AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

celboy
celboy on November 14, 2014 at 4:21 pm

OK the tuesday shows of hobbit 3 are listed as HFR but the marathon on monday is listed as 3d only..I sure hope its HFR for all 3…can there server hold all 3 movies at her?

celboy
celboy on November 14, 2014 at 3:20 pm

I’m sorry—I got them on movie tickets.com but fandango lists it as HFR.

celboy
celboy on November 14, 2014 at 3:18 pm

So I just got fandango tix for the hobbit marathon on the 15th & it was labeled Imax HFR…Could that be a typo? I’m not sure my back can handle those seats for 3 long films.

fgondolli
fgondolli on November 13, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Saw Interstellar here on 70mm IMAX. To me it did not feel like the projector was set up properly. The edges of the screen, in particular the top and bottom, were much dimmer than the center of the screen. Really only the very center seemed to be at peak brightness. You could almost see a line where the image started to fall off towards the top. As a result, despite the impressive scope of the image, the picture quality felt pretty lackluster compared to previous IMAX film screenings I’d seen at this location. (I’d agree with celboy’s earlier comment that the film in general felt dark, but it seemed to me that the fault of this was in the projection, not inherent to the film).

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 11, 2014 at 1:44 am

We were told on Saturday that the laser projectors will be installed next summer and the Lincoln Square IMAX will be one of the first to have an install. No IMAX print of the upcoming ‘Hunger Games’ film. No 15/70 mm prints of the upcoming “The Hobbit' film. No IMAX footage was shot.

celboy
celboy on November 10, 2014 at 11:59 pm

So Seattle and who else will have it next month?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 10, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Come next year more Imax venues including this one will upgrade to laser projection. The first theatres will have it by the time the final hobbit movie is out.

DavidMorgan
DavidMorgan on November 10, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Here is a video taken inside the IMAX projection room at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square, showing projectionists preparing the 70mm IMAX print of “Interstellar.”

celboy
celboy on November 6, 2014 at 6:04 am

I found interstellar a little too loud. or the choice of mix too much music. Some dialogue hard to understand.And many images very dark. Unlike dark knight where you had footage that you could appreciate the detail—helicopter gotham shots—here not so much. The aspect ratio changes bothered me more here. I sort of wonder now why not shoot the whole movie imax. I am curious to see it digital without the aspect changes.—just my opinion after first screening.

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 6, 2014 at 12:55 am

Now that Interstellar is out and the film projector is being used again, any word on if Hobbit Pt. 3 will indeed screen on an IMAX 3D film print. I saw it mentioned back here in a comment a couple months ago, and IMDB lists a 70mm IMAX version in their tech specs, but I’m a bit skeptical given some word that Interstellar would be the last 70mm IMAX print.

If Hobbit does indeed have such a release here, I would book my tickets for that to perhaps give IMAX 70mm one last viewing (I did recently see a documentary in IMAX film as I see some museums are still using that, but for a studio film I haven’t seen one since Catching Fire). If not, I’ll probably go for HFR 3D at a regular theater like the last one (I do have some issues with the format still but it is a unique experience, and I felt they improved the HFR effect in the second movie over the first).

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 5, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Interstellar now playing at this theater…any thoughts?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on October 9, 2014 at 12:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEAbk44Lrk ….oculus rift experience now at this theater to promote interstellar.

mhvbear
mhvbear on October 2, 2014 at 11:07 am

It is just short of a 3 hour film and I wold think they are trying to get 2 shows at night in. Shows are at 10AM, 2PM, 6PM, 10PM & 2AM. I wonder what kind of crowds they get for a 2 AM showing? I am seeing it Saturday at 2PM. Having to come in from outside the city. I see the Tuesday night 8 PM show is close to selling out already.

celboy
celboy on October 2, 2014 at 1:31 am

thanks for letting me know because fandango’s fan alert didn’t. Boy those good seats went fast.I will go wednesday.

Why is it seem that the first week or 2’s screen times aren’t that convenient for getting out of work & getting to the theater & then they come around to screenings around 7pm or 8pm?

Its been this way with this imax even before they did reserved seating.

mhvbear
mhvbear on October 1, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Tickets are on sale for Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’ playing at the IMAX in 15/70mm and 4K on the Loews Screen.

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on September 20, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Yes I “ve seen their IMAX presentation at the AMC Lincoln Square IMAX every since they switched from 15/70mm in the late spring to the early summer .The Movie I saw was the the Amazing spiderman 2 which they was using the 15/70mm print of The Amazing spiderman 2 on the big screen

mhvbear
mhvbear on September 17, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Under performing to it’s potential. Have you seen how pathetic their IMAX presentation is since they switched from 15/70mm.

AlAlvarez
AlAlvarez on September 17, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Under performing which theatre?

mhvbear
mhvbear on September 17, 2014 at 11:25 am

The Lincoln Square IMAX is still under performing using4K Digital Projection.

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on September 16, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I used to work in this theater as a usher during the summer youth program 2012 and I did gave the people 3D glasses.The AMC asked my old high school to asked me to work for them and my job was greeting the guess when they entering the theaters .By next year I hope the AMC come to my old high school to ask the student to work for them

Giles
Giles on September 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Wait.. what? … I didn’t think the new IMAX laser systems weren’t going to debut until next year

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on September 6, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I did saw the amazing spiderman 2 and godzilla in IMAX but I remember they playing movie with laser IMAX digital projector and I noticed about the amazing spiderman 2 and godzilla was playing in 15/70mm film projector every since I was on line buying large popcorn and the hole people waiting for the movie ti start at Lincoln Square in the late may and the early june

mhvbear
mhvbear on August 4, 2014 at 12:25 am

The last time I was at the Lincoln Square to see ‘Lucy" i inquired about 15/70mm at the IMAX screen. I was told that “Interstellar” and “The Hobbit:The Battle of the Five Armies” will show actual prints.

celboy
celboy on August 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

RelexedNYC: What features do you recall being full width there? I wonder if they were imax film DMR’s. I think the lenses attached to the dlp’s can’t do full width on that screen. PS-I found the 3d of Hobbit Teaser so much better than the “average/typical 3d” of Guardians ….which was still a really good movie.

relaxednyc
relaxednyc on August 3, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Fingers crossed the laser IMAX upgrade happens soon- digital IMAX presentation of Guardians of the Galaxy was incredibly disappointing, with the image not even filling the screen side-to-side like it used to, probably 10 feet of blank borders on the left and right. Coupled with the fact that films not shot in IMAX never fill the screen top to bottom, this made the image essentially look like a mistake. 3D was fine, but slightly dim.

The IMAX screen is huge, but using probably 50% or less of it to show a film makes the only benefit to seeing a film there the reserved seating.