Loew's Paradise Theatre

2413 Grand Concourse,
Bronx, NY 10468

movieguy
movieguy on September 20, 2008 at 6:06 am

Looks like there is “TROUBLE IN PARADISE!” I was told in July that “There will be a BIG Schedule of shows for the fall”. I have called back 4 or 5 times since then and been told that “In a few weeks we will have the schedule up”

I even received a call back from the manager of the Paradise in response to one of my calls around Aug 22nd, promising the unavailing of the fall/winter schedule.

I hope that some events will be taking place at this Grand Movie Palace. However with the bad economic times that seems to be unlikley.

mahermusic
mahermusic on August 24, 2008 at 10:07 am

Something’s going on… (or NOT going on, for that matter.) Check out this listing on RipOffReport.com, a website about companies that don’t pay their employees:

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on August 17, 2008 at 9:47 am

So where’s the new schedule? A month has passed since it was promised for “tomorrow.”

movieguy
movieguy on July 16, 2008 at 7:22 pm

I talked to a rep at the box office today.He said that by tomorrow they will have a new schedule of shows. They will be some very big surprises in his words. See we will see hopefully they will offer some shows aimed at a more diverse population then the shows in the past.

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on July 11, 2008 at 5:32 am

A lot of people have been wondering about “The Paradise Theater,” but the person has never responded to queries about his/her connection, if any, with the management.

Luisana
Luisana on July 11, 2008 at 1:21 am

Thanx Warren! I emailed Mr. Lopes. I’m just waiting for a reply. Is the person under the name “The Paradise Theater” an employee or staff member?

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on July 7, 2008 at 10:50 am

Was the Trey Songz concert of 6/27/08 ever held? Today at the Ticketmaster website, there’s a Trey Songz concert at the Paradise marked “TBA,” which means “time to be announced.” Could that be a postponement of the 6/27/08 concert, or an additional booking? The Paradise’s own “official website” is still not operating. I wonder if a visit to the site would find a “For Sale or Rent” sign on display?

theINDUSTRYnyc
theINDUSTRYnyc on July 1, 2008 at 10:58 am

Luisana Do you have an email I can send you the information you requested.

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on July 1, 2008 at 6:01 am

You might try contacting Orlando Lopes, the director of the New York area chapter of Theatre Historical Society of America. His e-mail is

Luisana
Luisana on June 30, 2008 at 11:08 pm

Thanx Bear! I thought they would because the Loews Jersey theater does. Thanx Warren for your help. If I could only find a contact number.

beardbear31
beardbear31 on June 30, 2008 at 10:55 pm

yes they cater to weddings, as of the last time their website was functioning

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on June 30, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Luisana, before you do that, are you sure that they cater to weddings? I’ve never heard or read that they do. You might try phoning the Russian Tea Room in midtown Manhattan. I believe that it has a business connection with the Paradise, and might even be owned by the same people.

Luisana
Luisana on June 30, 2008 at 11:21 am

I’m going to have to swing by there to see if I see something. The site isn’t working and there is no contact info. Ahhh this sucks!

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on June 30, 2008 at 7:18 am

The photo number listed in the introduction is “not in service at this time.” I wonder if the Trey Songz concert scheduled for last Friday night was actually held? I haven’t seen any reviews of it yet.

Luisana
Luisana on June 30, 2008 at 2:21 am

Could someone please give me a contact number for the theatre. I’m getting married next year and would like to rent the place for this purpose. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on June 16, 2008 at 10:42 am

According to the internet, the Paradise will be presenting a “live” concert by Trey Songz on Friday night, June 27th, at 8:30 PM. Can’t wait!

theINDUSTRYnyc
theINDUSTRYnyc on June 5, 2008 at 7:13 am

The theater is going through changes. I believe this is why the site is temp. down

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on June 4, 2008 at 8:21 am

Any news on what’s happening here? The official website is still “out-of-order.”

roxy1927
roxy1927 on May 27, 2008 at 3:08 pm

The Paradise has a beautiful proscenium for movies and I would love to see cinemascope on that screen.
I thought they once were going to show WWS(though god knows that film needs a rest) with some of the cast members present.
Why would those involved not want to show movies there occasionally?
And the Jersey could use some help with their programming which at times can be strange though they have a good one coming up.

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on May 27, 2008 at 1:52 pm

How do we know that the Paradise has found “a formula for success?” Based on the limited number of bookings since the theatre re-opened, I would guess that it hasn’t.

mp775
mp775 on May 27, 2008 at 1:43 pm

It’s up to the theater’s management to program what it thinks will fill the seats. Since the Paradise has been open for more than two years now, the “narrow” scope of programming and the community the building serves must be a formula for success. We would love to see classic films up on the big screen all the time, but when was the last time you saw capacity crowds on a regular basis at the Loew’s Jersey? We theater and film buffs are in the minority, and it’s $60-a-seat live events that will ultimately pay the bills. We should be thankful this place is restored and not torn down or turned into another Modell’s or Marshall’s.

dave-bronx™
dave-bronx™ on May 22, 2008 at 9:42 am

That’s Bernie Williams, from the Yankee’s.

Warren G. Harris
Warren G. Harris on May 22, 2008 at 8:07 am

A film clip from a salsa stage show at the Paradise can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlof7MAiP9k

RobertR
RobertR on May 22, 2008 at 5:52 am

The theatres official web site seems to be down

jpietri
jpietri on May 21, 2008 at 9:23 pm

yes, that is so true.my grandmother’s sister lives in washington heights and my cousin went to see annie lennox.the overwhelming majority of people that attended she told me were not the local great unwashed uncultured declasse hoodrats that inhabit the neighborhood.I'am sorry they destroy everything they touch or every neighborhood they go to.fordam road and washington heights were beautiful neighborhoods when they were jewish.Thank god i do not come from those low class type of latinos.enuff said.the theater is not to far from yankee stadium(On the same subway line).So that is probably a great idea.I would love to see old movies being played there.like at the loews jersey.