Castle Theatre

209 E. Washington Street,
Bloomington, IL 61704

Patsy
Patsy on April 3, 2005 at 4:02 pm

Chuck Parker: I can’t seem to bring up thecastletheater.com as I’d love to see the restoration photos!

Patsy
Patsy on December 22, 2004 at 12:20 pm

William: If you have information about the Irving and your experience as an usher, please add it to the list under Add a Theatre…it’s easy.

Patsy
Patsy on December 22, 2004 at 12:18 pm

Ben: Congratuations upon the purchase of this theatre. It’s too bad that the Corvette meet, Bloomington Gold doesn’t meet in Bloomington anymore as your theatre would have been a great night out for the Corvette owners! I see you are showing Polar Express and Ray…both great movies, but we recently saw Polar Express in 3D and, in my opinion, that is the ONLY way to see THAT movie!

sdoerr
sdoerr on January 23, 2004 at 7:13 pm

They need something like that here in Detroit, it would be a hit!

sdoerr
sdoerr on December 3, 2003 at 1:06 pm

What a grand theatre. it’s great that you are restoring it. Fomr the clips I rad and photos you are doing a great job, hats off to you.

unknown
unknown on November 1, 2003 at 6:21 pm

I was an asst Mgr of the Castle Years49-50 It was owned by Balaba Katz Public Great States Inc. I was pleased to hear the old theater is back in action. To bad the Irving didnt make it. I was an Usher at the irving. Chalmers Dean was The city Mgr.

ChuckParker
ChuckParker on November 4, 2002 at 2:40 pm

New website now running for this theater with updated photos on the restoration progress: http://www.thecastletheater.com/

djack
djack on December 20, 2001 at 8:16 am

Hey Ben, I don’t know if you remember me, but I went to High School with you. I now live in Texas and I’ve started a film production company. I wanted to know if the Castle theater would be finished anytime soon. We’re nearing completion of film and would like to set up a premiere in Bloomington. Let me know what you think and maybe we talk about it at a later date. Until then take care.

Dave Jackson

BenSlotky
BenSlotky on July 31, 2001 at 5:28 pm

I’m the new owner of the Castle Theater here in Bloomington. I’m just starting my renovation and I’d love to provide you with any information you’d like.