Showing 1 - 25 of 305 comments
Theatre opened in 1914 and could have been designed by John Eberson.Renovations were done in 1930’s and it reopened on 5 Sep 1936.
Opened 30 Apr 1947.
According to articles on Toronto theatres this was demolished in the 1980’s.Google maps indicate the theatre is no longer there.
Information on the internet states the architect was William Ellis and it opened on 7 Oct 1929.
There is an interior photo of the theatre in American Theatres of Today Volume One page 83.
Architect was John Eberson.
John Eberson appears to be the original architect of this theatre.
The original fire curtain is most certainly still there.
Restored and reopened as live theatre on 19 May 2015.
Architect was Alvin Strauss.
Architects were Jacoby and Weishampel.
Opened 25 March 1925 with 712 seats.Architect was William R Wheeler.Closed May 1952.
Opened 11 October 1927.
The top photo in the article submitted by Joe Vogel is actually the Palace Theatre Louisville.
Alterations to theatre in 1950 by John and Drew Eberson.
The Wurlitzer organ from this theatre was installed in the Regent Theatre Melbourne in the mid 1990’s.
Opened 25 Dec 1937.
Opened 23 Sep 1930.
Opened 14 April 1927.
Theatre closed Sep 1967.
Opened 27 Aug 1922 and closed 27 Sep 1957.
Opened 24 March 1927.
Opened 1938 and closed 1984.
Closed 1961 and demolished 1962.