Kingsway Theatre

946 Kings Highway,
Brooklyn, NY 11223

Louella
Louella on December 16, 2008 at 1:26 pm

I was in Troop 442 of the Boy Scouts which met in that Jewish Center.
Any other of you guys around?
Karl B.

bmovies
bmovies on December 16, 2008 at 8:37 am

“The neighborhood was well kept and all the homes (mostly 1 family) all clean and well taken care of. This did not look like a poor neighborhood at all.”

I recall East 13th street. :–) I had friends (and bullies) living there. True it didnt LOOK poor. Just average. Indeed some people there seemed to be doing better than on my street. I do recall a mix of single family homes and apartment buildings.

I also recall the little grocery store there on East 13th. I also remember a synagogue on East 13th (this is different from the Jewish center on Ave. P and 12th). I recall right next door to the synagogue was an old private house. That old house it seemed was not occupied by anyone. As the years passed, it would deteriorate and no one would come and repair it. Inside the first floor of the house, you could see inside somewhat, and there was nothing but cardboard boxes piled high, but obviously filled with something. Due to its creepy loook and feel, that house gained the reputation as the neighborhood “haunted house” (not because it was actually haunted, but because thats how kids are).

Eventually, that old house burned down to the ground. I personally watched the firefighters fight that fire. As the firefighters battled the blaze, I remember one of the neighborhood bullies giving some guy his version of events on how he discovered the fire and the guy was writing it all down in his little notebook (no doubt the guy was a police or fire investigator). I overheard the bully tell this guy how as he was playing ball, his ball went over into the driveway of the house, he went to retrieve it, and saw that the house was burning, so he went and called the fire department.

His version of events completely struck me as a bunch of BS. As I’ve NEVER known this kid to play ball. And what kind of game with a ball, he never specified (basketball, football, baseball, stickball, handball?). Plus, he used the word “ball” so damn much. “I was playing ball, my ball went over, I went to get my ball”, etc. Which made ME suspicious. I assumed that he was the one who set the fire. I wondered if the investigator was buying that kids story. Anyways, doing a google street view on that property lot reveals that its now occupied by a apartment house of 6 apartments (3x3).

“I also went to P.S. 238 from K – 8th grade from 1952 – 1960. Then to James Madison H.S. I remember at P.S. 238 you would hang out in the schoolyard until a whistle blew & then you had to line up by class. There were 2 big yards. One for boys on the north end and one for girls on the south side. These were for the older grades. The younger grades were in a smaller middle yard between the other two.”

Now that brings back a memory! I didnt go to 238 for that long. Just from grades 2-5. But when I went there, they were still doing that: made us hang out in the schoolyard untill the whistle blew, and then lining up by class. I do not recall which yard was for which classes, but I do recall that by the time I went to 238, they werent segregating us by boys and girls anymore. The girls in our class were in our line with us.

I recall one classmate, I was in the same class with him from 2-5, all those years. We never spoke one word to each other all those years. Not out of animosity, but because we just never got together.

In the 5th grade, our teacher mentioned, in an offhand comment, that this kid was in the tv show Sesame Street. All us kids stared at him as if he had a second head growing out of his shoulder. I had watched Sesame Street from time to time, but didnt remember him. That afternoon, after school had let out, I went straight home and turned on Sesame Street. About 15-30 minutes had passed and sure enough, there he was with his little brother runinng around in a taped segment. I couldnt believe that I had watched Sesame Street all that time, and had been classmates with this kid all those years, but didnt notice the similarity between him and one of the kids on that show up untill now. On subsequent shows I watched as he appeared in other segments of the program.

“I remember there was a real small park called Sgt. Joyce Kilmer Square at the intersection of Kings Highway, Quentin Rd. and E. 12th St.”

Yep, that small park was there when I was a kid, and, going by gogle street view, its still there today.

“E. 12th St. did not have brownstones in the same sense as in Manhattan or Brooklyn Heights.”

Okay, my place was a Brooklyn type brownstone. :–)

“These were 1 family attached homes made of brick with steps & porches.”

Again, here is my old place:

This is not a one family house. This is a 2 family apartment house. The same with the places on either side. (I ought to know, I’ve seen them from the inside as well as the outside, as I made friends with the people who lived in them).

