Theater wanted

posted by TheaterOwner01 on June 24, 2008 at 3:30 pm

We would like to rent/lease/buy a theater. My family and I run one and we would like to get another. It’s ok if it’s closed as long as it can be reopened.

Small towns are a plus, we love them! If anyone knows of a town that has a theater and wants it reopened, please let me know, names, numbers, anything you can. Thank you.

Comments (13)

KenLayton on June 24, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Elma Theater in Elma, Washington is for sale.

longislandmovies on June 24, 2008 at 4:10 pm

davidbjones on June 24, 2008 at 10:26 pm

The State Theater & Backstage Cafe in Gainesville, TX are for sale. Please contact David @

redmcmonagle on June 25, 2008 at 4:06 am

Look at the ad posted just before yours, The State Theatre in Hufchinson Minnesota is for sale and you may have missed it. Take a look …..

The State Theatre

TheaterOwner01 on June 25, 2008 at 4:08 am

Thanks i did and emailed that person its ben for sale for quite a few years

ssteve on June 25, 2008 at 6:14 pm

We have a historic 924 seat theatre with a balcony in N. Ohio. It is decorated in a art deco style, the building is in good shape and the price is affordable. Currently operating in Norwalk, Ohio. You can see many pictures on our website at
Any questions e-mail me at or call me at 269-343-5932

48494849 on June 25, 2008 at 8:50 pm

What States are you interested in buying a theatre?

kittrell on June 25, 2008 at 9:05 pm

I have listed for sale a beautifully preserved 1923 Saenger styled,Moorish designed,1600 seat theatre in Meridian,Miss. historic downtown arts district for $675,000.Across street from new multi-level parking garage and 3 blocks from recently restored grand opera house/theatre.Significant tax credits available for rehabilitaion due to city being in Katrina “Go Zone”.For information,contact Jerome Kittrell (ph.601-917-7627;e-mail )

kittrell on June 25, 2008 at 10:40 pm

P.S.from Jerome Kittrell,in Meridian,Ms:if you would like more information on The Temple Theatre,you can ask Meridian native Steve Forbet,with whom I graduated high school.

TheaterOwner01 on June 26, 2008 at 12:02 am

Hello, Big Time, any states is oj, southern being the better choice but, am open, thanks

NativeForestHiller on June 26, 2008 at 12:24 am

The Ridgewood Theatre at 55-27 Myrtle Ave, Queens, NY (Brooklyn border) is up for SALE or LEASE. My name is Michael Perlman, and I am founder of Friends of Ridgewood Theatre, and I serve on the board of directors of the Queens Preservation Council. Please consider this endangered gem by Thomas Lamb, dating back to 1916. It is located in an up & coming neighborhood with a charming small town feel. It is a representation of the long-demolished Mark Strand Theatre, which was the 1st movie palace in the world. When it shuttered in March, it held the record as the longest continuously operated first-run theater in NY & potentially throughout the U.S. Please contact me at and follow for history, photos, status, & more! Thank you for your consideration!

GardenaCinema on June 29, 2008 at 3:32 am

Gardena Cinema for sale. See Owner will carry note. $3.5M includes property, equipment, business, all the collectibles from the past 32 years. If interested, please e-mail

peterscatt on July 29, 2008 at 2:45 am

Hi. I have a 10 thousand sqaure foot 100 year old theater, that can seat up to 350. It is fully restored and in good shape. We are currently using it as a music conservatory with live performances.
The location is in Dobbs Ferry, New York, an affluent small town 20 miles from Manhattan. It is a jewel. If you have any interest, please contact me at 914 384 4632 or Thanks.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment