AMC Santa Monica 7

1310 Third Street,
Santa Monica, CA 90401

DonSolosan
DonSolosan on August 29, 2009 at 2:30 am

I think Bloomingdale’s and Nordstom’s are scheduled to move into those places.

BradE41
BradE41 on August 29, 2009 at 1:33 am

Aren’t there 2 empty Department Store spaces at Santa Monica Place? They could build a large Multiplex in one of those space. AMC did that in Woodland Hills.

DonSolosan
DonSolosan on August 29, 2009 at 12:05 am

To do that, Chris, they would probably have to tear down that apartment building behind it, or some of the stores next door. Considering how small some of the upstairs theaters are, I’d hate to see what they’d have to do to squeeze in 14 screens!

They are talking about knocking down the parking structure behind the Criterion and building a larger “entertainment” complex back there, connected somehow to the Promenade. I don’t know if that would involve destroying the recently renovated Criterion or not.

Chris Utley
Chris Utley on August 28, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Every time I’ve gone here, I’ve seen movies in the downstairs auditoriums. They used to be nice but upon my last visit in 2007, wear and tear has really gotten to the place. It’s time for AMC to bid this one farewell and build a 14 screener in its place.

BradE41
BradE41 on June 5, 2009 at 5:44 am

I have always thought the AMC SM 7 were hideous. It has been probably 10 years since I went to these theatres, and they were bad then. Now, I only could imagine.

DonSolosan
DonSolosan on June 5, 2009 at 2:18 am

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a movie here, but I went today to see “Up” which was showing in auditorium 1, the large one downstairs. Much to my surprise, the screen was filthy. The lower 1/3 looked like multiple people had thrown their drinks on it. The splotches were noticeable at various points during the movie. Needless to say, I won’t be hurrying back there any time soon.

The Bayside Business District is wondering why attendance is off in Santa Monica. They think they need to tear down a parking structure to build a new cinema. Maybe they should pay a little attention to the ones they have…

KJB2012
KJB2012 on August 13, 2007 at 6:39 pm

This cinema complex seats 2,100. It is the largest of the new cinemas built in Santa Monica.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on July 28, 2007 at 8:15 pm

Hollywood, your photos are not posting for some reason. I noticed that on a few other pages as well. Here are a couple of photos from last week:

jmarellano
jmarellano on July 21, 2007 at 8:55 pm

The AMC Santa Monica 7 is three levels. 2 large theatres in the basement, two large on the ground floor and three small in the upstairs.