Jackson Heights Cinema

40-31 82nd Street,
Jackson Heights, NY 11373

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on October 22, 2004 at 4:25 pm

I for one would boycott the theater if I still lived in NYC. I think this country is out of control with the Spanish issue. This is America and the Spanish population should realize that if they are going to live in the US they need to learn our language. You don’t see the French or Germans or any other foreign person asking that there language be spoken.

AndyT
AndyT on October 22, 2004 at 1:23 pm

Yes. it’s really terrible for someone to keep a theater running by placing sub-titles at the bottom of the screen. It must be “those people” sending secrets to “their people.” And get this … some of them don’t even look like us. They MUST be up to something. Certainly this couldn’t be a case of the millions of New Yorkers who speak Spanish having a pleasant evening out at the movies. Better watch out … the next thing they will be doing is paying taxes and keeping the city healthy!

longislandmovies
longislandmovies on October 22, 2004 at 5:23 am

lol/ only for your 1st week play nice

Divinity
Divinity on October 22, 2004 at 5:20 am

Darling, I always play nice.

Divinity
Divinity on October 22, 2004 at 3:51 am

Warren,
The owners must be doing something right since they are still doing good buisness with subtitles in Spanish. I wasnt aware that the subtitles block the entire screen and would cause patrons to go elsewhere. I for one will be attending since it will help me practice for my Spanish class next semester. Are you saying that it is inapprorriate to have subtitles since Spanish, a language spoken by most of the area residents, buisness owners and patrons of the theater. Perhaps you should suggest that subtitles be removed from theaters showing foreign films as well. At foreign film festivals we can all just sit around in the dark and guess what the actors are saying.

RobertR
RobertR on September 14, 2004 at 3:43 pm

I cant believe that the neighborhood gave the owners a problem about adding screens to the Plaza. That area needs improvement and movie patrons spend money in areas around the theatre in restaurants and shopping. Makes no sense.

br91975
br91975 on September 14, 2004 at 3:43 pm

The Jackson Triplex, the Plaza 1 & 2 in Corona, and the Ridgewood are the three properties of the Queen City mini-chain of theatres.

William
William on November 15, 2003 at 5:49 pm

The Jackson’s address is 40-31 82nd Street.