Here is how its listed on NYC property website:

Building Class: B1 – Two-family dwelling

Construction Type: Brick
Year Built: 1910
Exterior Wall: Masonry

According to that site, the current worth of that property is 676 thousand. It certainly doesnt look like its worth that much and I wonder IF it still is infested with cockroaches.

“On the corner of E. 12th St. and Ave. P was a Jewish Center where I would go to play Bingo with my mother”

The Jewish center I remember. I went inside all of a couple of times. I mostly played outside it. We kids loved the front steps, which sometimes we wouldnt bother going up or down. We pretty much would try to lift ourselves up, or climbed down from, the landing, without using the steps.

sausterlitz
sausterlitz on December 15, 2008 at 10:52 am

I grew up around the corner from bmovies on E. 13th St. between Ave. P & Kings Highway in a 6 story apt. house. I lived there from 1948 – 1975. The neighborhood was well kept and all the homes (mostly 1 family) all clean and well taken care of. This did not look like a poor neighborhood at all. I also went to P.S. 238 from K – 8th grade from 1952 – 1960. Then to James Madison H.S. I remember at P.S. 238 you would hang out in the schoolyard until a whistle blew & then you had to line up by class. There were 2 big yards. One for boys on the north end and one for girls on the south side. These were for the older grades. The younger grades were in a smaller middle yard between the other two.
I remember there was a real small park called Sgt. Joyce Kilmer Square at the intersection of Kings Highway, Quentin Rd. and E. 12th St. On the corner of that square was a RExall Drug Store. Right down Kings Highway was the original Crazy Eddie Store and across Kings Highway from Crazy Eddie was the best bakery in the world: Ebingers!
E. 12th St. did not have brownstones in the same sense as in Manhattan or Brooklyn Heights. These were 1 family attached homes made of brick with steps & porches. On the corner of E. 12th St. and Ave. P was a Jewish Center where I would go to play Bingo with my mother when I was around 14. We used to play punchball & stickball on E. 13th St. There was a stupid tree that hung over the infield area that the ball would always get caught up in.
The Kingsway Theatre was on the SW corner of Kings Highway & Coney Island Avenue. My friends and I used to go on Saturdays. All shows were double features. We would come in at anytime and leave when we got to the part that we came in on. Kids were $.35, but it got hiked to $.50 for a Disney feature. There were really mean matrons that kept the kids seated in one section and ran up & down the aisle with their flashlights keeping us quiet. I graduated in the theatre from P.S 238 in 1960. There was a good chinese restaurant a few doors down.
I could keep going, but I’ll stop here. Ask me about anything else if you’re interested. It was fun!

bmovies
bmovies on December 2, 2008 at 9:50 am

By the way Broadwaychris, you write: “Like BdwyPhil, I too worked there in the late 70’s, early 80’s as an usher, I ‘barked’, was ‘head usher’ and had the time of my life there. Someone who commented about seeing "old costumes” from the backstage area being tossed into dumpsters is talking out of their tukkus- there were no ‘old costumes’ anywhere in that theatre"

Could it be that was because the “old costumes” had been thrown out long before you first began working there? After all, you mention working there in the late 70s-early 80s, and the guy who claimed to have thrown out old costumes didnt give a date as to when he worked there. The theater opened in 1921, a time when they, among other movie theaters, showed live vaudeville acts as well as movies.

What I’m curious about is what kind of vaudeville acts appeared at the Kingsway (any famous ones like Fanny Brice, WC Fields, the Marx Brothers, Ed Wynn, etc), and when the Kingsway stopped having live vaudeville acts altogether, and just showed movies.

bmovies
bmovies on December 2, 2008 at 9:14 am

PS: The location of my old apartment (we lived on the second floor of the BROWNSTONE), is East 12 street, between Avenue P and Quentin Road

bmovies
bmovies on December 2, 2008 at 3:01 am

“bmovies seems to have status issues,”

What are status issues? If thats anything like calling me a liar, I don’t appreciate it. (Someone from Brooklyn went to College, and it wasnt me)

“that aside, it wasn’t a ‘very poor’ neighborhood”

It sure as hell was. I was poor, my downstairs neighbors were poor, my family, and the downstairs neighbors were welfare cases. Alot of the people in the apartment buildings near the corners were poor (one family down the block I recall I was friends with. They had mattresses on the floor, no beds. Very little furniture. Even we welfare cases had more furniture. And as for toys for their kids, I dug into my toy collection so that they could have some. Over time they would add some furniture here and there to their apartment). The kids around the corner were poor, etc. Alot of people on the block were struggling by. There were some homeowners (with single family homes) on the block, but most people were renters. Not all, but alot of people on my street didnt have much money, if any at all.

I do not know what’s the financial makeup of the neighborhood today, but back then it was POOR, we were POOR. The fact that this was the recession era 70s didnt help either.

“and there aren’t any brownstones on 12th St or in the general vicinity.”

The hell there isnt. My home was indeed a brownstone. Well, I COULD be wrong in describing it as a brownstone, but when I was living there, thats how I heard the adults (my mother, her friends, etc) refer to it.

Here’s a description of a brownstone:

Here’s a pic of my old place (the one in the center) on East 12 street:

Here’s a close up:

The cement strip between the first and second floor is where the terrace used to be. The window on the left was where the doorway to the terrace was, but obviously it was replaced with a window. I was still living there when the landlord had the terrace demolished. I never heard the reason why he did it, but my best guess is that he did it for safety reasons. The terrace was made of cement, and the posts supporting it was made of wood, which was rotting away. I assume that he thought it was cheaper to have the terrace removed than to have the support posts replaced.

Under the support posts was a low brick wall (kind of like the one right next door dividing the two porches), now replaced by that metal fence on the front porch. When we moved out, the terrace was gone, but the low brick wall was still there.

It also STILL has the same old wooden doors in the entranceway (I heard someone once claim that those doors were around 100 years old. I kind of doubt that, but they sure did look it)

Is that or isnt that a brownstone? And if it isnt a brownstone, then what the hell kind of building can it be called? Or are you going, “I’ll be damned. A brownstone on East 12 street!”

Here’s another small part of the neighborhood, the corner of East 12th street and Quentin road. It’s now a dance studio, but it used to be, IIRC, a nightclub/disco.

I used to play handball against its wall on the East 12 street side. Even the graffiti looks familiar. (could it be that they never cleaned up the graffiti after 30 years?)

This location, east 12 street between Quentin and Kings Highway, of the EB Games store, used to be a Mens clothing store (I do not recall the name of it):

In the old clothing store, John Travolta made a personal appearance, either that or he was just shopping for clothes. This was around the time when his tv series Welcome Back Kotter was still on the air. I do not recall if this was before, during, or after his movie Saturday Night Fever came out. In any case, despite his superstar status, never having watched Welcome Back Kotter, I really didnt know or care who he was, but the rest of the neighborhood seemed to be intrigued. The front of the store was mobbed. People were even climbing up on the traffic light to get a better look into the store.

Parked across the street on 12th near the corner of Quentin, right across from the nightclub, was a fancy white Cadillac (I THINK it was a Cadillac, a Cadillac El Dorado). I was told that this was John Travolta’s car, but strangely, no one really bothered to come near it even though it wasnt guarded. Being a poor neighborhood, this kind of fancy car was never seen before parked on our street that I can recall. It was a convertible, the top was down, and in the front passenger seat was a large pink panther doll wearing big giant sunglasses. Attached to the trunk of the car were various cartoon character magnets. Bugs Bunny, Yosemite Sam, Daffy Duck, etc. One of the kids in the neighborhood dared me to steal some of the magnets. But I didnt have the guts. Imagine what those magnets would get on ebay these days? “Magnets stolen from John Travolta’s car 30 something years ago!”.

Months afterward, every so often when I would pass by the front entrance of the clothing store, I would look in and see an autographed photo of John Travolta hanging inside.

The neighborhood on East 12 street hasn’t changed much over the years.

Lastly, the school I went to from 2nd to 5th grade, PS 238:

Those two photos show the East 9th side. I know that the front entrance is on East 8th, but alot of us kids entered and exited the building on the East 9th side. In all the years I went to that school, I hardly recall entering or leaving the building through the East 8th side. So my memories are basically on the East 9th side.

Broadwaychris
Broadwaychris on November 30, 2008 at 7:59 am

bmovies seems to have status issues, that aside, it wasn’t a ‘very poor’ neighborhood and there aren’t any brownstones on 12th St or in the general vicinity. I guess it’s a matter of perception.

bmovies
bmovies on November 26, 2008 at 6:54 pm

Yeah, ALOT of the old movie theaters in Brooklyn have long since closed. The Midwood is closed, The Nostrand is closed, the Marboro, the Kingsway, etc., etc.

