AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 251 - 275 of 1,502 comments

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 19, 2011 at 3:32 pm

How many movies have been mastered in 4k recently? All of them or only a few?

moviebuff82 on April 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm

All of them with the exception of the liemax.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Which screens numbers support 4k?

moviebuff82 on April 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Yup. Only at AMC theatres. Has anyone seen a 4k movie at this theater? If so how is it?

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 19, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I guess “TOP GUN” will be select cities?

moviebuff82 on April 17, 2011 at 9:06 am

Advance tickets are now up for “Thor” in fake 3D and liemax 3d. I’ll rather see the 2D version.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 12, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Cool. I’ll have to check it out. This theater is really doing a lot of this now, nice. Although I’m not sure if many people realize it. Had you not posted that, I’d have never known about it.

moviebuff82 on April 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Top Gun returns to this theater at the end of this month for two shows only, just in time for its 25th anniversary. The original Top Gun played in the old Rockaway theaters and did quite well.

moviebuff82 on April 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm

advance tickets are on sale for Fast Five, but only for the IMAX version. Regular edition showtimes are greyed out. AMC must be planning ahead in advance of heavy demand. Also coming out is African Cats.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 6, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Remake of “Arthur” how can do this to a classic comedy,Hopefully folks will stay away in droves,But the under 30 crowd i am sure will think it is the greatest thing.I wish they would quit remaking great films.I heard the “DIRTY DOZEN” was set for a remake.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 4, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Yeah,Justin,How much was make believe.think I could have found something better,But most movie bio-pics are rewritten.“THEY DIED WITH THEIR BOOTS” about the only thing they got right in that 40’s Classic was Custer was killed at LITTLE BIG HORN.

moviebuff82 on April 4, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Air Force One I saw when I was 14. Action packed and violent, yet educational for its portrayal of the famous presidential plane. When summer rolls around, ticket prices will spike.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Wow, “Apocalyspe Now”.Don’t be surprized,My brother said his Daughter was Shown “AIR FORCE ONE” rated R for a History class.Hadn’t figured that out yet,Lazy History teacher I guess.Lol.

moviebuff82 on April 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm

you double commented, rampagingbandicoot.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 4, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I’m not sure schools had anything to do with it, just wanting to get parents to bring their kids in, those that had not already been.

Actually that reminds me, they showed Apocalypse Now, full R-rated cut, at the local high school here in a few classes back in the 80’s. Of course in today’s age I’m sure a few people would go nuts.

rampagingbandicoot4
rampagingbandicoot4 on April 4, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on April 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Might have re-edited for school use.i remember when “SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER” was cut to a PG version,we even played it.It did pretty good.there have been a few re-edited films and re-released i know “CLOCKWORK ORANGE” was and “MIDNIGHT COWBOY” was reduced to an R-rating.In “COWBOY” i don’t know if any thing was ever cut,seems like times changed and it wasn’t an X-rated movie.There are probably a few others,Justin.Glad you are Back.

moviebuff82 on April 4, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Now playing at this theater….AMC Smart MovieSnacks!!!! View link
Better snacks, now better movies soon.

moviebuff82 on March 31, 2011 at 11:39 am

I’m doing good. On the movietickets.com website, you can now search for a movie at this theater by release date in addition to searching for it by ABC. This is useful for watching older movies you missed out instead of the more popular new releases, which are marked with a red “NEW” next to it. New releases at this theater include “Hop” on two screens, “Insidious” on one, “The Source Code” on one, and the PG-13 version of the Best Picture winner “The King’s Speech”, which removes all swear words in the film which is kinda stupid but will reach a wider audience. Also playing is “Win Win”, which is getting rave reviews. “Mars Needs Moms” is playing in digital 3d on one showtime. Born to be Wild 3D will play next weekend in IMAX 3D, followed by a remake of Arthur, Hanna (which looks great), Soul Surfer, and Your Highness, which looks stupid. Rio 3D, Scream 4, and indie movie Trust come to this theater. African Cats opens next week, and is doing well on sold out shows on Earth Day. Advance showtimes for summer movies don’t come out until mid-April. I believe the new Fast and Furious movie might bring moviegoers back to this theater.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 31, 2011 at 11:02 am

March 31 2011,No comment from Justin.hope you are okay.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Thanks,just keeping up with my AMC ROCKAWAY articles.Justin you are going to be at 2000 before you know it.

moviebuff82 on March 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Speaking of stubs, just got mine in the mail.

moviebuff82 on March 21, 2011 at 9:49 am

I agree. Advance tickets for several movies that are the same old garbage are coming out..including another Easter movie and a movie based on a true story of a surfer who lost her arm to a shark. None of these movies look interesting. It will take a month or two before summer kicks in to kickstart the box office to an increase over last year, in which multiple 3D movies dominated the box office with healthy grosses. This theater will probably need money mostly from its electic concession menu, and the new Stubs program which could give a jolt into the company’s bottom line, and perhaps put AMC back onto the stock market.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Good Comments Guys,no one forces anyone to see Anything!

moviebuff82 on March 13, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I agree. 2D makes the movie more viewable.