Brighton, NY - Rejoice, film lovers: Movies 10 has reopened

posted by ThrHistoricalSociety on August 22, 2017 at 11:19 am

Medium

From the Democrat & Chronicle: Movies 10 has another chance at delighting moviegoers in the Rochester area.

The theater, which closed in January, is now operated by Zurich Cinemas, a company that owns Pittsford Plaza Cinema 9, plus other theaters or drive-ins in Oswego, Elmira and Geneva. The theater was operated for 20 years by Cinemark, which also operates Tinseltown USA and IMAX in Gates.

The theater’s soft opening started on Friday, and a grand opening is planned for next weekend, said Pittsford Plaza Cinema 9 general manager Austin Wildey.

Zurich completed extensive renovations at the Brighton theater on West Henrietta Road, including new reclining seats, sound systems and projectors in all 10 theater spaces, said Wildey. Also, there’s a revamped concession stand, digital menu boards and new televisions in the lobby, he said.

The average ticket at the theater will be $3, he said, continuing the theater’s discount tradition. It’s unclear yet whether the theater will offer additional discounts on certain days of the week.

Story link: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/08/18/rejoice-film-lovers-movies-10-reopened-friday/581914001/

ABOUT THEATRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA: Founded by Ben Hall in 1969, the Theatre Historical Society of America (THS) celebrates, documents and promotes the architectural, cultural and social relevance of America’s historic theatres. Through its preservation of the collections in the American Theatre Architecture Archive, its signature publication Marquee™ and Conclave Theatre Tour, THS increases awareness, appreciation and scholarly study of America’s theatres.

Learn more about historic theatres in the THS American Theatre Architecture Archives and on our website at historictheatres.org

Comments (25)

NittyRanks
NittyRanks on August 24, 2017 at 12:15 pm

This is around the corner from my work and one of our satellite clinics is next door. It’s a great alternative to higher priced theaters.

ted87
ted87 on March 11, 2019 at 3:31 am

I like this cinema, I go there with pleasure! 192.168.1.1

Only4Pets
Only4Pets on May 15, 2019 at 12:36 am

only4pets is India’s Best website for online Pet Shop search serving since 2005 and supply all type of Pets. we are provide you best pet service Adopt Pets online in india .

Only4Pets
Only4Pets on May 17, 2019 at 9:43 pm

Buy Ayurvedic Herbs Online in Trust the herb is a trusted marketplace to purchase the products. Available the different varieties of herbs that help to have good health Products like that Blood Purifier, Brain and Memory wellness, Diabetic Care, Hair Care , Men/Women Good Life Wellness, Immunity Booster, Bone/Joint wellness and more.

luciham2
luciham2 on May 22, 2020 at 9:41 pm

There’s a patched up snack bar, computerized menu sheets and new TVs in the entryway. paper.io 2

jomM0923
jomM0923 on July 23, 2020 at 11:32 pm

This is nice. At least I’ve found a nice blog like this… Worth reading.akinator mobi

Nyla
Nyla on September 10, 2020 at 9:27 am

Feel so much excited to share this. This is a great aid for those who are in search of the best institute which provides an Advanced Certification Program in Cyber Security and CEH-Certified Ethical Hacking for the professionals who are very much interested in learning the recent trends in Cyber Security Technologies. ceh training in kochi

johnrico022117
johnrico022117 on October 9, 2020 at 6:54 am

It’s great to hear movies 10 is now reopened. I enjoyed watching movies there. It’s a nice post and very useful to readers. Thank you for sharing. Roof Repair Columbus GA

johnrico022117
johnrico022117 on November 18, 2020 at 8:40 am

I just came back here to reread this post. It really is enjoyable. Thanks! stamped concrete knoxville tn

Jhonny Game
Jhonny Game on February 15, 2021 at 10:41 am

Great! I am also an old fan of movies 10! Thank for sharing and I’m able to know they were reopened. https://www.concretecontractorsyuma.com

gangathara
gangathara on April 19, 2021 at 5:37 am

A campaign management system (CMS) is a software solution designed to handle the various components of a marketing campaign. https://www.infobrez.com/campaign-management-software

syracuseelctrician
syracuseelctrician on May 13, 2021 at 1:16 am

I love this cinema. My best friend went there and He told us his beautiful experienced in that cinema. Visit my friend’s websiteTree Trimming

sandradsm
sandradsm on May 16, 2021 at 10:40 pm

This is wonderful news. tuckpointing

alfredlan217
alfredlan217 on July 2, 2021 at 6:25 am

I remember this place where I met my husband before. I really love our romantic moment and very memorable. Thank you if will be reopened again! https://www.concretecontractorsfortsmith.com

syracuseelctrician
syracuseelctrician on July 10, 2021 at 10:32 pm

This was great news in the year 2017. Tree service tampa

Alexis34
Alexis34 on July 12, 2021 at 8:46 am

The place is so beautiful, wish I could visit someday. What are sapphire windows used for?

syracuseelctrician
syracuseelctrician on August 12, 2021 at 11:08 pm

I’m pretty sure this place is getting more attention now.

tree cutting

Olive
Olive on October 4, 2021 at 11:03 am

Great place to visit, I miss this place. Epoxy Flooring

KevinDurant
KevinDurant on October 12, 2021 at 8:32 pm

If you are looking for a solution for your or your children’s relaxing time, then Sudoku 247 will be an option that makes you happy. With hundreds of attractive, interesting, rewarding, and completely free games for you!

Jhonny Game
Jhonny Game on October 20, 2021 at 1:13 am

It is a wonderful theatre and now it has opened again! I hope it will be a wonderful theatre. Thanks for opening! Cloud Freelancing

Olive
Olive on November 4, 2021 at 8:38 am

This is one of the great places to visit. Printing near me Little Rock

TamaraYeo
TamaraYeo on November 27, 2021 at 7:01 pm

He’s so bad but he does it so well Monero

TamaraYeo
TamaraYeo on November 27, 2021 at 7:02 pm

you are soo inspiring! thanks for this! IOTA

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment