Showing 26 - 50 of 296 comments
The original theatre by W Scott Dunne was an atmospheric with 1040 seats and there are photos in Exhibitor’s Herald World 9 Jun 1928 Pages 13-16.
Theatre is scheduled to reopen on 14 January.
Theatre has been operating for some time now.
Fire occurred on 20 Nov 1969.
Architect was Theodore Wells Pietsch.
Theatre closed 26 Feb 1978 and was demolished in 1980.
Theatre opened 11 December 1926.
I found an opening date for this theatre of 25 Nov 1926 which coincides with the installation of the Wurlitzer organ.
Theatre opened 27 Nov 1928.
Theatre was remodelled by John Eberson in 1936.
Demolition of the building has commenced.
Theatre opened 29 Dec 1927.
Theatre opened 27 Nov 1929.
This theatre opened somewhere between 1914-18 and was remodelled as an atmospheric by architect Peter Hulsken in 1931.
Further research shows theatre appears to have opened in October 1927.Blueprints show the designer as W.H.Raapke and architect George L.Fisher.
Theatre opened in July 1936 and the Troy bank occupied the building from 1963.
The restoration of the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans is costing $52 Million.The area will benefit greatly with the theatre open.
Theatre opened on 28 August 1930.
It appears that the Alvin Strauss atmospheric version of the Court Theatre opnened 9 Dec 1928.
The register of historic places states this theatre opened on 17 Oct 1928 and the architects were,Wetherell and Harrison,from Des Moines.
Just found a local newspaper which states the theatre opened on 4 September 1931.
Opened in 1930 and closed about 1973.
Forgot to mention it originally had 1,000 seats and part of the description says the theatre was decorated in the style of a Moorish garden with miniature electric lights in the blue ceiling canopy giving the impression of a starry night sky.
Further investigation has resulted in discovering the building was erected in 1927 and was abandoned by the station in 1963 and the building was demolished in 1966.
The 5 May 1928 edition of Motion Picture News lists a Preston G Bradshaw as the original architect,which is also where the photos featured here are from.