AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 14, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Maybe they’ll do it when the new star wars movie comes out….

xbs2034
xbs2034 on April 12, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Well, the transition from IMAX film to digital was done over a Mon-Thurs period if I remember correctly, but I think this would take longer. And with The Water Diviner scheduled to play starting April 24th, and then the big summer movie season, my guess is the transition would happen in the fall (like it did last time).

Interestingly, the Empire 25 seems to have nothing scheduled for IMAX between Furious 7 and Tomorrowland, so that would seem like the time to do such a transition.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 6, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I actually never went to the other theaters at this venue other than the Imax screen. I love the interior of the lobby and the digital marquee. Do they still do the laser light preshow before the Imax movie when an usher introduces the presentation? I used to like that short featuring Mr big screen that I saw twenty years ago when seeing across the sea of time. I saw l5 twice the second time the print was wearing out…it was in 1996. Never saw a 2d Imax showing. It was always sold out before reserved seating made it possible for moviegoers to pick their seats. I remember seeing a video wall near the Imax while waiting to go into the screen and wearing those bulky Imax headsets.

mhvbear
mhvbear on April 5, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Not very likely that the Lincoln Square will get the seating that was installed at the Loews 86th Street. The Lincoln Square wouldn’t survive with that kind of severe reduction. Lincoln Square is doing sell out business. The 86th was washed up. Not getting the cream of the bookings and getting move overs from the Lincoln Square. Lincoln Square is a desired location for a lot of exclusive runs.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on April 5, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Hello-

I think the new set up at the 84 St. theater is a rip off. even if a particular auditorium has 5 people in it the basically force you to pay more for a reserved seat. its the same at the Cinema 1 on 3rd. Ave. the regular price is now $17 making it the most expensive regular ticket price in the city. in fact I went to see Mr. Turner there. I arrived several minutes before the film was due to begin but the line at the box office was sooooooo long since everyone was forced to pick a reserved seat that I missed the beginning of the film. in my opinion this reserved seat policy is just theater onwers way of squeezing more $$$ out of moviegoers.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 3, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Which movie has grossed the most and had the longest run at this theater I think titanic did well. For Imax on think avatar 3d same for the 3d version.

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on April 3, 2015 at 1:49 pm

This theater should be renovating like the sister of the loews 84th street 6

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 3, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Is this theater showing its age? 20 plus years sounds like it is. They should renovate this theater much like it’s sister theater on 84th street.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on April 3, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I reached out to someone at AMC via Twitter and was informed that in fact no plans made or any specific details are available and to check with the theatre for further information as to specific facts.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on April 3, 2015 at 7:55 am

Thank you for actually providing a link, however, it doesn’t say exactly when the transition is taking place. So until someone speaks with theatre management and gets a shut down and re-open date, then any guesses is just that a guess.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 1, 2015 at 3:07 pm

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 28, 2015 at 1:43 pm

yeah rumor and innuendo.

I could come on here and post that the building is going to be imploded and replaced with a Islamic mosque and then say, “Oh that’s just my opinion”

what purpose does it serve here. I thought this was a board with actual historical information concerning a particular venue

That other speculation would be better served on a Facebook page or Twitter.

celboy
celboy on March 25, 2015 at 9:48 pm

rumor/innuendo??? neither, as I stated…. just my opinion from looking at the fandango calendar.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 25, 2015 at 8:14 pm

What was the best SDDS Presentation?

mhvbear
mhvbear on March 25, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I was told a couple of weeks ago when I asked that the upgrade was not going to happen until August or September.

RobertAlex
RobertAlex on March 25, 2015 at 8:10 pm

It’s a pretty good guess. The Chinese IMAX theater in Hollywood is doing the installation now, reopening 4/2 with laser projection and new sound.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on March 25, 2015 at 7:16 pm

well maybe next time someone on this board goes to this complex, they can speak with management and get facts on this instead of rumor and innuendo.

celboy
celboy on March 25, 2015 at 4:39 pm

right now there seems to be a gap in fandango advance tix. So maybe april 16th to the end of the month they’ll do the laser install and then screen avengers 2. This is just my guess/opinion… . I don’t see them doing it during summer.

Giles
Giles on March 6, 2015 at 10:45 pm

from what I read only one scene was shot in IMAX for ‘Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens’

According to IMAX: “Lincoln Square is signed on, however we have not announced additional information at this point.”

The IMAX install for the new laser system also involves adding additional speakers (side wall plus four in the ceiling).

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 5, 2015 at 11:43 am

i agree. And Dolby atmos is in empire 25 and ls. Auro 11.1 is in other theaters such as regal.

celboy
celboy on March 5, 2015 at 11:38 am

There are a lot of variables for Star Wars. I just figure they have more time before release date. I don’t think they will employ a “Nolan film workflow”. There doesn’t appear to be a lot of imax shot—-its not like Batman. I think Imax will push High Brightness 3D & Rez so to compete with competitor Dolby Vision.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 5, 2015 at 11:07 am

I’m not sure….star wars was shot on 70mm Imax and 35mm film. They should keep the projector.

celboy
celboy on March 5, 2015 at 11:03 am

I guess they would need a couple weeks in april to do this.Probably more lasers required than any other previous screen install due to screen size. That & a busy summer schedule…..I wonder exactly when. I am hoping Star Wars has it.

Mr_shees
Mr_shees on March 5, 2015 at 8:54 am

Any chance this new IMAX projector will be installed by the time Avengers Age of Ulton comes out?

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on February 28, 2015 at 5:09 pm

They supposed to install the new imax projector according to the manager owned lincoln Square 13