However, according to this website, the Kent (on Coney Island Avenue, near the corner of Avenue H) is still open. Apparently its known for showing Woody Allen films. I saw the Woody Allen film “Zelig” there somewhere around the early 80s, among a couple other films. When I went there, it seemed to be run by a family. The Kent looked kind of run down and didnt seem to sell many tickets. And the location of the theater didnt seem to be a good one. So at the time I thought it wouldnt be long before the Kent went out of business. Shows what I know, as the Kent has so far outlasted the Midwood and the Kingsway, among many other theaters.

EcRocker
EcRocker on November 26, 2008 at 3:54 pm

As of right now other then the movies at Sheepshead bay and Kings Plaza I would have no idea where one would go to see a movie in Brooklyn Although I have read that the Ridgewood is open again but only on weekends. It was one of those places where you don’t know if it is in Brooklyn or Queens on Myrtle Avenue.

bmovies
bmovies on November 26, 2008 at 12:26 pm

East Coast Rocker, this picture was posted back on 2006:

Apparently it’s a Walgreens on the first floor and on the second floor is Touro College. Doing a google search confirms that both the Walgreens and Touro college are still there now in 2008.

I’ve also done a street view on google maps. I lived only a couple blocks away (on East 12 street) from the Kingsway. My family moved into the neighborhood in 1975. We moved away in Feb. 1981 when I was just 12 years old. Damn, but its nice to look at my old neighborhood, and see what it looks like today. Brings back alot of nostalgic memories. My old apartment (a two family apartment house brownstone) is still there, and hardly changed. A few cosmetic changes were made. For example, a metal fence has replaced a low brick wall. The tree and rose bushes on the front lawn has been removed. Other than that, its still the same. The houses on either side has also not changed. Though, I wonder if my old place still has masses of cockroaches and a couple of mice still infesting the place.

It was always a very poor area, so its no wonder that very few, if any, cosmetic changes were made over the years. I guess the residents and property owners cant afford to make real changes to their places on that street.

The neighborhood I eventually moved away to, was a little more upper class. People in my new neighborhood had money. They owned their own homes, either owned their own businesses, or were very high up on the ladder for the businesses they worked for. I lived there for almost 15 years before moving away again to a new place. Looking at that old neighborhood of mine, that one has changed ALOT since I moved. I hardly recognize the old place I once lived in as well as the houses on either side, not to mention the rest of the neighborhood! :–) There, the residents have the money to completely renovate their homes inside and out.

EcRocker
EcRocker on November 22, 2008 at 12:35 pm

I remember seeing some movies Kingsway pre and post multiplexing. One of the things that used to happen back in the 60’s were some of the local High School graduation commencments. Does anyone have any recent pictures of what it looks like now?

bmovies
bmovies on November 22, 2008 at 12:10 pm

OverCertified wrote on Jan 16, 2006: “Then, crazy eddie moved into the Coney Island Avenue location, which most people belived (incorrectly) to be the first store – which was directly across the street from the theater”

I remember that store. I remember when they first opened that store on coney Island avenue. I couldnt have cared less about the grand opening, but my mother heard that they were giving away free stuff (caps, t shirts, etc), so she sent me to grab what I could. A guy was standing on top of a van, with boxes of the freebies, encouraging the enormous crowd to yell “CRAZY EDDIE! CRAZY EDDIE!”, after which he would throw some stuff to the crowd. Me, being a little kid, couldnt get anything because I was surrounded by fully grown adults who were much taller than me and managed to grab everything in mid air, long before they could get anywhere within reach of my hands. I came home empty handed.

I also remember the Kingsway. From 1975-1981, I lived only a couple blocks away. I remember seeing a Pink Panther movie (cant recall which one) there and in the lobby they were selling plastic pink panther dolls, which my father bought one for me and one for my sister. I also recall seeing the Goldie Hawn movie Private Benjamin there. And “Who is killing the great chefs of Europe”, and, after I had moved away, seeing Purple Rain there ( a couple of female teens were harassing me, so I moved up to the balcony to get away from them). I also recall one time, when the movie let out from upstairs, one guy came out of the crowd coming down the stairs, and promptly ran to sneak in to see one of the other movies that was playing downstairs (Kramer vs. Kramer)

One time, I went with a friend to see a movie there (cant recall what movie we wanted to see) which was playing in one of the theaters upstairs, and the old lady usherette refused to allow us and the other theater patrons to go up. She made us all wait in the lobby for a while. I cant recall the reason why. Was it filled to capacity upstairs? Was the first showing not yet over? In any case, me and my friend passed the time waiting to be allowed upstairs by occasionally glancing through the glass window in the door that led to another theater where a movie was being shown.

