Embassy Theater

3208 Fulton Street,
Brooklyn, NY 11208

rtrupia
rtrupia on April 15, 2008 at 12:28 pm

Muzer,
Sometimes I loose my breath just thinking about the old days and neighborhood.I lived there for only 8 years 65-73,but it left an impression I will have forever.
Troop 11207

rtrupia
rtrupia on April 15, 2008 at 11:19 am

Who’s planning a get together?

JoAnnLaForte
JoAnnLaForte on April 14, 2008 at 11:04 pm

patty are you related to John Sindone? Can’t figure out why that name is so familiar. I come from class of 1967 Blessed Sacrament and lived on Ridgewood & Norwood, hung out at cordes late 60s early 70s, also went many times to Embassy Theatre (saw “help” there – most notable memory) reconnected recent years with several dozen of my BSS classmates. also someone in here mentioned John Natoli, well he was the principal where i now work in 2000-2001 then retired. small world. also remember Judy from Cordes and the 2 brothers she worked with behind the counter.

enjoyed reading everyone’s stuff in here so i signed up.

JoAnn LaForte

robbiedupree
robbiedupree on February 23, 2008 at 2:23 am

troop- write me at

rtrupia
rtrupia on February 15, 2008 at 1:58 pm

robbie,do you remember Mr Winters across the Library on Arlington.I lived on Warwick St between Fulton and Arlington bet.65-73
11207

psindone
psindone on January 9, 2008 at 7:59 am

Sorry Jack, I’m a little younger than you. I graduated Delehanty in 1973. My brother graduated Lane in 1969. We lived on Logan Street between Ridgewood and Etna. Actually the block is still in pretty good shape. A few houses have added their own touch so to speak, but overall many are trying to keep their houses nice. It’s funny, when you go back to your old neighborhood and pass all the houses you only see your friends who lived there and not the new faces. I have recently heard from my old friend after 30 years thanks to these many websites. Isn’t technology great!
Patty…..

jacktomai
jacktomai on January 7, 2008 at 2:36 pm

To psindone:
I graduated from Delehanty HS in 1964 and my brother in law John Picini attended Lane 62-66. Do you know either one of us?
Jack

PKoch
PKoch on December 26, 2007 at 10:27 am

Thanks, herby, for your post. I hope to read more of you here.

123Herby
123Herby on December 22, 2007 at 12:10 am

Again, Previous message goes out to the President or CEO of Cinema Treasure. I am greatful and blessed to know that saps is not a President or CEO. Please continue to live here on planet earth and prosper. Who cares if you don’t believe. The message is not to you. If saps has become your distraction in responding, Cinema Treasure, thank you for you time. I have accomplish my dream, just seeking as much advice as possible.
Herby

PKoch
PKoch on December 17, 2007 at 11:09 am

Welcome, psindone. Thanks, Bluesman. Good to read you again, Muzer.

I’m glad to read more personal stuff here, of the type that brings people together.

Muzerof2
Muzerof2 on December 15, 2007 at 8:19 am

Hi Patty,

I don’t know if you remember me, I lived on Jamaica Avenue between Logan and Norwood. I wrote to you a couple of times on Classmates. I remember your Mother soooo well! My Mother and my Sister and I always went to Cordes and your Mother was the one who served us our Ice Cream etc. I remember my Mother was on a “diet” once and your Mother said “try this new diet soda”. It was liquid “No-Cal” and then she added some seltzer. It was awful LOL!!! If you want you can write me off this board at

Joanne

psindone
psindone on December 15, 2007 at 6:58 am

It’s nice to read about eveyones wonderful memories. I was back in the neighborhood yesterday, needed to stop at Cypress Hills Cemetery, so I took a quick ride around. It seems like they are making progress on a new school on Jamaica Avenue. It’s where the old Roberts Numbering Factory was on Jamaica and Richmond. So I guess one goes up while another (Lane) closes down. How sad!
My mom worked at Cordes for many years, her name was Judy Giordano. When I was young Herman and Charlotte Cordes would let me go down in the basement when they were making the chocolate bunnies or turkeys, they would let me help dry all the molds. My pay was all the fresh whipped cream I could eat, from the huge machine they had, no can whipped cream in those days.. I also have an older brother Joe. Like everyone else we both went to P.S. 65 and 171, he went to Lane while I went to Delehanty. As everyone has posted, those were wonderful times with great friends. I now live in Howard Beach, not so far from where I came from, its nice to know its near by.

Blusman7
Blusman7 on November 27, 2007 at 7:12 pm

Jack Tomai: Tina’s thrilled to hear from you and learn that you and your wife are well. She’s sure that her mother Josie would’ve loved to know that you got in touch. (I’m new on this list, so if there’s a way to contact you via email without it becoming a problem, let us know and I’ll have Tina reach out off list.)

