AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

AlAlvarez
AlAlvarez on September 30, 2008 at 11:19 am

Judge Cooper is actually on the mark. Some popcorn kernels simply never pop.

As a dentist friend once told me, “No healthy tooth can be hurt by a raw kernel of popcorn. It is ridiculous for anyone to hold a movie theatre responsible for their existing rotten dental condition”.

Movie theatres around the world import American midwestern corn because it has a higher internal humidity level and therefore a higher popping ratio, yielding a more efficient popcorn to “old maid” (unpopped kernel) ratio.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on August 21, 2008 at 9:35 pm

Yeah I meant A Christmas Carol. Jim Carrey plays multiple characters.

I can also see Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland and Iron Man 2 going to IMAX as well.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on August 21, 2008 at 3:07 pm

You mean An Xmas Carol, KingBiscuits. That one will do well, probably replacing Polar Express as the next Imax annual holiday movie during Xmas. It will be released November of next year. Next year will also bring the second Night at the Museum movie, this one taking place at the Smithsonian, which in real life has its own Imax theater, which will probably not play that movie since it’s catered towards educational films.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on August 21, 2008 at 3:30 am

Eagle Eye on IMAX? Really? I knew it was going to be a hit before but now it’s really going to make some dough.

The description didn’t mention the films that opened on the IMAX screen on opening day. Those films were Into The Deep and The Last Buffalo.

More upcoming films for IMAX will be Watchmen, Monsters vs. Aliens, Night At The Museum 2, Transformers 2 and Shrek Goes Fourth. I really would love to see Terminator Salvation and Robert Zemeckis' new film also make the transition to IMAX.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on August 16, 2008 at 8:20 pm

When I first went to this theater, I didn’t eat any food during the movies that I attended, since it costs more than other theaters in my area. Very rare that the concession stand at the theater was closed for violations. FYI, the new Harry Potter won’t come out until next summer, which leaves the new Madagascar movie as a box office hopeful. Another movie coming out in IMAX soon will be Eagle Eye, starring Shia Lebouf.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on August 16, 2008 at 9:42 am

Here’s the pertinent paragraph:

Meanwhile foodies are also out of luck if they’re looking for snacks at the Loews in Lincoln Center where all of the concession stands have been shut down for health code violations. “It makes me sick knowing I’ve eaten all the food here before,” said local resident Nischala Dubey. Viewers planning to ride the Pineapple Express this weekend may have to look to the nearby Food Emporium in order to nosh during their moviegoing experience.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on August 14, 2008 at 9:46 pm

The concession stands at this theatre got shut down recently for health code violations. That probably made people seeing Pineapple Express and The Dark Knight angry.

In short, not a good day for the theatre.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on July 21, 2008 at 9:22 pm

Photo of world permiere of The Dark Knight here and many more on flickr:

Bill Huelbig
Bill Huelbig on July 15, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Segask: I’m from NJ, and the last couple of times I’ve visited LA were specifically to visit the Dome when they were showing Cinerama on that screen, the likes of which we don’t have in NY anymore. I did other touristy stuff as well, but the shows at the Dome were my real reason for making the trip.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 15, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Did anyone go to last night’s world premiere of the movie at this theater. The late Heath Ledger’s famiy relatives, as well as Mr. Bale and the director, attended the event. This movie will be the highest grossing Imax release at this theater for some time. The movie will shift aspect ratios from regular scope to full IMAX. I wonder how the transitions will happen, like fade in and out, or just flash, there it is!!!

William
William on July 9, 2008 at 4:00 pm

“The Dark Knight”, Justin started it. :)

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on July 9, 2008 at 3:54 pm

perhaps you could tell the rest of us what TDK is?

William
William on July 9, 2008 at 3:34 pm

It looks like regular admission for “TDK” is $12 and for IMAX it’s $16. It also looks like the first few days of it in IMAX are already SOLD OUT at this theatre.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on July 9, 2008 at 2:51 pm

BTW, how are ticket sales for TDK? I’d like to see this movie at this theater, which I haven’t been to in nearly 10 years!!! Have they changed anything at the IMAX part of the theater since I last visited, which was back in 2000? Pretty soon that IMAX theater will show no more film!!!

segask
segask on June 27, 2008 at 12:12 am

thanks for the photo Warren. I live in southern CA, and have never been to NYC. If I ever do visit, I would go see the Ziegfeld, Lincoln Square, and Empire 25 in addition to all the other standard tourist stuff that people do in their first visit.

What about any of you folks who have never been to LA? Would seeing a movie at the Chinese, the Dome, the El Capitan, etc. be at the top of your to do list along with Disneyland and all the other standard tourist stuff?

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on June 26, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Warren’s photo is that of the Loews auditorium,towards the screen. I’ve seen movies there.

segask
segask on June 26, 2008 at 12:51 am

does anyone have any pics of the Loews auditorium? I’ve seen a pic of the screen with the proscenium. I’d like to see a pic taken from in front of the first row of the main floor, looking back at the entire seating area including the balcony.

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on June 1, 2008 at 5:13 pm

I’d say their IMAX screen still rakes in a lot of dough.

edblank
edblank on June 1, 2008 at 4:25 pm

Anyone know where Lincoln Square 13 ranks now in terms of total annual revenue and/or the highest revenue per screen average?

KingBiscuits
KingBiscuits on February 26, 2008 at 8:11 pm

A number of the films mentioned above (Showtime, Insomnia, Men In Black II, Austin Powers in Goldmember, Signs, The Lord Of The Rings sequels, Gangs Of New York, the Kill Bill films, Van Helsing, Team America: World Police, Star Wars Episode III and the first Transformers run) were of 35mm prints projected on the IMAX screen. Another film that could be included is Everyone Says I Love You, which played a midnight show on the IMAX screen during its Oscar run beginning on December 6th, 1996.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on February 10, 2008 at 2:48 pm

The U2 movie is also being shown in digital 3d as well. Too bad Hannah Montana is not playing at this theater. When the IMAX theater was in its first years, I remember seeing a short policy film called “Mr. Big Screen” which showed a guy trying to opening up the big screen, which ends with a nice fly-by view of New York City. Before the film began, they had some usher announcing the film and what do to following a light show. To this day, has the IMAX part of the theater gained more popularity than the rest of the theater? It’s the only one with stadium seating.

owenspierre81
owenspierre81 on February 3, 2008 at 9:58 am

A list of films that were shown in IMAX at the Lincoln Square from 2002 to today.

1/1/02- Beauty and the Beast: The IMAX Experience
9/21/07- Transformers: The IMAX Experience
11/16/07- Beowulf: The IMAX 3D Experience
12/14/07- I Am Legend: The IMAX Experience
1/23/08- U2 3D: The IMAX Experience

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 13, 2007 at 3:14 pm

When Beowulf opens, will it be shown in digital 3d alongside the Imax 3d and 35mm? I checked the advance listing and it only showed 35mm and IMAX 3D for the two screens.

BobT
BobT on September 24, 2007 at 10:20 pm

When “T-Rex: Back to the Cretaceous” played upstairs, it had the best ballyhoo/promotional display I ever saw. It was a full size T-Rex head, attached to the front of the complex wall on Broadway, up high with broken bricks around the neck that made it look like it had crashed thru the wall. It was neat.