Christchurch cinemas demolished after earthquake
CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND — Three Christchurch cinemas were demolished in March 2011 as a result of the September 11/February 22 earthquake. They are the:–
Joyland/Princess cinema, New Brighton. Opened in 1918 abd closed 1946. It had a seating capacity of 500.
Harbour Lights Cinema, Lyttleton. Opened March 20,1917, closed 1979-1985. Seating capacity was 575.
Lizzy B’s 2-plex/Picturehouse 2-plex, Kaiapoi. Opened 2007, Closed September September 11, 2010 as result of original ‘quake.
The Regent-On-Worcester still faces the demolishers ball.