Comments from BRADE48

BRADE48 commented about Regent Theatre on Sep 4, 2014 at 5:49 pm

THEATRE IS STILL OPEN per the Landmark theatres website and Facebook. They have a indie Animated film HENRY & ME opening Friday the 5th, THE ROOM this Saturday at Midnite. A new cult film FATEFUL ENDINGS Friday Sept 12 @ Midnite and One Time Showing of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Sunday afternoon the 14th. There are no listings for today they Indonesia Film Festival 3rd and 4th.

BRADE48 commented about Regency Bruin Theatre on May 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm

The double booking between Regency and iPic Westwood is not for everything. X-Men opens Friday at the Bruin only, not the iPic. It looks like the only studios so far to allow this is WB and Sony.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Santa Monica theater upgrades could touch Laemmle too on May 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I think the Laemmle will end up closing if BOTH Arclights happen. The Broadway cinemas are pretty much gone. I’d say a year from now it will be closed. I would say the AMC7 will close soon after because everyone would prefer to go the NEW THEATRE.

BRADE48 commented about Regency Village Theatre on May 5, 2014 at 3:32 pm

It looks like it could work out better for Regency after all. They are not stuck with long engagements and will keep the bookings fresh as you said. Even though Westwood is working on an upswing I doubt there will be any other new theatres built there. I think the idea is to keep it a village and not the monster it was in the 70’s and 80’s. Along with the Regent and Crest there are enough screens in Westwood. Too bad the Festival could not be utilized again.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Santa Monica theater upgrades could touch Laemmle too on May 5, 2014 at 11:31 am

It is complete overkill to have 2 Arclights in Santa Monica.

BRADE48 commented about iPIC Westwood on Apr 25, 2014 at 6:20 pm

iPIC Westwood has opened.

This is what they are now showing. They are booking day/date with Regency Village and Bruin.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2D (PG13) 7:00PM 10:15PM Divergent (PG13) 4:15PM 7:45PM Draft Day (PG13) 6:30PM 9:45PM Muppets Most Wanted (PG) 9:15PM Transcendence (PG13) 5:30PM 8:45PM

BRADE48 commented about Regency Village Theatre on Apr 25, 2014 at 6:19 pm

iPIC (formerly AMC AVCO) has opened. They are booking day/date with Regency. Both are showing Trancendence, both are getting Spiderman 2 and Godzilla (day/date) in May.

BRADE48 commented about iPIC Westwood on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I wonder how Ipic will be booked. I’m thinking the could book day and date with the Village on some engagements. It has been a while since I took Wilshire into Westwood. I’m assuming this will open later this year.

BRADE48 commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Interesting…I did not know they booked the Chinese also. Both Arclight HW and Chinese seem to be co-existing with same bookings.

BRADE48 commented about AMC Santa Monica 7 on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I would assume this will be the last year the Broadway 4 Theatres will be in business. A dine in Theatre could be the only way AMC7 would stay open. Arclight SM would be the promenent theatre in SM and would really eat away at the competition.

BRADE48 commented about AMC Santa Monica 7 on Jan 14, 2014 at 11:16 am

I recieved this e-mail this morning.

As a valued ArcLight Member, you are among the first to hear the exciting news we just announced. ArcLight Santa Monica at the Santa Monica Place will be our newest LA-based ArcLight Cinemas and is slated to open in the spring of 2015.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Cinemas on Oct 1, 2013 at 11:35 am

I hate IMAX as much as I hate 3D. Throw in dinner service and you really piss me off. The Chinese theatre is DEAD to me.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Cinemas on Sep 30, 2013 at 9:37 pm

The Cinerama Dome and the Chinese main theatre are both getting Gravity this Friday. Looks like the Chinese can book IMAX same time a film is at the Dome. I know Terminator Salvation was at the Chinese and Arclight at the same time, but not in the Dome.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Cinemas on Jun 18, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Arclight Hollywood appears to be having a French Film Fest in August.

Pierrot le fou – Aug 4 in the CINERAMA DOME

Band of Outsiders Aug 6

Breathless Aug 8

Amelie Aug 18 -in the CINERAMA DOME

All in 35MM

In Addition, Enter the Dragon July 21st at the DOME

BRADE48 commented about Bay Theatre on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I grew up in Santa Monica and remember going to this theatre once in a while. The last time I was there was in 1977 for a Double Feature of Islands in the Stream and Fun with Dick and Jane, both of which I remember seeing First Run at the National Westwood.

BRADE48 commented about Studio 28 on Apr 12, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I had the great pleasure of spending 10 days in Paris last month. My hotel; “Hotel des arts montmartre” was across the road 20 feet away from this beautiful theatre. Very small, but comfy cinema. It is the oldest theatre in Paris I was told. I became so frequent that the cashier tried to sell me a Frequent Patron Card. I wish I could be a frequent patron…maybe I will. The 2 new “night” pics I just added.

BRADE48 commented about Crest Theatre on Apr 12, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Very nice. Looks like it will return to MAJESTIC and not BIGFOOT.

BRADE48 commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Sad News. It was bad enough they were changing to stadium seating NOW IMAX is the final nail in the coffin. Film exhibition is really going down the toilet.

BRADE48 commented about Americana Theater on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:57 am

Mann never operated this theatre, Pacific Theatres did.

BRADE48 commented about Sundance Cinemas Sunset 5 on Feb 25, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I walked up to see Amour this Saturday evening. First visit as the Sundance Cinemas. The theatres are very nice, the improvements work well and I found the experience quite pleasing.

BRADE48
BRADE48 commented about Renovations loom for the TCL Chinese Theatre on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:42 pm

It took a while but they will end up ruining the theatre after all. They will go through all these renovations at they will still show crappy movies. Looks like the Chinese theatre is officially dead.

BRADE48 commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Jan 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Upgrades and maintaining means nothing if the theatre is poorly booked. It will remain iconic but the lack of “A” titles makes it seem less attractive. They need to get a major chain to book it, or double book with Arclight.

BRADE48 commented about AMC Criterion 6 on Dec 28, 2012 at 3:32 pm

This is the one screen in SM that should remain open. The AMC7 and the BROADWAY 4 are awful. Maybe SM should have less screens, it is probably the boost Westwood needs.

BRADE48 commented about La Jolla Village Cinemas on Dec 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm

The AMC will probably close or become a 2nd run theatre.

BRADE48 commented about AMC Dine-In Theatres Marina 6 on Dec 3, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’m never going to be convinced this is a good thing. I hate interuptions and talking during films. IMO this will never replace Arclight as far as quality in film exhibition. Common…Really? If this is the future of Cinema then I am going to quit going. AMC is killing film exhibition. They are the worst.