We didnt stand there with our noses pressed up against the glass, and watched the movie in its entirety. No, all we did was give an occasional glance from where we stood. A second here, a second there. And my friend bought himself a tub of popcorn from the conecession stand

Finally the usherette let the crowd go upstairs, except for my friend and I. She stopped us, and told us that we had already watched a movie, and insisted that we now leave the theater. She kicked us out. No refund either. My friend and I went to my house, and my mother saw that we were home too early and asked what happened. I told her the whole thing, and she led us back to the theater where she spoke to the manager who promptly let us back in to see the movie we paid to see.

ghosting
ghosting on September 13, 2008 at 10:26 am

Me and a friend got thrown out of the Kingsway Theatre while watching a showing of “King of the Khyber rifles” starring Tyrone power and Terry Moore. We were a couple of seven-year-olds and we did throw popcorn at the screen.

Luckily, a man came up to us outside the theater and got us new tickets.He said he was sitting nearby us and didn’t think we did anything so terrible.

The Kingsway was truly a magnificent theater. Inside the theater, was like being in a magical land.

Okay, so how did two 7-year-olds get into the Kingsway in the first place? Well, never underestimate a couple of kids from Brooklyn; one a New York Giants fan,and the other a Brooklyn dodger.

Elena1
Elena1 on August 19, 2008 at 1:13 pm

What a shame this one closed. The sheer size of some of the houses in brooklyn was magnificent. At least it wasnt demolished totally or sit rotting like the Poor Kings. My memory was going to see i think it was born on the 4th of july? and we couldnt all agree on what to see and one guy said lets see it there and we couldnt figure out why he wanted to go here when there were other theatres closer & better time and parking. We go in and we sit down and my friend says ill sit on the end, then he goes im going to get popcorn before the movie starts. We never saw him again till almost the end of the movie. He snuck into one of the other movies to see kickboxer. that was his plan all along. we laughed at that for years. so cool that you could go see like 5 movies if you were slick.

DeskGuy
DeskGuy on July 28, 2008 at 5:59 pm

Sonny- Thanks for confirming that Crawfords did sell records in the 1970’s. At least I now know that I’m not crazy (or am I?).

Thanks!

Louella
Louella on July 24, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Crawford’s was a men’s clothing chain throughout the NY Metropolitan area. They had a store on the corner of Kings Highway & East 14th St. Right after WW2, when things got better, the building was totally remodeled and enlarged. Crawford Clothes had the corner store. I was fascinated by the balcony inside and always wanted to go up there but I never did as my dad didn’t buy there. The 2nd store from the corner was Raphan’s Carpets. The Crawford’s remodel was very high end. When the store went out of business, the new store used the Crawford name because the neon sign outside was large, expensive and almost new. Of course the type of stuff sold in the store changed completely. I grew up on East 7th & Quentin.
Karl B.

sausterlitz
sausterlitz on July 24, 2008 at 12:16 pm

Crawfords did sell records in the 1960s-70s as well as housewares and eventually electronics by “Crazy Eddie” before he became known as Crazy Eddie on Kings Highway between Coney Island Avenue & E. 12th St. Directly across Kings Highway from Crawfords there was a sporting goods store that also sold records called Byhoffs.

NanRomeu
NanRomeu on July 9, 2008 at 5:31 pm

I was about 14 at the time you mentioned and remember shopping at Crawfords. Could have sworn it was a houseware type store — I remember they had curtains, linens, pots and pans, etc.

DeskGuy
DeskGuy on June 17, 2008 at 9:46 pm

I grew up in that area in the early 1980’s, attended PS 238 and saw countless movies at the Kingsway, a theater which I loved. Among the movies I attended at that theater were Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Rambo, Ghostbusters, Superman II and many others, including such “classics” as Blood Beach and Seems Like Old Times. I recall seeing Staying Alive (with John Travolta) in the rear, separate theater with my day camp during a rainy day.

My friends and I had a great time at the Kingsway because although we were significantly under the minimum age, it was quite easy to “sneak” (I use that term loosely) into a rated R movie.

