Ridgewood Theatre

55-27 Myrtle Avenue,
Ridgewood, NY 11385

Showing 26 - 50 of 3,040 comments

PeterKoch on May 13, 2013 at 4:42 am

Thanks, Tinseltoes. I’ll believe rumors when I see something done with the Ridgewood Theatre.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on May 12, 2013 at 3:50 am

Once again, rumors are circulating: qchron

PeterKoch on March 22, 2013 at 11:12 am

I walked by the Ridgewood Theatre this morning. No change since I last walked by it a year ago (March 23 2012).

THE BUSHWICK TWIN-S is still on the western face of the marquee, facing Madison Street.

There is now something about C-PEX on the southern face of the marquee, facing Myrtle Avenue. There was an area code 718 phone number, and four names I did not copy down.

Michael Perlman probably has additional information on the current status of the Ridgewood Theatre.

PeterKoch on October 1, 2012 at 4:32 am

The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY reopened 4 weeks ago on Monday September 4th with Bob Dylan. Dylan is to perform later this year at the Barclay Center in downtown Bklyn only a few miles west southwest of the Ridgewood Theatre. It would be great if the Ridgewood Theatre reopened with Bob Dylan as wll.

PeterKoch on October 1, 2012 at 4:28 am

What’s the “wild goose chase”, Tinseltoes ? Thanks for the link.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on September 30, 2012 at 4:08 am

Here we go again on a wild goose chase: timesledger

PeterKoch on August 30, 2012 at 7:10 am

I’m reminded of the TV show “The King Of Queens”, and the Eddie Murphy film, “Coming To America”, in which Murphy plays an African prince looking for a queen in Queens, NYC, NY.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 29, 2012 at 8:09 am

This is an activated link to RobertR’s post above of 6/19/12: curbed

robboehm
robboehm on August 29, 2012 at 7:51 am

At one time there was major confusion on CT about the listings for theatres in the Borough of Queens. Some showed the community name, some had the community and Queens, so just showed Queens. Queens is unique, along with Staten Island (Borough of Richmond), where there are distinct community identies rather than “sections”. At my request these Queens entries on CT were listed, uniformly, under their community, post office, identities. Accordingly, only the Queens and Community Theatres in Queens Village would be accessed by inputting “Queens”, excepting, of course, other locations in the world such as Queensland, Australia.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 29, 2012 at 4:21 am

Ridgewood is IN Queens, which is a very large borough. Using the neighborhood names makes the theatres easier to locate. Loew’s Valencia, for example, was in Queens, but more specifically in Jamaica.

Nicholas Vargelis
Nicholas Vargelis on August 29, 2012 at 3:54 am

This theater is in Queens, NOT Ridgewood !

RobertR
RobertR on June 19, 2012 at 10:30 am

Some pics when it was open http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/07/02/landmark_ridgewood_theater_back_on_the_market_for_cheap.php#ridgewood-theater-5

PeterKoch on May 21, 2012 at 4:12 am

Good photo, Tinseltoes. Thanks. I would attempt to date it if I could get it large enough to read the movie titles on the marquee.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on May 20, 2012 at 10:54 am

Here’s a 1980s tax photo with “5 PLEX” on the front of the marquee: lunaimaging

PeterKoch on May 8, 2012 at 5:25 am

You’re welcome, Brad. My pleasure.

I will consider it.

Brad Smith
Brad Smith on May 8, 2012 at 4:56 am

Thanks for the good words Peter. Send me your e-mail address at and I’ll send you a link to a file that will allow you to make a print for your wall at just about any size you want.

PeterKoch on May 8, 2012 at 4:01 am

GREAT photo !!!!!

I’m going to print it, and stick it on my wall at work.

PeterKoch on May 8, 2012 at 3:59 am

Thanks Brad, and welcome to Cinema Treasures.

Brad Smith
Brad Smith on May 5, 2012 at 8:51 am

Click here for an exterior view of the Fox’s Ridgewood Theatre in 1929.

PeterKoch on March 26, 2012 at 4:17 am

You’re most welcome to my comments, John. Yes, indeed, let’s see. Yes, I am doing well, thank you, albeit crazy busy off the hook, and hope you are too.

johndereszewski
johndereszewski on March 23, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Thanks for your comments Peter – and great to hear from you …… My guess is that the grand supermarket proposal has gone up in smoke and that the current owner is trying to make something out of his investment …..Let’s see what will happen – and hope to see you are doing well!!

PeterKoch on March 23, 2012 at 9:48 am

I walked by the Ridgewood Theatre this morning at 10 a.m. on my way to RSB. I didn’t cross the street to peer through the gates but took notes on the marquee.

The western face still reads :

THE BUSHWICK
TWIN – S

The small southern face. parallel to Myrtle Avenue, reads :

RETAIL FOR LEASE Erin Grace, CCIM
40,000 SF 212 710 5257
DIVISIBLE Christa Minogue
SRS 212 710 5247

The eastern face of the marquee is blank.

No change since I was last there August 4 2011.

On a happier note, Rudy’s Konditorei Bake Shop at 905 Seneca Avenue (northeast side, between Catalpa and Myrtle Avenues, next door to Ridgewood Eats, formerly the Bank Restaurant) has reopened after a ten-day renovation and is back in business as usual, selling cakes and cookies from cases and counters in the front, with a cafe area in the back with tables and chairs where you can sit sipping cappucino.

PeterKoch on February 17, 2012 at 4:59 am

Yes I am Bway, thank you. It’s good to ‘hear’ from you too.

I may soon return to Bushwick Buddies as well.

Bway
Bway on February 16, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Well, I hope you are feeling better Peter. Good to hear from you.

PeterKoch on February 13, 2012 at 9:07 am

I’ve been away, anxious and depressed for personal reasons that I won’t go into here.

But now I’m back, starting to feel free to enjoy life again, and part of that is returning to Cinema Treasures.

I expect to be walking by the Ridgewood Theatre again before the month is out, and, once I have done so, I will post my usual report here.

I don’t expect to see much of a change since my last visit on Thursday August 4 2011.