Loew's Paradise Theatre

Bronx, NY 10468

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on May 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

Here’s a 1940 exterior photo from the Municipal Archives: lunaimaging

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on April 20, 2012 at 10:19 am

The Paradise has added a seating plan to its UPDATED website. The venue also seems to be expanding its non-entertaiment facilities: paradisetheater

stang119
stang119 on April 2, 2012 at 5:48 am

OMG! I actually have a copy of this LIFE magazine! Thanks for the reminder.

Mike (saps)
Mike (saps) on April 1, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Link to Life Magazine, then scroll through to pages 57, etc. There are a lot of other interesting articles in this special nostalgia issue. (Just close the pop-up offer to join.)

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on April 1, 2012 at 7:09 am

“Kewpie,” I think that one needs to be a member of Memory Lane to view that. Also, a photo that you linked on the Loew’s Sheridan page.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 12, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Judging by the official website, I don’t think that the Paradise is being used as frequently as its owners would prefer. Did the venue known as the Supper Club ever open?

Astyanax
Astyanax on August 12, 2011 at 9:38 am

Since I don’t get into the Bronx often was curious how often this venue was in use.

MorganT
MorganT on May 10, 2011 at 3:44 pm

Hey Guys,

Im a student at Lehman College and i have to do an assignment on the paradise theater, i want to just ask a few questions about your experience with the theater.

You will be helping me out tremendously and we can communicate through email or whatever you feel comfortable with.

you can email me at
if you would like to participate and it will only take 2 minutes of your time

Lenox
Lenox on April 30, 2011 at 2:03 pm

In 1964 my then girlfriend Joan Clarke and I spent our very first date at this theatre .

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on August 11, 2010 at 11:15 am

Nice video link Tinseltoes Thanks.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 11, 2010 at 10:58 am

Here’s a link to a narrated slide show about the renovated Paradise: http://vimeo.com/8172360

stang119
stang119 on August 8, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Great photos. Now if only more events were scheduled there.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on August 8, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Boxing at the Paradise.Nice photos.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on June 27, 2010 at 9:59 am

This photo section includes several taken during a “boxing event”: View link

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on May 27, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Thanks MichealDJ,Iould like to see that.

Michael D. Jackson
Michael D. Jackson on May 27, 2010 at 5:32 pm

The TV show SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE had auditions in this theatre featured on the first episode of the 2010 season.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on April 27, 2010 at 11:22 am

Very nice photo Chuck.

TLSLOEWS
TLSLOEWS on April 22, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Very cool photos Brad Smith,from Terry Smith A.K.A. TLSLOEWS on C.T.

Brad Smith
Brad Smith on April 22, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Click on the year for photographs taken of Loew’s Paradise Theatre in 1930 and 1932 by George Mann of the comedy dance team, Barto & Mann.

rabbitlaz
rabbitlaz on March 14, 2010 at 9:25 am

I actually had tickets, to what was to be opening night on Friday. According to the guy at the box office, there was some kind of dispute between the performance group and the promoter (maybe money-related.) I had no problems getting a full refund.

johndereszewski
johndereszewski on March 14, 2010 at 7:50 am

Hope this does not prove to be too big of a set back for this wonderful theater.

Being a Brooklyn boy, I only made it to the Paradise on one occasion. It was during the mid-1970’s, when I was dating a women from Inwood and Fordham Road was still a lively place on a Saturday night. By that time, the Paradise had already been divided, and would probably close soon thereafter. While I do not at all remember the movie that we saw, I was definitely dazzled by the sheer opulence of the place, even in its less than pristine state. Since the film we saw was being screened in the theater situated in the balcony, we also had a birds eye view of the beautiful ceiling.

So I hope the Paradise will soon rebound from this setback, and I hope to make it back some day.

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on March 14, 2010 at 7:48 am

Perhaps advance ticket sales weren’t sufficient? There’s a different concert scheduled for March 27th. We might just have to wait and see if that goes on.

stang119
stang119 on March 14, 2010 at 5:27 am

Does anyone know why the show was cancelled?

beardbear31
beardbear31 on March 13, 2010 at 11:49 pm

and it looks like it won’t :(

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on February 14, 2010 at 9:46 am

Loew’s Paradise and its clock tower can be seen at the center of this vintage view of the Grand Concourse: View link