AMC Rockaway 16

363 Mt. Hope Avenue,
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Showing 1,151 - 1,175 of 1,634 comments

Giles
Giles on July 13, 2009 at 10:43 am

that’s not true SlimShady – 3D add ons, for 4K Sony systems ARE available currently. That’s why Regal jumped on the Sony 4K bandwagon and begun installing systems more quickly than AMC, Regal has 3D Sony DP’s at Ballson (Virginia), and the Majestic (Silver Spring Maryland) theatres. Sony advertises this very distinctly in Box Office magazine.

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on July 13, 2009 at 9:10 am

on second thought justin, it could be Sony 4k system because recently all Amc digital theatres on the westcoast were upgraded to LMT 200 media block which supports 3D. So Lets wait and see

moviebuff82 on July 12, 2009 at 5:44 pm

slimshady, the three theaters will be monmouth mall, mountainside, and new brunswick, all former loews/sony theaters.

moviebuff82 on July 12, 2009 at 3:46 pm

maybe on tuesday of next week just in time for the midnight showing of g force on friday.

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on July 12, 2009 at 3:19 pm

it takes abut 2 days to complete the entire installation but it depends when it begans. I dont know when are they going to began

JJD
JJD on July 12, 2009 at 2:02 pm

…AND, How long will it take to get auditorium 7 ready?

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on July 12, 2009 at 1:31 pm

mouthmall, mountainside and new brunswick around this area

moviebuff82 on July 12, 2009 at 11:51 am

what other theatres will have the projection?

JJD
JJD on July 12, 2009 at 11:50 am

How long will it take to get auditorium 7 ready?

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on July 12, 2009 at 11:28 am

As of right now 3D only works with 2K. Sony 4K are only for digital presentation and not for 3D yet. The parts to enable 3D on Sony 4ks are still being manufactured. It’s not out yet. So all RealD 3D presentations operate on Christie’s CP2000

moviebuff82 on July 12, 2009 at 6:24 am

Will it be the Sony 4k projectors or the 2k ones?

geniusdj2
geniusdj2 on July 12, 2009 at 12:55 am

yep he’s right. Rollout for 3D Cinema is beginning next week. This theatre will be getting in auditorium 7. There are other few theatres as well.

moviebuff82 on July 11, 2009 at 11:51 am

On the Google reviews for this theater, a recent moviegoer complained about the theater since she was carded when she went to see Bruno, an R-rated film. Now whenever I go see an R-rated film, I usually go with my dad or someone older than me, and this is no problem. Next time I go see an R-rated movie on my own, I’ll show my ID card much the same way I pay for an M-Rated game.

moviebuff82 on July 11, 2009 at 11:01 am

Was at the 11:10 showing of “Public Enemies” and enjoyed the movie a lot. The only complaint I had was that the movie was shot on HD video, making some action a bit jittery. This is similiar to what they did with Cloverfield, although that was a different kind of movie. The soundtrack was good, and there was a decent crowd. Paul, the guy in the wheelchair taking tickets, was nice to me and my aunt. Near the cash registers, AMC once again put up a notice about a 3D movie shown only in 2D, with Ice Age. Hopefully they get the digital 3D just in time for G-Force, which I’m not going to see.

JJD
JJD on July 10, 2009 at 5:56 pm

The drop down window I think you’re referring to (Choose Your Movie, Opening This Week, Coming Soon, Now Playing) is a movietickets.com feature that can be accessed from any theater listed under movietickets.com. It doesn’t necessarily mean those movies will play at the theater whose page you happen to be on. If you’re referring to something else specific to Rockaway 16, let us know.

moviebuff82 on July 10, 2009 at 5:35 pm

it was under the heading coming soon, with both the 2d and 3d versions listed.

JJD
JJD on July 10, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Can you provide a little more detail for those who don’t subscribe to the Moviewatcher Newsletter? What did it say? When I was at the theater last weekend and inquired about digital 3D, I was told by a worker that the manager was “working on it now”.

moviebuff82 on July 10, 2009 at 3:47 am

looks like gforce will be the first movie to be in 3d at this theater, according to the moviewatcher newsletter.

moviebuff82 on July 9, 2009 at 1:19 pm

they should kill that project and open the football stadium.

markp
markp on July 9, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that Xanadu Theatre. First of all, Muvico is having financial problems and there is absolutely zero work going at the theatre site, as well as most the rest of xanadu, for the same reason, money problems.

moviebuff82 on July 9, 2009 at 12:25 pm

For the time being, this theater is now showing like two indie films, Away We Go and Whatever Works with nearly all of the lineup mostly blockbuster fare. I can’t wait for “The Hurt Locker” to come out, as well as the next Harry Potter movie.

moviebuff82 on July 8, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Rockaway and most theaters in NJ missed out on showing the Michael Jackson funeral…the closest theater I found was in Chelsea, Manhattan, NY.

moviebuff82 on July 7, 2009 at 1:01 pm

How has this theater been doing since it opened? I think it has changed since Clearview upgraded its theaters that surround that place with digital projection (2k,pretty soon 4k to compete against AMC). At least there won’t be any fake IMAX theaters around here soon (save for one in Danbury, Connecticut). I’m so looking forward to going to the IMAX at the Muvico Xanadu theater, whenever that’s done.