Rogers Theatre

835 Broadway,
Brooklyn, NY 11206

Bway
Bway on March 28, 2005 at 7:42 am

Ooops, the last link, taken in 1970, I linked the wrong photo, this is the 1970 photo I meant to link as the 4th link:

Bway
Bway on March 28, 2005 at 7:40 am

These listings are not always accurate. I believe it could have been a corner, even if it doesn’t say so on the city tax records. There are always mistakes in the records.
Anyway, I believe the theater was in fact located at the Flushing Ave station. The property was at the corner of Park Ave and Broadway, which is at the abandoned mezzanine end of the Flushing Ave station. The Flushing Ave station extends from Flusing Ave itself, east towards Myrtle, with the abandoned mezzanine near Park Street.
In fact, I believe I have found a photo of the Roger Theater taken in 1960. This building no longer exists at the Flusing Ave station, having been torn down many years ago.
Anyway, here’s a link to the photo of what I believe is the Rogers Theatre in 1960:

By 1969, when this photo linked below was taken, the Rogers Theater had been torn down. These photos below are taken from the exact same angle, in 1969 and 1970 respectively, and the building is gone:

The building was torn down sometime between 1960 and 1969.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on March 28, 2005 at 6:27 am

This building was a corner property. All of those property reports say no to corner lot. I don’t know why, but thats how it is. I could edit them before I post them here but I prefer not to. I post them exactly the way that I get them. If you look at the first line in the report, it reads “Block & Lot #: 03133 – 0001”. Well, lot number 0001 is the first lot on the block which would be a corner lot.

Astyanax
Astyanax on March 27, 2005 at 8:56 pm

This theatre was actually located midway between the Flushing & Myrtle Ave. stations on the Jamaica line el, further east on B'way from the Woodhull Hosp. site. The only theatre at the Flushing Ave. stop, was the Alba, not across the street, but directly on the current hospital site. Check listing for the Alba. The Rogers was actually on a corner lot, despite the listing above.

Bway
Bway on March 27, 2005 at 6:24 pm

This theater had to be located at the Flushing Ave station of the Broadway Elevated on the north side of Broadway across the street from Woodhull Hospital.

Lost Memory
Lost Memory on March 23, 2005 at 9:31 am

This theater can be changed to closed/demolished. The building located at this address was built in 1987. This theater was long gone by that time.

835 Broadway, Brooklyn, New York 11206

Block & Lot #: 03133 – 0001
Building Class: Store Building, One Story (K1)
School District: 14 map/schools
City Council District: 34
Police Precinct: 83 (Crime Statistics)
Political Contributions: search