Showing 7,501 - 7,525 of 9,157 comments
This opened on July 30th, 1976. Grand opening ad uploaded in the photo section for this cinema.
December 22nd, 1976 grand opening ad has been uploaded here.
This opened as Theatre 1536 on October 25th, 1974. Grand opening ad posted here.
This opened on April 13th, 1973. Grand opening ad uploaded here.
November 25th, 1970 grand opening ad has been uploaded here in the photo section.
Also uploaded the Cinema III grand opening ad from November 26th, 1969. It had separate management from the other two screens.
This was opened by General Cinemas* on October 26th, 1966. Dubinsky must has taken it over shortly after.
This opened as Plaza on January 28th, 1966. I uploaded it’s grand opening ad in the photo section.
Galaxy Showcase grand opening ad from October 8th, 1965 has been uploaded here.
This opened on July 2nd, 1965. Ad uploaded in photo section.
1958 USGS photo uploaded here.
This opened on January 30th, 1949.
September 10th, 1947 grand opening ad uploaded here.
July 25th, 1950 grand opening ad uploaded here.
The grand opening ad has been uploaded here.
This opened as a twin on July 16th, 1971.
four cinemas on August 23rd, 1979, seven screens on July 31st, 1987, 10 cinemas in 1990 and 12 screens in 1999.
This opened on May 4th, 1951 at Hwy 57 & 58. Grand opening ad uploaded here.
This opened as a twin on March 26th, 1970. 3 in 1978, 4 in 1984, 8 in 2004 and 12 in 2008.
Grand opening ad uploaded here.
28 Aug 1970 page 22 of LIFE has a 4-page article about this theatre.
Did this close down in October, 2008? Showtimes not listed.
This opened on May 27th, 1938. Grand opening ad here.
Also the 1954 aerial has been uploaded here. It was on John Deere Road.
1949 grand opening ad posted here.
This opened with one cinema in 1968.
2 in 1969, 3 in 1973, 4 in 1979, 5 in 1982, 8 in 1985
S. It became part of the Excellence Theatres in 1988 and Carmike in 1991. Closed in 2008.
1965 aerial photo uploaded. This drive-in is not to be confused with the Cedar Rapids Twin Drive-in which opened on June 13th, 1969 at 6300 SW Hwy 18