AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 226 - 250 of 1,498 comments

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on May 6, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Justin, moviegoers well behaved,Wow.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 4, 2011 at 4:24 am

For those who don’t want to see Thor in fake 3D and Liemax 3D, there’s a 2D version.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 1, 2011 at 5:50 am

I went to see Fast Five last night at a nearly packed house in IMAX. Prior to each showing they have a line barrier for those wait in line to get their seats after they purchase the ticket. Once we got in, I sat all the way up to the second-to-back row of the theater, in middle row. The preshow frame was projected smaller on the screen, more to the upper left corner of the screen rather than fill the IMAX screen. During transitions from preshow to don’t talk on the phone, there was a blue screen, which was kinda annoying. The trailers didn’t use up the full ratio of the imax screen, just in scope. The movie looked and sounded good on the IMAX screen, and the audience behaved and cheered well. Watch after the main credits for a bonus scene!!!

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 29, 2011 at 4:55 pm

This weekend, Fast Five will crush the competition. I plan on seeing this movie in IMAX tomorrow night if it’s not sold out. Even though it’s not filmed in IMAX, I can be sucked into the picture and car noises amped up to the max.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 23, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Well I was just at the mall and peeked in to set what was on the IMAX (they have nothing listed as IMAX past the 1PM showing of Born Wild 3D) and it sure looked like Water For Elephants on the IMAX screen to me. I’m sure WFE is not playing on any of the true IMAX screens but in the digital theaters they sometimes swap around as fit. They don’t feel Born Wild 3D does enough business for the evening shows now so they need to make use of one of the larger seating capacities and there are no other IMAX films out so they just put whatever they feel fills seats I think and it seems like they decided on WFE, at least for this Saturday evening.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 23, 2011 at 8:18 pm

JJD
JJD on April 23, 2011 at 6:10 pm

If I’m correct, Fast Five will be taking over the IMAX screen at Rockaway 16, not Water for Elephants. Is WFE playing on any IMAX screen?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 23, 2011 at 5:01 pm

HOpefully DisneyNature comes out with its first IMAX feature since most of its releases are 2D 35mm features.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 23, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Unfortunately it looks like Water For Elephants takes over the IMAX screen and not African Cats once Born Wild 3D’s shows for the day are over. I think AFrican Cats would make much better use of the large IMAX screen since it probably has dumb Disney narration and the visuals are all where it is at.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 23, 2011 at 6:23 am

Other than Thor, advance tickets are on sale for Pirates 4, which was shot in 3D. I’ll probably see it in RealD 3D rather than pay more for IMAX 3D, which is essentially a blown-up version of the scope film.

JJD
JJD on April 22, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Not yet, Justin…probably this week along with “BTBW” on IMAX. Thanx for the Real or Fake website.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Awesome pre-movie short featuring Scrat, a teaser for Ice Age 4.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 20, 2011 at 7:05 pm

I noticed that when I went to see Rio in 3D. Great use of 3D as it was animated for 3D rather being converted. JJD, have you seen “Rio”? It’s the best animated film of 2011, until Kung Fu Panda 2 comes out, probably watching it in reald 3d. Hoodwinked 2 looks awful. Dolphin Tale is Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman’s first 3D movie as movie stars, and it looks interesting. A good website for checking out which movie is real 3D or not is http://realorfake3d.com/

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 20, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Probably. They’re also using the liemax screen to project Scream 4 on the supersized screen, much like the digital way of showing a smaller movie for which the Lincoln Square did when they show non-IMAX movies.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 20, 2011 at 2:17 pm

thanks Guys,nearest AMC to be is Atlanta,2 hours away.Enjoy.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 20, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Maybe African Cats?? It seems the showtimes for that start right after Born Wild 3D IMAX showings end? It’s weird that they have a second listing of african cats for two earlier shows but they are already all grayed out, maybe the early showings in the smallest theater they pre-sold out to school groups or something?? And then show it off on their largest screen for the later showings?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Showtimes are up for this weekend…only three showtimes each day for Born to be Wild 3D IMAX and that’s it. Wonder what the other showtimes will be used for?

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 19, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Wow, not many. You’d think they would try to make 4k for all. So far True Grit is the only 4k master I’ve seen then.

I’m not sure if Top Gun is going to be 4k. It’s not on the list. A couple people said it will be but I can find nothing to back that up.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

How many movies have been mastered in 4k recently? All of them or only a few?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

All of them with the exception of the liemax.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Which screens numbers support 4k?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Yup. Only at AMC theatres. Has anyone seen a 4k movie at this theater? If so how is it?