Made in Chicago
Hello Fellow CT'ers. This is member Paul F.
And his friend, member Catherine DiM.
We were having a discussion recently on favorite films set in Chicago. We know that many of the CT faithful live in the Chicagoland Area. We’d like to conduct an informal poll. What is your favorite movie made in and set in Chicago. We came up with the following criteria:
1) It must be filmed primarily in and set in Chicago.
2) It cannot be set here, but filmed elsewhere such as Chicago (The musical) or My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Catherine DiM “I find this practice distasteful. Winnipeg is NOT Chicago."
3) It cannot be filmed here but set elsewhere such as Light of Day, Batman Begins, Payback, or Stranger Than Fiction.
4) It cannot be The Blues Brothers (too obvious)
“My personal favorite is Adventures In Babysitting. It’s a teen comedy that’s not stupid, could work even today, and really shows Chicago as it was circa 1986”—Paul F.
“My favorite then would be Nothing In Common. It shows us an early Tom Hanks, and it also shows Chicago quite well. Plus I’ve always been a Honeymooners fan and this was Jackie Gleason’s last movie.” —Catherine DiM.
Well fellow CT fans. Name your favorite movie filmed and set in Chicago. Below is a partial list:
- About Last Night
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Bad Boys (Sean Penn & Esai Morales)
- Barbershop 1 & 2
- Breakfast Club
- Code of Silence
- Ferris Buellerâ€™s Day Off
- Fugitive, The
- Fury, The
- High Fidelity
- Home Alone
- Hunter, The
- Lake House
- Mercury Rising
- My Body Guard
- Nothing In Common
- Only the Lonely
- Red Heat
- Risky Business
- Road To Perdition
- Uncle Buck
- While You Were Sleeping