Comments from dorholub

Showing 3 comments

dorholub
dorholub commented about Liberty Theatre on May 26, 2011 at 6:50 pm

The building has three floors and a basement. Second floor is more of the retail store, but you can still see the risers on the wall for the balcony seating. Third floor has the rest of the balcony seats, the projection room is intact. The projectors were removed, but are still in the county.

dorholub
dorholub commented about Rex Theatre on Oct 29, 2007 at 4:21 am

The Rex Theatre was the fourth theatre in Graham. The building housing the theatre was built in 1895 on the North side of the Graham square. The Rex Theatre had its first showing in the spring of 1923 and was out of business by 1924. Wallace Sloan bought the building which housed the Rex Theatre in the spring of 1924 to put in a first class picture show. He tore the front of the building out and installed a modern front into the building. Graham records never show that the Rex Theatre was burned. The building that housed the Rex Theatre is still in Graham.

Dorman Holub
Chairman, Young County Historical Commission

dorholub
dorholub commented about Palace Theater on Jan 9, 2007 at 4:16 am

Actually, The Palace Theatre and Sign was origially in Graham, Texas. W.J. Wilke sold The Palace Theatre to H. Server Leon in 1946. The movie theatre tycoon, H. Server Leon moved The Palace Theatre projectors, seats, screen and sign to Spur in 1946 into the current theatre building.

H. Server Leon had many theatres in the area, including Rule, Aspermont, Stamford and Haskell.

Dorman Holub
Chairman, Young County Historical Commission
Graham, TX