Yes, now that I think back, I recall the staircase located on each side of the theater and the concession stand on each floor. I remember the bathrooms on opposite sides of the second floor as well. And, I vaguely recall the mural that was previously discussed in this forum. I think there were also arcade games at the entrance, if I remember correctly.

If I’m not mistaken, I recall the separate theater in the rear with a mural as well. I’m not sure. I do recall some paintings on the exterior wall by the fire escape, I think.

It would be great if someone can post some photos of the interior.

An earlier poster also referenced Crawford’s which was a few blocks down along Kings Highway. I know this is not the appropriate forum for this kind of question, but I don’t know where else to go. If I remember correctly, I could have sworn that when I was little kid (in 1977/78, I was 5/6 years old) I had purchased records from Crawfords (no, not Music Factory across the street). Can someone confirm that Crawfords sold records at one time? I recall buying several there, including the themes to Star Wars and Close Encounters, and Lookin' for Love by Johnny Lee.

Broadwaychris
Broadwaychris on May 25, 2008 at 4:10 am

What a thrill it was to go down this road.
Like BdwyPhil, I too worked there in the late 70’s, early 80’s as an usher, I ‘barked’, was ‘head usher’ and had the time of my life there. Someone who commented about seeing “old costumes” from the backstage area being tossed into dumpsters is talking out of their tukkus- there were no ‘old costumes’ anywhere in that theatre- I was there through two renovations and personally combed every inch of that theatre from backstage to the projection booth. A shame was the loss of the Western Electric 300B tube amplifiers and remote controlled pipe organ that we actually got to work and drunkenly played after closing at night.
It had drums, cymbals and brass pieces throughout the auditorium. We had so much fun there, I wouldn’t even know where to begin to share the many stories. We worked at The Avalon, The Walker, The Brook, The Midwood, The Duffield (downtown)– nothing but good times. Like the world itself, the charm, the beauty, the history and fun just sort of evaporate. The Kingsway was a great place to grow up.

Piert1025
Piert1025 on July 8, 2007 at 10:46 pm

I grew up in this neighborhood and it was my childhood theater. I admit that I miss the Kingsway. I used to go to the movies a lot more when this theater was opened. Now, we are forced to go to the UA in Sheepshead Bay with all the pre-slutty tweens and slutty teenagers. I believe the last movie I saw at the Kingsway was Titanic. I can remember that we went on a class trip from PS 238 (2 blocks away) to see Schindler’s List. When I got older, I can remember sneaking smokes in the back of all 5 theaters. Ushers would always come by to try to bust me and my friends but the theaters were so big, that we never got caught!

vedder611
vedder611 on October 12, 2006 at 4:05 am

yea that picture of the redone kingsway building is tough to look at….in the late 80s and early 90s this theatre was admittedly a bit scary but in the best kinda scary old movie theatre kinda way…it had the fire escape type exit up high on the side of the building whcih was always the most fun way to exit, it had the cool old chandeliers, and with that extra theatre on the side you sometimes had to buy your concessions in the front lobby and then go back outside and walk down the street to get into that part of the theatre…big fun on a stormy night carrying your big bucket of popcorn down that block in the rain or snow

bdwyphil
bdwyphil on August 8, 2006 at 3:47 pm

An article in the Hollywood trade papers sparked my memory of the Kingsway. I worked as an usher between 1956-58. It was my first movie industry job. We had lockers and changing rooms in the old vaudville dressing rooms. We wore uniforms of maroon and blue with gold trim, bow ties, plastic collars and shirt fronts. On Friday and Saturday nights, I was assigned to the front of the theatre to “bark”. I would announce in my strongest voice to all of Kings Highway and Coney Island Avenue, the time of the next show and what seats remained available. In the winter, I would wear this incredible navy blue wool cape. It was the time of “Roadshow Engagements”. I would be working the balcony and loge during a matinee performance of “Guys and Dolls”, learning the lyrics and if the house was fairly empty, singing and dancing along. I haven’t been back to the neighborhood for over Fifteen years and felt a twinge of sadness and nostalgia to learn that the old house was gone and with it some of my personal history.
bdwyphil

longislandmovies
longislandmovies on July 16, 2006 at 5:08 pm

Garth was always good to me but i could see that crazy mind working all the time.

lennytone
lennytone on July 16, 2006 at 5:01 pm

My favorite memory of the Kingsway (1960’s) was actually the Chinese restaurant next door and their great dish Shrimp Har Kew!