Comments from efriedmann

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Movie theater snacks more varied at theaters abroad on Feb 24, 2011 at 7:29 am

This is starting to sound like the opening conversation in PULP FICTION.

efriedmann commented about Roslyn Cinemas on Feb 18, 2011 at 1:04 pm

This theater was used in THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP (1982).

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Traditional 3D glasses not chic enough for you? Armani can fix that on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:50 am

Just what I needed – ANOTHER reason to find today’s movies more ridiculous!

efriedmann commented about Decatur theater dumps 3D on Jan 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

Oops! I spelled gimmicks wrong!

efriedmann commented about Decatur theater dumps 3D on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Kirk, why would you really want to be “put in the picture”??? The whole point of a good film is to WATCH and experience it from a viewer’s perspective. To “be in it” might as well be real life, and it’s just that – real life – that many try to get away from with a good story on the screen.

STUPID GIMICS DO NOT MAKE BETTER FILMS!

efriedmann commented about Decatur theater dumps 3D on Jan 18, 2011 at 10:40 am

I sincerely hope this is a first step in finally burying this bullsh*t 3D craze once and for all!

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Changing Ways of Seeing Movies on Dec 13, 2010 at 7:51 am

Going to the movies has been dead for me for nearly a year. Not since AVATAR in January 2010, have I been to the movies for myself, and the reasons are just as described in The Star article. People have become so incredibly rude and inconsiderate with their mindless gadgets of masturbation that I have chosen to just stay out of the theaters whenever possible. The tragedy here is that I used to be quite a moviegoer. I feel as if one of my greatest leisurely pleasures was ripped away from me by a bunch of mindless mornons and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it except stay withing the private confinements of my own living room!

efriedmann commented about Happy Thanksgiving!!! on Nov 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Yes, the last two aren’t that great. But if you grew up in New York or New Jersey during the late ‘70s and early '80s, you’d know just how much of a Thanksgiving viewing tradition they are.

efriedmann commented about Happy Thanksgiving!!! on Nov 29, 2010 at 9:53 am

Some great stuff to watch during the Thanksgiving holiday:

• A CHARLIE BROWN THANKSGIVING
  • PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES
  • MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947)
  • KING KONG (1933)
  • KING KONG VS. GODZILLA
  • MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1949)
efriedmann commented about Hampton Arts Cinema on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:36 pm

That marquee was down all summer and still is! What the hell is going on???

efriedmann commented about Happy 50th, "Spartacus" on Oct 7, 2010 at 8:42 am

Stanley Kubrick is my favorite all-time director. As much as I love SPARTACUS, this was definitely his most “non-Kubrick” film, as everything about the way it was made was strictly by Hollywood’s standards and not Kubrick’s own levels of artistic integrity. No wonder he left the United States after making this film.

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about AMC Theaters to present "Back to the Future" at two performances in October on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Be sure to read my blog posts on the entire BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy at www.mymoviesmywords.blogspot.com

Thanks!

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Summer BO down 6% from last year on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I used to be an addict when it came to going to the movies. This summer, the only film I saw was TOY STORY 3 with my little boy. I haven’t been to a grown up film for myself since AVATAR last January. What does that tell you???

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Summer BO down 6% from last year on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Perhaps movie audiences are finally wising up and deciding that they’re not going to allow themselves to get screwed anymore!

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Nokia Theatre, nee Astor Plaza, to be renamed the Best Buy Theatre on Aug 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I saw ASIA perform there in 2006.

efriedmann commented about 3-D boom going bust? on Aug 4, 2010 at 12:59 pm

Thanks, vic1964. Please feel free to make your comment on the blog. Comments makes the blog look better.

efriedmann commented about 3-D boom going bust? on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:34 am

By the way, please take a moment to read my post for AVATAR and the theatrical 3D experience on my movie blog…

www.mymoviesmywords.blogspot.com

I appreciate your comments. Thanks.

efriedmann commented about 3-D boom going bust? on Aug 4, 2010 at 11:32 am

Gimmicks do NOT make better films. They’re just gimmicks!

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Avatar re-release date set on Jul 16, 2010 at 11:17 am

Do they give out awards for the Greatest-Waste-of-Time-and-Money-on-a-movie-that’s-already-been-on-screen-and-DVD????

Gimme a f*ckin' break!!!

efriedmann commented about "Jaws"... Happy 35th! on Jun 23, 2010 at 7:25 am

I managed to see JAWS on screen only once – in 1997 during a special one-night-only screening at Radio City Music Hall. This may have been 22 years overdue for me, but man, what a screen to see it on!

efriedmann commented about "Jaws"... Happy 35th! on Jun 21, 2010 at 8:20 am

I was denied seeing JAWS in the theater by my parents when I was a kid. I saw it for the first time (edited) on the ABC Sunday Night Movie in 1979. In honor of that, take a look at this…

efriedmann commented about AMC lowers 3-D prices on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:51 am

Any $20 movie ticket that I am ever insane enough to pay for had better come with a couple of drinks and a blwjb included in the price!

…I’m just saying…

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Thirty-five years ago, when the fin broke through the water... on May 17, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Let us all pray for a 35th anniversary theatrical re-release!!!

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Enjoy 'Iron Man 2' on May 7 by avoiding "Fake IMAX" on May 6, 2010 at 1:15 pm

So DreamWorks films are no longer to be shown on HBO and Cinemax?

efriedmann
efriedmann commented about Enjoy 'Iron Man 2' on May 7 by avoiding "Fake IMAX" on May 5, 2010 at 10:04 am

I never heard of EPIX until today. Just what we need, ANOTHER pay cable channel in the days of affordable DVDs.