Showing 201 - 225 of 826 comments
RCA “Old Style” junction box holding two Reed brand speakers.
Here is a link to a picture of the Ritz/Beaver theater:
That link to the black & white photo is now bad.
Looks like an Orcon brand xenon lamphouse. Projector might be a Simplex E-7.
The exact address for the theater is 301 and 303 4th Avenue East, Olympia, Wash. 98501
The theater has a fire sprinkler system installed throughout the building.
kateymac01: the newspaper link is now dead.
This photo shows the north parking lot which faces Martin Way.
Makes it more like your living room now. Complete with television commercials too. No more reason to go to a theater. The studios will try to cut out theaters altogether and release straight to homes.
The middle Strong Super Lume-x xenon lamphouse is part of a Bell & Howell 16mm xenon conversion. It was there only for a two day show of a 16mm movie.
There is a parking lot now where the Weir Theater used to stand.
The picture shows Reed brand speakers on the post.
Boxoffice magazine did a story about the theater being remodeled in their January 8, 1949 issue:
Terraserver aerial picture:
Link to an aerial photo of the Lacey drive-in taken in 1957.
Aerial picture of the theater in 1957. This was long before the Tumwater High School was built across the street from the theater. Here is the link:
1949 to 1951 Berg & Miller owned the theater.
1951 to 1954 United Drive-ins owned the theater.
1954 to 1977 The Zabel family owned the theater.
1977 to 1986 Tom Moyer’s Luxury Theatres owned the theater.
The Rodeo 3 Drive-in Theater in Port orchard/Bremerton, Washington is an excellent theater. They have digital sound and very bright, clear pictures on all three screens. Coupled with reasonable prices, excellent food, and they even have a fully functioning playground for the kids.
Eprad “Co-Operator” automation unit controlled the projectors.
This ad was from March 2, 1937.
May 6, 1950 issue of Boxoffice magazine profiles the theater’s seating, auditorium, and artwork on the walls.
February 25 to March 6, 1937 the theater was closed for repairs/remodeling due to a previous small fire in mid February 1937. Then came the big fire of April 24, 1937.
Boxoffice magazine covered the opening in their December 3, 1949 issue:
There is a typo in the theater phone number listed here on CT. The correct number is 360.426.4707