Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Hollywood

6360 Sunset Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Showing 826 - 850 of 1,265 comments

KramSacul
KramSacul on April 30, 2008 at 10:56 pm

//Isn’t “Iron Man” booked into the Avco, not the Village?

You’re right. The Harold and Kumar flick will still be playing there on Friday. Really bad booking by Paramount.

RogerA
RogerA on April 30, 2008 at 6:35 pm

this is a better way to get to the footage of the re-premiere of It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

RogerA
RogerA on April 30, 2008 at 3:16 pm

anyone who wants to view footage of the re-premiere of It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World can view it at [url=http://youtube.com/results?search_query=roger+antoniotti&search_t
ype=] it is in three parts

William
William on April 30, 2008 at 6:39 am

Isn’t “Iron Man” booked into the Avco, not the Village?

Giles
Giles on April 30, 2008 at 6:28 am

wait I’m confused did Paramount change their minds and are releasing Indy 4 in DLP.

KramSacul
KramSacul on April 30, 2008 at 2:34 am

I’m pretty sure the Village will be playing both Iron Man and Indy 4 on their DLP. Should look and sound fantastic.

KramSacul
KramSacul on April 29, 2008 at 9:47 pm

So no digital showings of Iron Man or Indy 4 in the other theaters either? What happened to those new NEC projectors? Are they just going to sit there all summer long?

The only place to see either film properly is in Westwood, again. Nit thrilled about it either as Indy 4 should’ve been a lock for Grauman’s.

William
William on April 28, 2008 at 5:11 am

If you are getting a film print the only code is the combo for the lock on the film cans. So what Justin posted about “these reels must be unlocked using a special code for projectionists to put into the projector”, it’s just a combo lock on the film cans. If you get a digital print then there is a code for the system.

Cliffs
Cliffs on April 27, 2008 at 10:08 pm

I hope the film prints for Ironman and Indy hold true because I have seats for both (Row C for the 8PM and 12:01 Ironmans on Thursday and Row C for the 12:01 and 8:30PM Indys on opening day), but I’ve seen Mission Impossible 3, Blades of Glory, and (I think) Transformers digitally projected in the Dome, so I wonder if this is a new agreement. In fact the only film print I’ve seen recently was the single midnight Simpsons show that ran the Thursday night prior.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 27, 2008 at 6:43 pm

the amc near me in rockaway is getting film prints for both films by the studio. Like transformers last year, these reels must be unlocked using a special code for projectionists to put into the projector.

Chris Utley
Chris Utley on April 26, 2008 at 7:39 pm

I got mine. 5/23 11:40 PM show.

Will it be film or digital?

mistertopps
mistertopps on April 25, 2008 at 3:17 pm

fyi everyone. indiana jones 4 tickets just went on sale this morning!

ZiegfeldMan
ZiegfeldMan on April 22, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Hi Rizzo:

Any chance for “How the West Was Won ‘ to coincide with Warner’s summer DVD release? I’m new here, so you may have addressed this before. I introduce some of the classic screenings at the Ziegfeld.

Thanks

Gary

Chris Utley
Chris Utley on April 21, 2008 at 2:54 pm

Rizzo, are y'all doing any upgrades or fine tuning of sound/picture equipment at The Dome before Iron Man opens? Me and 30 other members of my film club are going to the Friday 5/2 11:45 PM show and, since many of them have never been to The Dome, I hope the presentation will truly knock their socks off!

Edward Havens
Edward Havens on April 20, 2008 at 12:58 am

Sorry, my mistake. It was the AMC Century 15 that showed Da Vinca in 4K.

JSA
JSA on April 19, 2008 at 9:33 pm

I saw “Da Vinci Code” at the Dome, and remember the presentation being advertised as 2K & Dolby Digital.

JSA

Edward Havens
Edward Havens on April 19, 2008 at 9:37 am

The Dome is 4k capable… or at least was two years ago. The Da Vinci Code was shown in 4k at the Dome.

JRandell
JRandell on April 18, 2008 at 5:48 am

Lucas builds up my dreams only to then taint the end result somehow every time.

markinthedark
markinthedark on April 17, 2008 at 8:39 am

BLADE RUNNER also played later in its run at Mann’s Chinese 6 complex for a week or so in “Digital Projection”. Any ideas what they have there?

Giles
Giles on April 17, 2008 at 6:11 am

BLADE RUNNER and DR. STRANGELOVE were both projected in 4K on Landmark’s Sony system.

JRandell
JRandell on April 17, 2008 at 1:16 am

I suppose they might be playable on the projectors, but the projector would have to “downgrade” it to 2K. Just speculation on my part.

Also, last I had heard the only public theater in town with a 4K is Mark Cuban’s new Landmark. Which was why Blade Runner: Final Cut played there since they mastered it in 4K.

KramSacul
KramSacul on April 17, 2008 at 12:35 am

I thought the NECs were just brighter 2k units.

Giles
Giles on April 16, 2008 at 6:07 am

so NEC units can playback 4K files – correct? From the literature I’ve seen on the systems that’s my understanding.

William
William on April 15, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Rizzo, Thanks
He been with Pacific for a long time. He was a technician with them when I was at their Picwood Theatre.

William
William on April 15, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Rizzo is Dave Pepper still at the Dome?