Showing 76 - 100 of 35,589 comments
This picture was published in the Long-Islander on April 29, 1927.
The Huntington Theatre opened on May 5, 1927.
Published on April 29, 1927.
The Colonial Theatre is listed in a 1919 Greenville city directory at 2608 Lee Street.
The Lyric Theater in Van Alstyne, Texas is listed in the 1934 Film Daily Yearbook with 525 seats. Not listed in the 1935 edition.
The Ritz Theater in Van Alstyne, Texas is listed in the 1938 Film Daily Yearbook with 300 seats. Not listed in the 1939 edition.
29th Street Theatre-1914.
Interior view of the Mason Opera House.
The Strand Theatre is closed. You can read about it here.
A 1947 Durham city directory gives an address of 219 East Main Street for the Rialto Theatre.
The Hippodrome Theatre opened on June 26, 1913. Seating was 1,500. The location given is Fifth & Main Streets which probably won’t map correctly.
Published in the Tulsa Daily World on June 25, 1913.
The Plainview Theatre is listed in the 1954 Film Daily Yearbook with 998 seats.
The address is 123 East King Avenue.
This is a portion of the Princess ad expanded to show the upper right corner which states that the Princess is formally the “Pathe” on South Main Street.
A brief mention in the Drumright Derrick on October 15, 1915 gives the proposed opening of the Strand as October 17, 1915.
Sam Yout, manager of the Grand theater at Cushing, is in the city today assisting H. C. Miller, the manager of the Strand theater of this city, to arrange for the opening Sunday, October 17.
On November 6, 1915, the Strand is advertising the motion picture, “Neal of the Navy”, so the Strand was certainly operating in 1915.
This theatre was operating as the Pathe Theatre in 1910. The Pathe Theatre was renamed Princess Theatre and reopened on August 26, 1911. On October 14, 1911 the name was changed to the Palace Theatre.
The address should be 219 South Main Street. That is the address given for the Pathe Theatre and 219 South Main Street is the address given for the Palace Theatre in a 1922 Tulsa directory. An ad for each theatre name has been uploaded.
Ad is dated August 26, 1911.
Published on October 14, 1911.
Ad is dated September 18, 1910.
As Joe already posted, the Strand was formerly the Yale Theatre. In 1910 and probably even earlier, the Strand/Yale Theatre was known as the Empire Theatre. An October 6, 1912 ad for the Yale Theatre, states “Formerly the Empire”.
An item in the June 16, 1915 edition of the Tulsa Daily World states that the Yale Theatre is closed and will re-open on June 25th with a new name. That is most likely when the name was changed to Strand. The Strand is advertising motion pictures in July of 1915. All three theatre names had an address of 117 South Main Street. The Strand Theatre is listed in the 1949 Film Daily Yearbook with 320 seats.
Interior view of the Follies Theatre.
Published on June 16, 1915.
Published on October 6, 1912.