is not functioning properly. I noticed that there is someone else looking for a ticket machine as well as several others who have one to sell. If anyone still has a historic ticket machine that they are interested in selling, please leave a comment or contact me at the theatre at 505-726-0050. Thanks!

ZephyrhillsCinema10
ZephyrhillsCinema10 on July 25, 2014 at 5:06 pm

I have recently begun to dig things out of storage from one of our older theatres and have a General Register Corporation “Automaticket Register” It is in fair condition and still works. I tore it apart to clean it, and put it up for sale. If anyone has any questions you can call or text me Anthony, 315-440-2188. Happy Hunting all!

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment