AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

hdtv267
hdtv267 on October 3, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Actually, there’s a sliding scale of pricing depending upon what time you attend.

I know the shows earlier in the day are a bit less expensive. Your best bet to figure out what works out best for you , would probably be to check out Fandango’s website or AMC’s. The pricing and times for the shows are listed there.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on October 3, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Hello Again-

thanks for the info about the price for a 3-D IMAX film at Lincoln Square. most good old regular 2-D films aren’t worth the price theaters in Manhattan are asking so I doubt the vast majority of 3-D IMAX films are worth the hyped up price. “Avatar” released Dec. of 2009 was the juggernaut for the current stampede of 3-D films. here’s the kicker- since “Avatar” countless 3-D films have been released and in a grand total of exactly 2 count ‘em two films has the 3-D actually furthed the storytelling process- “Hugo” and “Life of Pi”.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on October 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm

What movie has stayed the longest at this theater? I say titanic.

celboy
celboy on October 3, 2013 at 1:52 pm

$21.50 plus a $2.00 fandango fee if you can’t get to the theatre.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on October 3, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Hello-

how much are reserved seats for a 3-D IMAX film
at Lincoln Square?

celboy
celboy on October 3, 2013 at 10:57 am

15/70mm is also referred to as imax 70mm tall and 15 sprocket holes long traditional 70mm widescreen is only 5 sprocket holes creating a 2.2 aspect ratio

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on October 3, 2013 at 9:29 am

mhvbear what is 15/70MM?

mhvbear
mhvbear on October 2, 2013 at 9:30 am

Reserved my seats today for Saturday. Got mu usual favorite seats. Love reserved seats. Wish more theaters in NYC offered the service. Looking forward to enjoying 15/70mm. It will be a sad day when this screen goes digital.

celboy
celboy on September 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

I do hope they get “Gravity-Imax” here.

optimist008
optimist008 on August 28, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Are they still handing out invites outside this theater for test screenings???

Have not seen them lately

Thanks Much

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on August 28, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I like it too….amc should do that for all of its thetaers.

PreciousJones
PreciousJones on August 28, 2013 at 3:01 pm

I absolutely LOVE the reserved seating policy. Anyone complaining about it is a fool. Plan ahead, make good choices. Wouldn’t you rather make a decision ahead of time on your seat selection rather than wait 6+ hours for a blockbuster opening?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on June 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I like real imax better than digital. ..the aspect ratio is taller.

celboy
celboy on June 28, 2013 at 9:11 am

sorry for repost—-it appears it will

celboy
celboy on June 28, 2013 at 9:05 am

Does anyone know if Pacific Rim Imax will run here or will it stay “Kryptonian”?

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on June 9, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Hello-

i wonder if anyone especially the theater’s management has realized that the info on the plaques next to the auditoriums entrances aren’t always? for instance the plaque for the Loew’s Capitol says it was torn down at the end of 1967. so i wonder how i saw “2001: A Space Odyssey” in its original Cinerama roadshow engagement at the Capitol the last week of April 1968? i am highly surprised even shocked to a certain degree that the plaques weren’t fact checked before they were put up.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on June 9, 2013 at 3:46 pm

What movie was it hdtv267?

hdtv267
hdtv267 on June 9, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Normally I visit this venue for the IMAX experience. But sometimes a particular movie will get me here, as it doesn’t open in my region for quite some time.

This past Saturday 6/8/13 saw me visit and have a screening in the downstairs “Canal” while oddly configured, was a comfortable, big screen and well presented.

One of the things I get a kick of here is actually the commercials. Between the real estate agent, camps and I was surprised to see a spot for “Book of Mormon”

Enjoyable overall experience at this spot.

mhvbear
mhvbear on May 20, 2013 at 8:32 am

Saturday afternoon went to see ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ on the IMAX screen. It was a wonderful experience. Loved the reserved seats. I purchased my tickets a few days in advance and was able to get my favorite seats in the theater. I prefer sitting in row M which is the back row where my line of site is about half way up the screen. I have to say 70mmIMAX is way ahead of the current D-IMAX. I am glad that AMC seems to be keeping this a 70mm film theater. I did notice that AMC is selling all the tickets for a 3D presentation where Loews used to hold back the 4 seats on the left and right sides of the theater. If you notice those seats are a different color.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 28, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Its also the same at the amc garden state imax

LLNYRN
LLNYRN on April 28, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I love this theater. But in seeing “OBLIVION” this morning, I had to experience the “RESERVED SEATING” policy for the first time. This is a disastrous policy in my book.

It not only wastes time at the ticket booth, but it doesn’t take into account that many patrons may have “sight line” issues when it comes to seating. Especially if the film is in 3D. And it takes away choice in regards to where people (especially those who come in early) prefer to comfortably sit.

This isn’t a Broadway musical or concert we’re talking about.

I shot off an email and a FACEBOOK rant to AMC and the theater regarding this absolutely stupid policy.

Otherwise, “OBLIVION” was stunning to see in IMAX. But with all the other big summer releases making their way, unless you pre-plan and know EXACTLY where you want to sit, good luck enjoying this theater’s new IMAX seating policy.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on March 26, 2013 at 5:44 pm

I’ve posted the Loews auditorium original screen size in the Intro above.

celboy
celboy on February 28, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Thank you. It was a very impressive display. Another reason this theatre gets the respect it does.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on February 28, 2013 at 6:55 am

oh I found the link with the photo I referenced.