Showing 151 - 175 of 771 comments
In 2009, the Washington Theatre Preservation Society is seeking to purchase the building and register it as a landmark. Owner Marco Matteo believes this step will allow the theater to prosper.
Nothing at this address (50 Dalton Street) resembles a cinema either in the interior or exterior. The building is currently leased to the Summer Shack, a restaurant and billiards hall which features a smashing Salmon burger.
2009 photos of the Leavitt Theatre: 1, 2, 3
Here and here are 2009 photos of the Gramercy.
Here is a 2008 photo of the former Bayne Theatre.
The Rivoli was located on Mulberry Street and East Jackson approximately one quarter of a mile from the Strand. Here is a 1930 photo of the Strand.
The historic 1938 Strand Theatre now presents a variety of live performances throughout the year and showcases the work of local artists and those of interest to the local community.
GCC ran a quad on this site in 1983 know as the Naugatuck 1-4. It is a good chance this cinema started off as a twin or triple with one of the auditoriums later split to expand the number screens to four.
Here are 2008 photos of what remains of the Jumpers Cinema: 1, 2, 3
The theate has reopened as the Emma Kelly Performing Arts Centre.
Here is an archive photo of the Russell Theatre and here is an archive photo of the East Point Theatre.
Here is an archive photo of the Fairfax Theatre.
Here are 2009 photos of the Rosslyn Spectrum Theatre: 1, 2, 3
Here are 2009 photos of the Regal Countryside Cinema: 1, 2
The original theatre was located in the general vicinity of where Target is now (11160 Viers Mill Rd). This Bernheimer theatre opened in 1962 as a single screen venue, designed by Edmund Dreyfuss, with a seating capacity of 590. Two additional screens were added on or around 1973 bringing the total seating capacity to 1,513. The theatre was demolished in 1986 and a new P & G seven screen cinema, designed by the Collins & Kronstadt-Leahy, and Hogan architectural group opened just south of the original theatre at 2300 Shorefield Road. The theatre was expanded to eleven screens in 1990.
The Montgomery Cinema and Drafthouse closed after only being in operation less than a year.
Here are 2009 and archive photos of the former Newton Theatre: 1, 2, 3
Here are 2008 photos of the Kimball Theatre: 1, 2, 3, 4
Here are 2008 photos of what remains of the Tivoli: 1, 2, 3
The Sterling Park Cinemaâ€™s address is 421 South Sterling Blvd, Sterling, VA 20164. The architectural firm which designed it was Walton and Associates. Here are January 2009 photos of what remains of the cinema: 1, 2, 3
Here are 2008 photos of what remains of the former City Cinemas: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Is this it?
Here is both an archive and 2008 photos of the former Home Theatre: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Here and here are night photos from August 2008 of the Regal Riviera.