AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

Showing 76 - 100 of 1,029 comments

xbs2034
xbs2034 on June 7, 2017 at 7:53 am

It was the Dunkirk prologue (I saw Wonder Woman here as well), the same as with Rogue One.

But I was more impressed this time, as with Rogue One it played first and a lot people were still getting into seats (partly due to crowd control as they only started letting people in less than ten minutes before) which was a bit distracting, but here it played in the middle of the trailers, and with the extra focus I could really notice the IMAX 12 Channel sound mix which was great.

poland626
poland626 on June 7, 2017 at 6:27 am

wait, they played the dunkirk footage again? Or was it just the trailer? Just curious.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on June 7, 2017 at 5:30 am

I saw Wonder Woman in the Imax and was very impressed. The earlier issues from the theater are gone. The Dunkirk footage was once again displayed in full laser Imax and it was insane! The tremendous picture and the earth shattering audio was unreal. I’m seeing The Mummy on Monday but I can’t wait for Dunkirk!

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 30, 2017 at 11:24 am

I know that via amc’s website. My local amc in rockaway is getting dolby cinema soon.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on May 29, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Amc 34th street getting dolby cinema. I doubt the loews. It would lose 450 seats

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 29, 2017 at 5:07 pm

You got that right. Any eta on dolby cinema in the loews auditorium?

poland626
poland626 on May 26, 2017 at 6:37 am

Someone on reddit posted a list of theaters getting the 15/70 projectors and this is one of them. good to know

Link: https://tinyurl.com/yaef4mvv

xbs2034
xbs2034 on May 2, 2017 at 8:30 am

I had basically no issues with ghosting or reflections with Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and Ghost in the Shell, and 3D brightness levels were great- better than 2D footage I saw for the films.

However, with anything here, but particularly 3D, I’d recommend getting seats in the middle of the row and not too close to the screen, and I’m not seeing Guardians in IMAX as it looks like all but the front two rows were sold out when I got tickets last week (with those other two films, they were maybe a quarter full so I could chose an ideal seat location).

poland626
poland626 on May 2, 2017 at 7:25 am

so has the 3d imax improved? just wondering for before guardians of the galaxy

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 17, 2017 at 11:11 am

When Sony owned the Lincoln Square, several of its films had world premieres at this venue.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on April 8, 2017 at 3:59 pm

Probadly, because Disney owns the theatre. That a shame it wasn’t on all showing across the country.

mhvbear
mhvbear on April 8, 2017 at 3:22 pm

The overture was included with the presentation at the El Capitan in LA.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on April 8, 2017 at 2:56 pm

The overture wasn’t in the regular release also.. Guess it was made for the soundtrack only

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on April 8, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Dolby Cinema uses Dolby Atmos when the film is in.. Most IMAX films are also in Dolby Vision at Dolby Cinema. Selected RPX locations uses Dolby Atmos (IN NYC, EWalk, Kaufman and Court Street). Sheepshead Bay RPX uses Barco 12.1 sound system when the feature is in it.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 8, 2017 at 2:42 pm

they had a clip on youtube showing fan’s reaction to the movie @poland626 this movie is the first that filmed mostly on imax 3d cameras (digital).

macnut222
macnut222 on April 5, 2017 at 5:27 am

@LeoOc: It looked really good. Also, with the expanded aspect ratio, the image nearly filled the entire screen.

LeoOc
LeoOc on March 26, 2017 at 11:11 pm

Has anyone seen beauty and the beast in imax laser? How was it, it looked quite nice in regular IMAX.

poland626
poland626 on March 23, 2017 at 1:17 pm

April 4th they are hosting a IMAX event for Transformers. I believe this this be the second time something is shown that was shot in IMAX cameras. I think the Dunkirk prologue was the first.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 21, 2017 at 11:37 am

Imax is the best experience for big movies. Some movies that were not shot in imax are specifically formatted for imax screens such as Dr. Strange and Beauty and the Beast. This is from the full camera instead of the cropped image used for regular theatrical release. This trend has been around since Skyfall and Tron Legacy popularized it. Ghostbusters, the remake, used it comically, and can be seen in the bluray release of said film.

xbs2034
xbs2034 on March 20, 2017 at 2:28 pm

RPX (along with other premium large formats like Dolby Cinema) are something theater chains came up with as alternatives to IMAX, but not the same thing, so they won’t have any IMAX exclusive bonuses such as expanded aspect ratios.

IMAX also does exclusive digital remastering and sound mixes for all the releases in the format, whereas RPX just works off the regular DCP masters/sound mixes I believe (Dolby Cinema though does get exclusive Dolby Vision masters for some titles, but not everything that plays in those theaters).

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on March 20, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Thanks mhvbear. The aspect ratio in the RPX was 2.35

mhvbear
mhvbear on March 19, 2017 at 10:44 am

The IMAX version of “Beauty & the Beast” is being shown in 1.90:1 aspect ratio. Not the full IMAX screen but pretty close. 2.35:1 aspect ration in non IMAX theaters. Was disappointed that the overture on the soundtrack album was not included with the IMAX release.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on March 19, 2017 at 9:52 am

On the Imax of Beauty and The Beast, was the film shown on the full screen? I went to Regal RPX and like Sully it was not it had the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen just like any scope film. Other then the sound being 7.0 two of the other theaters screens are much bigger. It’s a total waste of money to pay for a movie in THE RPX theater here. Is RPX different then Imax? BATB was film in large screen format so to me the full RPX screen should have been utilized.