AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mount Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 51 - 75 of 1,514 comments

moviebuff82 on September 23, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I might go see Metallica in Imax 3D this weekend if it’s not sold out…the reviews look good and the trailers are fantastic. How does the imax compare to the chinese?

moviebuff82 on September 15, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Saw Riddick in Imax 2d this morning…it was a good movie. The imax version had some scenes in which the screen was filled, especially during big scenes between Riddick and his foes. The surround sound mix was good, and the quality of the picture was decent given the low budget of this one. There was quite a few people at this theater given the steep box office decline from last weekend. The first Pitch Black I really enjoyed and the sequel kinda flopped on a big budget. The third one is doing quite well and will have legs overseas. The next movie I will see is Gravity in Imax 3D. I hear according to AMC’s facebook page that they might install ETX for Gravity 3D.

moviebuff82 on August 11, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Don’t forget the omnimax at lsc if you want in your face imax as well as naturemax in amnh for doc only movies. It might be the last film imax theater come 2014.

moviebuff82 on July 24, 2013 at 2:05 pm

as well as palisades center.

moviebuff82 on July 21, 2013 at 5:11 pm

For a true imax experience go to lincoln square.

NYer
NYer on July 21, 2013 at 5:04 pm

First time a few weeks ago. Saw flat “Star Trek” in the last theater next to the exit doors. The projection was clear, sound good and I had a fine time. No hesitation returning. Walked into the IMAX to check the screen. It didn’t seem any bigger worth paying premium for. Kudos to AMC, both doormen on duty were in motorized wheelchairs, nice to see.

moviebuff82 on June 30, 2013 at 4:43 am

Same here for world war z in 2d in theater 14. Also the amc first look was green hued which was annoying. The sound was good.

MGrennille
MGrennille on June 29, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Saw White House Down in Theater 6 this weekend…The lights didn’t fully dim until the movie started. Previews were seen at full light brightness (Extremely annoying). Hopefully this was a glitch.

moviebuff82 on June 20, 2013 at 11:28 am

Has anyone seen After Earth in 4k at this theater? If so, how was the picture quality? The only showtime left for tomorrow is 3 pm, which doesn’t bode well for this box office flop. It will find better life on 4k bluray lol. http://www.imdb.com/list/cTLrg_0aolM/?start=1&view=detail&sort=release_date_us:desc&defaults=1

hdtv267
hdtv267 on June 2, 2013 at 1:33 pm

without question, as I commented about a multiplex still using film in this day and age.

I find it hard to believe that a multiplex showing a wide release in IMAX 3D is hardly noteworthy or any of the comments on this multiplex, which is why I think the Facebook page is more the place for them.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on June 2, 2013 at 12:00 pm

good that they’ve got a facebook page, perhaps your comments are better suited for that, since that’s been the level of them. Hardly a historic/informational comment that you’ve seen a movie there.

if everyone posted up when they saw a movie at a particular theatre or had a bowel movement there in, this site would crash.

moviebuff82 on June 1, 2013 at 3:38 pm

even amc rockaway 16 has a facebook page…http://www.facebook.com/amcrockaway16. As for 4k movies playing, After Earth is playing at this theater. Has anyone seen it in 4k? The reviews for this movie are not good, although one reporter gave it three and a half stars. I’ll probably give this movie a chance if it’s still in theaters before superman flies back into theaters in less than two weeks….

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on June 1, 2013 at 3:25 pm

see this is still a hot site……

moviebuff82 on June 1, 2013 at 11:16 am

Just saw star trek into darkness in imax 3d and it was a blast. The 3d conversion was great and the surround sound was amazing.

moviebuff82 on May 17, 2013 at 10:46 am

Amc is working on it

MGrennille
MGrennille on May 16, 2013 at 4:19 pm

What are the odds of getting a Dolby Atmos ETX system installed here? I really don’t want to drive to Paramus. I hear amazing things about the sound difference though.

moviebuff82 on May 12, 2013 at 7:39 am

Yesterday afternoon I went to see Iron Man 3 in liemax 3d with my dad. Upon purchasing our tickets at the box office, we waited in line until the ushers gave the go ahead for us to come in. The last time I waited in line for a movie like this I think it was Avatar in reald 3d. One thing i noticed was during the last few seconds of the preshow they mentioned to put on our 3d glasses soon. When the imax projector began with the AMC policy trailer, a few seconds of sound were silent then it came on. Then a few 2d trailers and then the 3d first look, after that some 3d trailers and then the 3d movie. Movie looked pretty decent for a 3d conversion plus the sound mix is amazing. Make sure you stay after the credits for a surprise. BTW, Fandango was down last night. Must be due to Star Trek tickets now on sale.

moviebuff82 on May 10, 2013 at 3:58 am

yeah. I miss moviewatcher.

MGrennille
MGrennille on May 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I really wish AMC would let us redeem our AMC Stubs for tickets on Fandango. Wouldn’t you think they would rather take $10 off a ticket rather than the huge margin they make on food?!

hdtv267
hdtv267 on May 8, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Enjoy that giant soda! Another thing you can’t do in Manhattan!

moviebuff82 on May 8, 2013 at 1:45 pm

The bathrooms in this theater are very well cleaned. I love the drying machines. The popcorn with butter can be salty at times but i always have a giant soda with me just in case.

moviebuff82 on April 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm

It benefits the studios. Oblivion was awesome in imax. Preshow had no picture but sound.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on April 27, 2013 at 3:37 pm

a half cent price increase seems a bit strange. How does that work out really?

.50 cent?