AMC Neshaminy 24 Theatres

660 Neshaminy Mall,
Bensalem, PA 19020

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on August 16, 2008 at 8:39 pm

Also, now the seat count for theatre #1 is 529 seats.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 15, 2008 at 11:13 pm

The first 2 shows in Digitial IMAX were: Space Station 3D (@ 10:30 AM), and Kung Fu Panda (@ 12:15 PM).

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on August 14, 2008 at 5:32 pm

Yeah tomorrow is the debut of IMAX at neshaminy!

seip719
seip719 on August 10, 2008 at 10:51 am

The official opening to the public is the 15th of august. And trust me i have personally seen the new screen and speaker system and they are HUGE there are catwalks behind the screen now to allow for servicing the new IN SCREEN speakers and there are speakers suspended above the stairs to the seats. I know this information because i Work there and have seen the project from start to the now finished project all that is left to be done is testing the new equipment and cleaning up.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on August 5, 2008 at 1:18 pm

In about 2 to 3 weeks, the Digital IMAX Theatre at AMC Neshaminy 24 will be open.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on July 22, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Yesterday started the conversion of Theatre #1 from a 35mm Theatre to a Digital IMAX Theatre. Today, the existing screen was totally ripped out, and the existing speakers were removed.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on July 21, 2008 at 9:56 pm

All the shows past 7pm of Dark Knight sold out tonight, and its monday!, there was a 10:50pm, and we had to add a 11pm since it was in a 207 seat theatre, but not theatre #1, as it is now closed to get converted to imax.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on July 21, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Almost every showing of “The Dark Knight” was sold out this weekend, including the sync showing of the 8:30PM show in Aud #1 (The future IMAX Theatre) and Aud #24, both on Friday and Saturday.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on July 20, 2008 at 10:15 pm

Actually, it is indeed #1, as the guy has a picture of his ticket, staing so.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on July 20, 2008 at 10:14 pm

^ Yes, it looks to be either #1 or #24.
You see the non-stadium rows, basically all of them, except for the one closest to the stadium seating (for handicap seating purposes) will be removed, when they convert it to an imax theatre.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on July 19, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Auditorium photo apparently taken today

Is that one of the two largest auditoriums?

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on July 17, 2008 at 8:18 pm

It will be Auditorium #1 that will be converted to Digital IMAX at the soon to be renamed AMC Neshaminy 24 with IMAX Theatre.

Also, “The Dark Knight” midnight showing opens on 10 screens, short of the 16 that “Star Wars Episode III” opened on back in May 2005.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on July 2, 2008 at 5:46 pm

I’m hearing Kung Fu Panda will be the first movie shown in IMAX when it is converted.

Michael R. Rambo Jr.
Michael R. Rambo Jr. on April 22, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Right now, it’s either gonna be Aud #1 or Aud #24 that will get the Digital IMAX installed. Not sure yet which one of the 2 will get it. Both Audutoriums currently seats 617

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on December 7, 2007 at 7:15 pm

One of 100 theaters to show films in IMAX 3D come summer 2008 as part of deal between AMC and Imax.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on August 29, 2007 at 9:48 pm

Ooops! Freudian slip there! I meant to say Jim Rankin! So far as I know, Howard B. Haas is still alive and well meantime. Again my apologies!

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on August 29, 2007 at 9:44 pm

Great points, Vince! And ultimately it does come down to the customer being the ultimate judge. The hell with that supply side economics business. Which ultimately had been just a big load of crap anyhow. And if Howard B. Haas was still around today I think he’d be first in line to agree with us, God rest his soul!

veyoung52
veyoung52 on August 29, 2007 at 3:38 am

Sure, ante up for admission and transportation costs, and assure unlimited access to each auditorium running both flat and scope. Would be even better if you could provide the SMPTE test reel for a.r.’s for absolutely exact measurements, though I could get by with a simple “aspect ratio finder.” Wouldn’t need a sound pressure level meter, though. These ears haven’t begun to fail yet. OTOH, I’ve already “reviewed” most of the sites on these pages where I’ve visited although not in any official capacity, simply as a paying audience member who resents being hoodwinked by an ignorant theatre management and bamboozled by even more ignorant city magazine reviewers who apparently have too much tofu in their ears and eyes.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 28, 2007 at 8:04 am

Vince, I would look forward to reading your own movie theater reviews on these pages! We shouldn’t expect local magazines to be as expert as you are!

veyoung52
veyoung52 on August 28, 2007 at 6:05 am

Why is it that nobody wants to cut to the heart of the matter when it comes to evaluating theatres? Aspect ratio? Screen illumination? Sound level and balance? These are the items that the recently departed Oscar-awarded John Pytlak wrote endlessly about from his Kodak offices and embodied in his motto “film done right."
Anybody can have digital surround sound A-chain equipment. I do in my living room…doesn’t necessarily make my living room an excellent theatre.
Why not point out the number of auditoria with common-width screen masking. I, for one, will demand of management that if it and its architects decide to willy-nilly chop off 10 to 15% of the screen image, that they also chop off 10 to 15% of the admission price…and the concession prices. Else, they will have 0% of my $upport.

TheaterBuff1
TheaterBuff1 on August 28, 2007 at 12:23 am

How would you evaluate them right now, Eddie, since you seem to be well familiar with both? Also, it would be great if you could add to this evaluation UA Grant Plaza Cinema 9 and Franklin Mills 14, if you’re well up on those, too. For I see no good reason why Philadelphia Magazine should have the ultimate say on this.

Eddiej1984
Eddiej1984 on August 27, 2007 at 10:37 am

Yea, a new evalution of the theatres would be interesting to see.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on August 27, 2007 at 4:15 am

Eddie, in regard to these two theaters, you may be correct. This one continues to be very well patronized, much better per seat than the Orleans. I’ve not heard of any other in the Philly area with a 590 seat auditorium and 61 feet wide screen, and this one has two such auditoriums!

However, the magazine’s evaluation of many other theaters (and I posted most) seems to have been on point. Of course, it may be time for a new evaluation by the magazine especially since some theaters like the Bridge and UA King of Prussia weren’t then open, others have changed hands, etc.

ScottWeinberg
ScottWeinberg on August 27, 2007 at 4:14 am

I live pretty much right in between the Orleans and the Neshaminy, and there’s absolutely no comparison. One is among the very best in modern multiplexes and the other is a sad old shell of its former self. I grew up LOVING the Orleans — but I haven’t been back there in at least two years. That part of NE Philly could really use a good theater. I’d love to see AMC use do a big-time upgrade on that spot.