Showing 1 - 25 of 1,065 comments
Pages should probably be merged.
Tribune article with one current photo.
Copy & Paste to view.
1985 photos added. Photo credits Mark Ferris.
Just added a circa 1944 photo courtesy of the Alte Bilder aus vergangenen Tagen für Autofans Facebook page.
Note the earlier marquee. Buildings next door on either side are the same as those in the other photo. The Spectator offices were next door.
Correction: 1961 Photo credit LIFE Magazine.
Obituary of Dorothy L. Mavrich.
Copy & paste to view.
A couple photos of the Sheridan in this recent Hopper video piece by the Whitney Museum of American Art.
Copy & Paste to view.
Additional demolition photos added.
Photo credits John P. Keating Jr.
1934 Wilson Theatre Photo Added.
Photo Credit: Lillian M. Campbell Memorial Collection. Courtesy West Side Historical Society, Legler Branch Library. Thanks to Neil Arsenty for finding it.
Undated photo added courtesy of Art Peterson.
Circa 1958 photo added courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
Lakeside Theatre 1936 IDOT photo added.
Circa 1940’s photo added courtesy of Joel Windmiller.
Here is a 2011 link with the various places the stone faces from the Garrick ended up, scattered around the city. Copy & Paste to view.
More images here. Copy & Paste to view.
Other images here. Copy & paste to view.
Other images here. Copy & Paste to view.
Added image. Palace sign in 1940, photo courtesy of the RockfordReminisce.com Facebook page.
1942 photo added credit RockfordReminisce.com Facebook page.
2 photos added.
June 14, 1972 photo added to Photo’s Section of first concert at the Tower. Dave Mason & Buzzy Linhart.
Photo via 11/20/14 link below, though the photo date is from Wikipedia.
Copy & Paste to view article.
I have Shorpy on Facebook, and it just popped up.
Added to Photos Section a 1949 photo credit John M. Fox, via the Shorpy Photo Archive.
The original link also has a View Full Size feature.
Copy & Paste to view link.
1942 photo added, courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
Below is the Google Street View that shows the Grand structure has been hollowed out, with only the facade remaining.
Below link has an image of a print ad.
Lewiston Drive-In Theatre was the full name.