Showing 1 comment
Some corrections to the information on the Bailey Theatre…
It opened on February 23, 1910 as the David Theatre, built by Camille David. It was the only movie theatre in Camrose until the Kam Theatre opened in 1948. The Kam is now a night club.
Stan Bailey bought the David Theatre in 1916, but the name remained the David Theatre until major renovations took place in about 1920 and the name changed to the Bailey Theatre.
In late 2007 the Bailey Theatre Society was revived after a former Camrose resident pledged $2.5-million towards the restoration. Restoration started in the fall of 2008.
When completed the Bailey Theatre will seat 401 people. With loose seating on the flat floor of the auditorium the theatre will also be used for dinner theatre, and like in its past, dances.
To follow the progress go to www.BaileyTheatre.com