AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

Showing 51 - 75 of 1,223 comments

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on December 16, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Star Wars: The Last Jedi, I saw today at Franklin Institute in 70mm Imax, so I can confirm it is shown only in ‘scope, not 1.43 so it was letterboxed where I saw it. It did have tremendous resolution as to details.

Tau_seti
Tau_seti on December 15, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Which theater is better for Last Jedi? IMAX 3D (3D=yuck) or Dolby Digital?

We saw Dunkirk in IMAX. It was one of the great cinematographic experiences of my life. Blade Runner 2049 was good too although there was something rattling toward the front left during loud scenes, maybe a blown speaker coil or a loose ceiling tile or something.

digital3d
digital3d on December 14, 2017 at 10:05 pm

WHAT? WHAT THE HECK? NO 1.43? Do you have a link to that @xbs2034?

Or did someone see it there tonight and can confirm?

xbs2034
xbs2034 on December 14, 2017 at 11:51 am

Just one little note for people (like me) seeing The Last Jedi in IMAX here this weekend. While the film did use IMAX cameras for select sequences, it will be a locked scope presentation, and the screen will not be filled for any of those sequences.

Apparently, the director found the aspect ratio switches distracting when he was finishing the movie, and people who’ve seen the film in the UK mentioned there are no IMAX aspect ratio switches.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on December 9, 2017 at 5:22 pm

I Tonya is doing good business at this theater before expanding nationwide in the weeks ahead.

Seattleprojectionist
Seattleprojectionist on December 5, 2017 at 10:16 am

I’m happy that the audience turned out for the 70mm presentation of MOTOE. Not the case for Justice League in 70 at the Cinerama. Although, it’s been many years since I spent three weeks straight making changeovers in a manual 70mm booth it has been a lot of fun! It would be nice if we had more of an audience though.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on December 4, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Looking at 3D screenings, there’s a set that looks like it will be in the large Loews auditorium for The Last Jedi.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on December 4, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Hello-

The Last Jedi won’t be in the Loew’s auditorium?

markp
markp on December 2, 2017 at 3:50 pm

We did very good business with MOTOE. Weekend crowds sold out the theatre (375 seats). Even week night early shows did well. The theatre upstairs ran JL in 70MM for only 9 days. Warners wanted to cut their losses early. We ended up having 83 showings between Nov 9 and 30th. And what helped was this was the only screen showing it in the complex. You had to see it in 70MM or go elsewhere.

Seattleprojectionist
Seattleprojectionist on December 1, 2017 at 9:32 pm

I am curious at to what business was like for MOTOE in 70mm? I am one of two projectionists running Justice League in 70mm at the Cinerama in Seattle to very light crowds. Of course, it is playing on a dozen other screens in digital format. There was some talk that we might get MOTOE in 70mm for a week starting December 1 but that fell through. JL for one more week.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on December 1, 2017 at 3:46 pm

Dunkirk is playing here in 70mm Imax this weekend .

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 30, 2017 at 6:49 pm

Yes, the footage shot with IMAX film cameras will fill the entire screen. 1.43 in IMAX laser is quite the spectacle

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 30, 2017 at 1:41 pm

I wonder if the aspect ratio will be like real Imax rather than digital since the film was shot that way. The conversion on force awakens was ok when I saw it on blu ray 3d although I missed seeing it in liemax 3d.

CHH32
CHH32 on November 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm

@Darth_Vader444 If you go to Fandango or the AMC Lincoln Square website, you will see Justice League has an IMAX logo above its showtimes while SW8 has an IMAX3D logo — so IMAX = 2D and IMAX3D =3D

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 29, 2017 at 8:18 am

They worked pretty good when I saw WW in 3D.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on November 28, 2017 at 10:36 pm

I wonder if they fixed the 3D glasses here.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 28, 2017 at 10:31 am

Yes it was confirmed that last jedi will be in 3D! Yes!!! :)

rayman29
rayman29 on November 28, 2017 at 10:17 am

Nationwide fewer IMAX movies are being shown in 3D because attendance in 3D has declined. I checked the show times, and all I could find for Star Wars here in IMAX is 3D so I think you’re good.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 28, 2017 at 8:35 am

I was surprised when I showed up to see Justice League on Saturday that it wasn’t in 3D. Does anyone know why Justice League wasn’t in 3D Imax? More importantly, can anyone confirm that Last Jedi will indeed be in 3D? I’ve had my tickets purchased on the first day they were available.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 26, 2017 at 6:49 pm

What is the longest running 70mm engagement at this theater?

markp
markp on November 26, 2017 at 1:14 pm

As of now the 70MM MOTOE is scheduled to end Wednesday the 29th

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 23, 2017 at 6:15 pm

A dunkirk display was recently installed to promote the reissue of the film for Oscar consideration .

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on November 23, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Hello-

I thank Al A. for his reply. but there is one equation I guess you would call it that I still don’t understand. I can’t tell you how many big highly promoted films I’ve seen on opening weekend where the auditorium was rather sparsely filled. and when I hear the film had a BIG opening weekend I go Where? then when I see a big highly promoted film on opening weekend and the auditorium is packed I expect the film to have a huge opening weekend but it flops. I don’t get it.

Al Alvarez
Al Alvarez on November 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm

bigjoe59, the studio announced an expected $110 million opening. That figure was low based on other recent Batman films opening at results much higher than that. The resulting $94 million opening is therefore considered a ‘stumble’.