Comments from fbuckie

Showing 10 comments

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about God and Country Theatres on Jul 13, 2014 at 1:56 am

This theatre originally opened as a twin back in maybe 1975. I remember watching a kids movie then going over to Jaws while waiting for my dad’s shift to end (he was a projectionist there before we moved).

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Nova 6 Cinemas on May 29, 2014 at 10:53 am

This theatre is now closed.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Grand 16 on Sep 24, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Two additional auditoriums were added and it is now The Grand 16.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Marketplace Cinema 12 on Mar 12, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Originally opened by O'Neil. Later sold to Lone Star.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Multi-screen movie theater to open at Christiana Mall on Oct 8, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Not a Regal, but a Cinemark.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Charles I-II-III on Jan 28, 2011 at 2:38 am

A couple of corrections to the above information and the information on the KPLC link. Lake Charles had Hurricane Rita, not Katrina. The theatre was open after Rita, but the last operator had to shut down when his weekday business never came back after the hurricane.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Galleria 6 Cinemas on Mar 30, 2009 at 9:43 pm

Well my memory is not giving me a good definite time frame, but I believe it was 1988 when the two additional screens were added. I remember ‘Caddyshack 2’ and ‘The Dead Pool’ playing in #5, but nothing else before them.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about AMC Westroads 14 on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Opening date was 11/14/08

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Cinemark Egyptian 24 and XD on Mar 20, 2009 at 2:26 am

This theatre is now a Cinemark theatre.

fbuckie
fbuckie commented about Noland Fashion Cinema on Mar 7, 2009 at 2:06 am

This is a six screen theatre, not an eight screen theatre.