AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

Showing 51 - 75 of 1,286 comments

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on March 13, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Hello-

I thank digital3d for a detailed reply. I have seen Call Me By Your Name many times at the Regal Union Square and each showing has been jammed packed if not sold out. so since its been out nearly 4 months its nice its still doing decent biz. if I am not mistaken since opening it has only played the Paris and the Union Square. so it was nice to see it still doing packed business the week after the Oscars. I wonder since the dvd/blu-ray came out today if the business at the Union Square will tapper off. it would be interesting to see it this again weekend just to see what the crowd size is.

also what is a KDM?

digital3d
digital3d on March 12, 2018 at 4:25 pm

It will probably remain if crowds keep showing up. Look at Darkest Hour. That was available for rent and purchase for weeks and it’s still playing in 3 NYC theaters, one of them AMC and one Regal.

In the end thr studio decides. (As I mentioned they can just stop sending updated KDMs). But if the film keeps making bucks at the the theater there is no reason for the studio to do that.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on March 12, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Hello-

I have been thinking of digital3d’s 3/5 comment. for' instance this past Sat. 3/10 i saw Call Me By Your Name again. while Best Adapted Screenplay is nice to win i figured more than likely the film or films that would benefit winning Oscars the most are the Best Picture and Best Director winners. so I was surprised that the 3p.m. screening at the Union Square was say 85% full. one wonders if the dvd/ blu-ray of CMBYN coming out tomorrow 3.13 will effect the film being pulled or can the Union Square keep it as long as it makes $$$?

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on March 12, 2018 at 2:46 pm

Hello-

markp
markp on March 6, 2018 at 9:34 pm

The Phantom Thread in 70MM ended tonight after 11 weeks and 342 showings.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on March 6, 2018 at 8:14 pm

I’m not sure why they would ever want to pull it from a theater. If anything, they’d be more wanting to pull the home video.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 5, 2018 at 4:56 pm

Any eta on when this theater will be renovated?

digital3d
digital3d on March 5, 2018 at 3:17 pm

@bigjoe: They can just discontinue sending a new key. (KDM)

But I’ve read in forums that usually the studios allow the movies to continue playing if they do well in that theater.

But yes, if the studio wanted to they could just stop sending a renewed KDM and the theater wouldn’t be able to play the movie any longer.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on March 5, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Hello-

I have a question about exhibition that I hope someone can help me with. it seems the window between when a film opens to when the dvd/blu/ray comes out has gotten smaller the years. in fact if a film is successful enough it may still be in its 1st run engagements when the dvd/blu-ray comes out. which is where my question comes in. if a film is still doing decent business when the dvd/blu-ray is released can the distribution company pull it even if the theater wants to continue playing it?

for instance of the films up for Oscars last night some did in fact win. so if one of these is still doing decent enough business that a theater might want to continue playing it can the distribution company pull it anyway?

purpleflamingo
purpleflamingo on March 3, 2018 at 9:44 pm

Hey there, anyone have any insider details on when the Avengers Infinity Wars pre-sale will go up? Thanks!

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on February 25, 2018 at 1:05 pm

Hello-

Al A. to the rescue yet again. I could swear when I first looked up “all theaters” for New York,New York it wasn’t listed. well I guess I’m only human.

Al Alvarez
Al Alvarez on February 23, 2018 at 5:03 pm

bigjoe, it is listed;

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on February 23, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Hello-

I hope one of you can help me with a mystery of sorts. I started browsing thru issues of Moving Picture World and Motion Picture News on archive.org a few years back and still haven’t looked at all the many issues they have online. this is where my question comes in. today I was looking thru the Oct. 7, 1916 issue of Motion Picture News which had a write up on a newly opened movie theater the Regun at 60 W. 116 st. no theater by that name is listed on this site. did i just discover a unlisted picture house or is it better known by another name?

markp
markp on February 7, 2018 at 9:33 am

70MM Phantom Thread now booked thru March 8. It may go longer if it wins any academy awards.

Al Alvarez
Al Alvarez on February 6, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Chilean Oscar nominee “A FANTASTIC WOMAN” just opened at the Walter Reade. Swedish nominee “THE SQUARE” is at the Elinor Bunin. The two Lincoln Center theatres bought a full page promo ad in the New York Times last week, so it looks like they expect to help fill the void on the UWS.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on February 6, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Hello-

a question pertaining to the recent closing of both the Sunshine and nearby Lincoln Plaza cinemas. while I have been to the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s two theaters- the Walter Reade and Bruin Monroe I never remember either one ever showing what I would call an A level low budget American indie or foreign language film. for instance Darkest Hour, Wonder Wheel or Hostiles were among the last films to play the Lincoln Plaza. so do you think the Reade and the Bruin Monroe will now start booking the A level low budget American indies and prominent foreign language that normally would have played only at the Lincoln Plaza and Sunshine?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on February 2, 2018 at 12:35 pm

At least no one has been hurt in the escalator here compared to its sister theater…

markp
markp on January 23, 2018 at 4:00 am

70MM Phantom Thread being held over for a 6th week starting Jan 26.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 15, 2018 at 3:01 pm

The reserved seating for imax at AMC is necessary because it’s quite popular along with dolby cinema.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 14, 2018 at 6:25 pm

yeah, kinda the same thing, the movie theater Jersey Gardens is directly across from Newark Aiport

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 14, 2018 at 2:43 pm

U mean Elizabeth not Newark airport

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Other theaters like Paramus, Newark Airport, Rockaway have much more asymmetrical theaters and you may need to be quite a few seats over from max seat #/2 to be centered.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 14, 2018 at 2:39 pm

Also, FWIW, the seats did seem to be very slightly asymetrical. I could be wrong, but it felt more like seat 23 is center rather than between seats 21 and 22. (but with such a wide screen, a few seats this way or that still doesn’t feel too far off, even for 3D where being dead center is very important IMO- in fact, I sometimes wonder if people who don’t like 3D don’t like it because they don’t sit dead center)

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 14, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Saw Last Jedi in Laser IMAX 3D here. This time my glasses had no issues, none of the problem where the right eye coating was like half missing. Perfect 3D corner to corner with zero ghosting. Awesome quality. Much better 3D than regular IMAX and even moreso compared to Real3D. Deep blacks, nice contrast, more detailed. Fantastic.

Not sure what happened last time, both our glasses had the exact same problem where the right eye seemed to be coated only in the center and if you eye spacing didn’t exactly match that, HORRIBLE double vision for the right eye. Not sure if they shipped them a whole new set of glasses, went through them and replaced all the bad ones or whether it was just total bad luck last time to get two of just a few bad ones or this time total good luck to get two of the few good ones (probably not this considering lack of any other recent complaints).

Anyway, it seems the Laser IMAX 3D is working well here now. (Now if only they would start spreading it to more theaters (and if only they would build some more true IMAX locations, there are so, so few, not one in all of northern NJ despite that being one the richest and more densely populated places in the whole country; sure NYC isn’t far BUT as soon as you are over the river it suddenly means a much longer and more expensive trip and something you just do all the time).)