Showing 5 comments
Restored “Purple” cinema 2015
Site of original “Blue” cinema
It is now open as a six-screen cinema – the “Purple” room has been authentically restored. It is now the “New Farm Six Cinemas” complex.
There is much activity in this building at the moment and the new owners have plans to re-build onto the back part of the building that had to be demolished for safety reasons.
The Cosy Cinema ceased to oparate when the Regal Cinema in Westgate opened in 1938. The piano that was used for the silent pictures in the Cosy was housed for many years behing the screen in the Regal until it was in turn closed in the 1960’s