PKoch
PKoch on November 27, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Jack Tomai, this personal stuff is good, because it brings people together, and gets them talking to each other about their lives.

See you on Bushwick Buddies ! The more the merrier ! Come on in, the water’s fine !

jacktomai
jacktomai on November 27, 2007 at 3:36 pm

To Bluesman: I know we shouldn’t be writing too much personal stuff here but I am so happy to hear about Tina and Lena. My wife Louise and I most certainly remember them. They were good customers and really nice girls. Please give them our best!
To PKoch: I will definitely be joining you on Bushwick Buddies first chance I get.

PKoch
PKoch on November 27, 2007 at 10:13 am

Thanks, Bluesman7 and MVitale. Sweet dreams, saps.

panthergirl
panthergirl on November 26, 2007 at 10:49 pm

I think he was Gerry’s brother then. Gerry would be 62 now.

Blusman7
Blusman7 on November 26, 2007 at 10:31 pm

MVitale, I don’t know. Nick’s wife was named Barara and he had two teenage kids in the mid-70’s, a son and daughter whose name’s I don’t recall. My wife Tina is the one that grew up in the neighborhood. I was a latecomer in that my association with the neighborhood began in 1977 or so.

panthergirl
panthergirl on November 26, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Bluesman: Was Nick related to Gerry Cifarelli? She was a friend of my sister Loretta. Oh, and to stay on topic… they used to go to the Embassy Theater all the time.

;)

Blusman7
Blusman7 on November 26, 2007 at 10:19 pm

Jack Tomai, M Vitale,et al:

I worked for a few years in the late 70’s at the Social Security Office across from the Hamburg Bank on Fulton and Autumn.

I remember Darlene from hanging out at Pristina Brothers Plumbing shop on Fulton St. I used to shop at Joe’s Men’s Shop. (Joe and Philip Gripaldi)

My wife lived at 229 Lincoln for many years and Fulton St. before that..

Nick Cifarelli (Grant Ave off Fulton) worked with me at Abercrombie & Fitch in Manhattan. (One of my first jobs after college. I’m 55.)

To Jack: Next door from Jack’s Tops & Bottoms, Matty’s Meat Market’s owners, Charlie and Tommy. Charlie had two sisters, Tina and Lena. (I married Tina) shopped in your store and remember you and your wife.

PKoch
PKoch on October 17, 2007 at 1:46 pm

Jack Tomai, please join us on Bushwick Buddies. We’d love to have you. I mentioned you by name to BrooklynJim and frankie in connection with our having met at the Ridgewood Theatre on Saturday August 25th 2007 to see a movie at that old haunt, and to talk old times. I like your stories of going to the RKO Madison with a date to see “The Illustrated Man” in spring 1969, then going across Myrtle Avenue to the Madison Diner (now Montas Restaurant, where Jim and Frank and I ate after seeing “The Bourne Ultimatum” at the Ridgewood) for a burger and a coke.

jacktomai
jacktomai on October 17, 2007 at 1:29 pm

Warren, you’re probably right. I apologize for off-topic chat, it’s just that it’s so nice to hear about old friends and neighbors and the old neighborhood, etc that one kind of gets carried away. Being 3000 miles away from Brooklyn and Queens for over 30 years and most of the old friends and neighbors gone or moved away, it’s just kind of comforting to hear about them again. In the future, I’ll try to refrain from that kind of dialogue.

PKoch
PKoch on October 17, 2007 at 11:06 am

Thank you all for all these wonderful details of your past lives, and of your old Cypress Hills neighborhood ! It looks like a strong Cypress Hills cyber-community is emerging on Cinema Treasures, on this Embassy Theatre page, just as a strong Ridgewood cyber-community emerged on the Ridgewood Theatre page 3 ½ years ago.

This kind of chat is good, because it draws people together, rather than pushing them apart.

Jack Tomai, you spelled Koletty’s correctly, but it was on the northeast corner of Myrtle Avenue and Palmetto St., not Madison St.

On the Bushwick Buddies website are discussions of the Triangle Ball Room, outings from “the Rink to the Sink” (Hillside roller rink to Jahn’s in Richmond Hill for the “kitchen sink”), and much more. A few beautiful full color photos of the old Fulton Street el have also just been posted.

For ENY – Cypress Hills :

www.tapeshare.com

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on October 17, 2007 at 10:23 am

This listing is rapidly filling up with off-topic “chat” and threatens to become as overloaded as the one for the Ridgewood Theatre. Could you please move your discussions to some more suitable forum, such as www.brooklynboard.com? Many thanks!