Comments from davidstirzaker

Showing 11 comments

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about Art Cinema on Nov 9, 2014 at 6:42 am

I am from Fleetwood too. I saw “A Night to Remember” there as well as a Doris Day film.

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about O2 Apollo Manchester on Jul 23, 2014 at 12:31 pm

It was a Wimpey Bar in my time during the late 60’s

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Eccles on Jun 13, 2014 at 12:57 am

Doug, I have that one too!

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Wythenshawe on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:29 am

It certainly had a Wurlitzer organ. I was assistant/relief manager here in 1969. When I see Brief Encounter again I shall see if I recognise the site.

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Oldham on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:55 am

I spent my last days with ABC there in 1969/70

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Blackpool on Feb 10, 2013 at 5:10 am

As a little boy I lived in Fleetwood and was taken to the old Hippodrome to see David Whitfield.

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Eccles on Jun 19, 2012 at 6:21 am

Hi Doug – Contact me via my e-mail –

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about O2 Apollo Manchester on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:06 am

and the district number was J14.

The Beatles did indeed play there and Pathe News either did their first colour newsreel or cinemascope ratio for that concert

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about O2 Apollo Manchester on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

ABC Ardwick used to be the District Office for the Manchester area

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Eccles on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:00 am

Jimmy Gold made me the offer of becoming his house mananger at the new ABC Leeds. I turned it down and subsequently left ABC in April 1970. But I have always tresasured my memories.

davidstirzaker
davidstirzaker commented about ABC Eccles on Jul 21, 2011 at 7:58 am

Just came across this website by chance. I worked at the ABC Eccles and many others in the Manchester area during the late 60’s. I did not know I still have dgcarter’s cufflinks.