Cinepolis Mansfield

1965 Route 57,
Hackettstown, NJ 07840

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 31, 2005 at 6:01 pm

They’re small compared to what is in the Regal cinema in Phillisburg (which I might add in the near future), which I hear has bigger screens and all of them have stadium seating.

John Fink
John Fink on May 31, 2005 at 5:57 pm

A 35MM projector costs about 75,000-100,000 to install, whereas I think digital is somewhere in the 200,000+ range. Doesn’t seem like this is in Clearview’s budget for their NJ operation, they don’t even have video projectors at the Clairige (which limits them from getting really indepenendent with what they show, even distributors like Wellspring will sometimes release a film theatrically via DVD). And those theatres are small in Mansfield.

In NJ digital projection can currently been seen at the Loews Jersey Gardens and Edgewater Multiplex in some of their larger theatres. I saw the new Star Wars at Edgewater Mutliplex, it looked amazing. A few Clearviews have it in New York (Ziegfeld and Chelsea), maybe soon we’ll get it in NJ, but I doubt that if Star Wars didn’t warrent it that any other film will for a while.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 31, 2005 at 5:44 pm

It’s too bad that unlike the company’s famous Ziegfeld Theatre, it doesn’t have digital projection, which is too bad. I saw the last harry potter movie and my parents sat near the big screen while I was at one of the stadium-style seats; my stepmom and dad thought it was too bright and blurry. Will digital projection come to this theatre?

John Fink
John Fink on May 31, 2005 at 4:48 pm

This was when the theatre first opened, this 15th screen- back when it looked like every Clearview (with a sort of pink and red kinda of look to it). The theater I belive was orginally a Jamesway (a sort of Wal Mart store).

There is a new snackbar down the right hallway that wasn’t there when the cinema first opened. Now the place has a sort of Regal Cinemas feel to it (Washingtown Township and Cinema 10 all have been remodled in this style as well with the colorfully tiled snack bars).

Its rare that Clearview builds a new theatre complex, ussually they aquire an existing cinema (thats how this chain was built, which explains why I think Northern NJ is deprived of megaplexes it should rightfully have). Even their “new” theatres rarely have Stadium Seating- such as the Caldwell Theatre (a closed cinema that became a retail site and then was reborn by Clearview). They all have that small town independently owned feel to them- except their multiplexes of coarse (like this and Cinema 10) which are pretty run of the mill.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 28, 2005 at 2:20 pm

THe last time I saw a movie in that theatre was Constantine, which was an OK movie. Why did they cut out the 15th screen? I don’t remember going to that auditorium.

John Fink
John Fink on May 28, 2005 at 12:09 pm

Weirdly I remember this theatre opened with 15 screens. Sometime in there they cut out one of the screens and updated the theatres with “stadium seating” – three or so rows contained true stadium style seating while the others in some theatres rose about half the distance of the others. Weirdly too, there are two diffrent style seats in this place.

It offers hot foods and is the largest Clearview Cinemas remodled to look more like a standard multiplex (it used to have that home town cinema feel that Clearviews all have in some way). This remodeling style can also been seen in the lobby of their Washingtown Township theatre.