Canadian Theater closed because of fire

posted by danpetitpas on October 2, 2008 at 5:00 pm

NAPANEE, ONTARIO, CANADA — A fire at the Boulevard Cinema in Avril Lavigne’s hometown has closed the theater for the next few weeks.

The fire occurred last Tuesday on the theater’s busiest night of the week, discount night. The local fire department turned out quickly, the fire sprinklers worked, and there was extra staff on duty to help in the evacuation.

The fire started in a microwave located next to two popcorn machines and was contained to the refreshment stand.

My owner was happy the fire happened when the theater was occupied since it would have easily spread throughout the building if the theater was empty

Read more in the Napanee Guide.

Comments (1)

MPol
MPol on October 2, 2008 at 8:05 pm

What a terrible thing to happen!! Here’s hoping that the owners/proprieters of the theatre can rebuild and re-open soon. I wish them the best of luck.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment