Comments from Jameselliot

Showing 7 comments

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about Harem Theatre in NYC? on Sep 6, 2014 at 12:34 am

This is Francine Walker from the Melody in the 1970s. Anyone remember her? This is the first photo I’ve seen of her since those years. I don’t know why I can’t activate the link so copy and paste it into another tab.

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about Harem Theatre in NYC? on Jul 16, 2014 at 9:34 pm

http://www.burlesquebabesshop.com/ This site looks interesting. I never saw it before. Godrey, I couldn’t find the Harmony page on Facebook.

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about Harem Theatre in NYC? on Sep 28, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Hi Godfrey, I hadn’t checked the site in a few months. Thanks for your recollections. I’ll try Facebook.

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about Harem Theatre in NYC? on Sep 23, 2012 at 2:49 pm

In my teens, I used to go to the Melody and the Harmony in the 70s, usually on Saturday. I remember seeing Francine Walker, Helen Bedd, Patty Wayne (“The Girl Who Rocked Wall Street”), Brandy Stevens and Monica Kennedy. I had a massive for Francine. Now and then I wonder what happened to them. Does anyone here remember those names?

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about BAM Harvey Theater on Oct 23, 2007 at 10:59 pm

Those are astounding photographs.

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about BAM Harvey Theater on Sep 1, 2007 at 11:55 pm

In 70 and 71 I spent some enjoyable Saturday afternoons watching triple features, mainly grindhouse horror movies. This section of Fulton street was already in severe decay. The Majestic at this point had the seedy, creepy atmosphere perfect for this kind of movie. Thanks to Lost Memory for the picture.

Jameselliot
Jameselliot commented about Culver Theatre on Jun 30, 2007 at 9:27 pm

I lived on Ditmas Avenue with my family from 1960-67. My brother and I went to the Culver’s horror triple features on many saturday afternoons. Boy, did that theater have some tough, white-uniformed matrons patrolling the aisles with their flashlights, on the look-out for JD’s and other assorted punks. Very cherished memories. James