Showing 251 - 275 of 2,323 comments
1918 photo added courtesy of the Old Photographs Facebook page.
1970 photo as Cameo Moulin added, courtesy of the Robert’s World Facebook page.
Expandable link from Calumet 412, with additional pics not in the Photo Section.
Eerie that the finale of the show that night was “Then Away We Go”.
Circa 1944 photo added, courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
This article covers Cine Alcazar and several others.
2016 photo added, photo credit Dustin Carpenter.
1957 photo as the Rose Theatre added courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
December 25, 1971 Tribune movie section, showing it was named “Capri Cinema” at that time.
So it reverted from and back to 3 Penny Cinema again after that.
Should be added to the Overview.
Link to the 1939 Library of Congress photo of the Royal.
Address should be changed to 415 E. Allen Street.
The building is still standing.
1959 and current photo added.
Building today houses Arlene’s Gallery.
This photo is the Granada that was located at 1066 Market Street, that later became the Paramount.
Which it is listed as in Cinema Treasures.
Article with video of the new sign going up.
December 1963 photo added, photo credit Richard Wojick Collection.
Pantages blade sign altered to read “Cleopatra”.
Circa 1983 photo added courtesy of Phillip Goodwin.
FYI, another local piece.
1959 photograph added, photo credit Ed Roseberry.
Circa 1954 photo added courtesy of the AmeriCar The Beautiful Facebook page.
Here is the Facebook page and website dedicated to the Terrace.
The Faceboook page has recent photos of the salvaged marquee letters.
Just caught a glimpse of the Optic in a 1981 episode of “Hill Street Blues” titled “Hearts and Minds”.
Circa 1974 photo added courtesy of Michael Schuman.
2008 & 2015 photos added.
Facade has been restored.
Apparently it was originally an indoor pool.
2014 article about it;s then upcoming renovation.
Carol Theatre Facebook page below.
Demolition video and saving of the sign.
Address should be corrected to read 10860 W. Pico Blvd.
Evidence is in the image posted 04/17/15.
The Earl Carroll just got landmark status.
Thanksgiving Day Nov. 29, 1956 photo added.
Houston premiere of “Love Me Tender”.
Photo credit Houston Chronicle photographer Bob Verlin.