Dale Mabry Drive-In

Dale Mabry Highway at Gandy Boulevard,
Tampa, FL 33611

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Mike it was the Amish they only watch movies at the drive-in not at home.Not kidding!!!!!!!!Thats what the site said I will I could remember which one.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 6, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Hey Guys, I just posted photos of the Auto Park, Floriland, Fun-Lan and Hillsboro Drive-Ins. Also, the Florida, Garden, Palace and Ritz Theatres. Check ‘em out!

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 5, 2010 at 1:03 pm

It had to be in Pennsylvania or Ohio,but i didn’t think the Amish watched movies. Are either you are kidding again.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 5, 2010 at 6:48 am

O.K. Mike no more jokes about motorcycles or boats or planes or trains or horse and buggys at a drive-in.Lets get serious here.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 5, 2010 at 6:38 am

Mike I saw a site yesterday about a drive-in,cannot remember the name but the had hitches for horse and buggys,no joke!!!I wish I could remember so that you could look it up.Dont know how many they could hold though.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 4, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Nick, read what wrote on COMMERCE DRIVE-in. I was just looking for pictures of it,saw a bunch of you and CHarlie at that big Autograph show inL.A.. I sent you some i know.years ago. It was screwed up like The Fun-Lan Drive in in Tampa.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 4, 2010 at 6:49 pm

TLSLOEWS drives me crazy with those questions. He asked about how many motorcyles would fit in a DRive-in. I guess one could figure It out,But WHO CARES!

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 4, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Mike, Those photos were already posted online so I just provided a link to them which was easier than I thought. But I still haven’t figured out how to post photos that I actually have. Not sure but I think you have to use a scanner. I need to check more into this.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 4, 2010 at 6:35 pm

Hey tisloews,thanks for checking the links! Now I can search online for photos of other area theatres & get ‘em up on CT. Hey Mike, what’s your bet on this lot holding 736 boats?

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 4, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Nick, now that i know YOU can do this maybe i will send some pictures for you to put on CT for me. Give Robin a break. You have some of BELMONT DRIVE IN, KINGS MTN DRIVE IN, and DIANE 29 DRIVE IN{ you and me snooping in the old booth and concession stand.}

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 4, 2010 at 6:26 pm

TSLLOEWS.we gotta get you out of TENN. Of course there is water nearby. He lives in FLORDIA. LOL.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 3, 2010 at 4:53 pm

Yhea Nick these posts work,good job Ask Mike how many boats this drive-in would hold?The landing strip is great now if there were only a lake or river by it.

Nunzienick
Nunzienick on March 3, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Thanks guys. Your comments are appreciated! I found 3 photos of the Dale Mabry Drive-In online. I’ll post the links below but since I’ve never done this before I’m not sure they’ll work.

Here are two aerial views of the Dale Mabry taken in 1950. The first photo is a better view of the landing strip to the left of the lot. Notice the aircraft sitting near bottom of strip.

This photo below was taken after the drive-in was demolished shows the ramps to the crosstown expressway on the property. The apartments below the ramps is where the drive-n was located.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 3, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Can you believe Nick. I thought i did pretty good intros,but this beats anything I have read lately,And Nick, Helps me often with my theatres. Had he worked in business as long as you and i we would be reading “WAR and PEACE”. LOL

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on March 3, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Longest into for a drive-in I have ever seen.Interesting thought.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on March 3, 2010 at 12:09 pm

Nick, Fantastic.How do you do it ? It was well worth the wait and of course,i,along with others are waiting for you next theatre project story.