Comments from Kris4077

Kris4077 commented about Wonga 3 Drive-In on Feb 25, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Is this Drive-In still open? This article says it closed in 2011! http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/drive-in-folds-after-final-film/898440/ Does anyone have an update? Because if its closed it needs to be changed to closed!

Kris4077 commented about Vail Mills Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:38 pm

1969 Arial: http://www.historicaerials.com/api/img-server.php?op=fetchHistoricPhotograph&bbox=-74.2236113794618,43.0509526675304,-74.2072699251157,43.0346112131843&year=1969&stamp=true

Kris4077 commented about Vail Mills Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Arial photo here: http://www.newyorkdriveins.com/mohawkvalleyregion/vailmills/vailmillsaerial1995.jpg

Article on original screen fire: http://www.newyorkdriveins.com/mohawkvalleyregion/vailmills/vailmillsfire1950.gif

Kris4077 commented about Super 50 Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Super 50 Drive in was twinned somewhere along its history. The land now houses a storage facility and I believe a hardware store, the hardware store was built as a discount beverage center which later closed down, most likely because the are the Drive-In was located is still rural. They named the road going into the storage area Super 50 Way. I have pictures somewhere of the lot and consession stand which was all that was left when I visited the sight in the late 1990’s. When I locate them I will scan them and upload them. This drive-In had a plaground one of the photo’s I took was of a swing, it looked kind of like a horse with grips on either side of the head, I remember similar ones at the Vail Mills D-I in Broadalbin.

Kris4077 commented about Tryon Theatre on Oct 22, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I believe all of the buildings pictured were torn down to make way new lanes on route 5.

Kris4077 commented about Amenia Drive-In on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Now this is just what we need here in eastern NC, maybe someday I will have a piece of land big enough to build on around this size. For now I will just concentrate on my Ideas for portable D-I’s.

Kris4077 commented about Palace Theatre on Oct 21, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Palace is a definite fit for this theater, it is truly like a Palace, it is palacial in size and decore. I think it sad to see not only theaters but all manor of old buildings in such states of disrepair and neglect, instead of preserving the buildings of this era of time we just let them rot away. It is such a shame we could have so many more beautiful examples such as proctors, but through selfishness and greed we let them deteriorate until we cannot save them.

Kris4077 commented about Commack Multiplex Cinemas on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:05 pm

I find it really interesting when a 15 screen multiplex is bulldozed, most newer multiplexes aren’t much more than 15 screens. What would make it more interesting is if they bulldozed it to build a single screen D-I.

Kris4077 commented about Border Drive-In on Oct 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Wouldn’t you know it now a housing development, and they named the new road “Drive-In Way”, somtimes I think they do this to tease us Drive-In lovers. I think if it is going to be redeveloped they should do it without a trace of there ever being a Drive-In Theater there.

Kris4077 commented about Airport Drive-In on Oct 18, 2013 at 5:01 pm

OOH a cheerleader double feature!!!!

Kris4077 commented about Circle Autoscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Why re all the autoscopes listed as 1 Screen?

Kris4077 commented about Urbana Multiscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Check out this website with some pictures Of the Tri-Circle Autoscope Drive-In in washington, which is on CT, just search for Tri-Circle. They are awesome http://www.film-tech.com/ubbpics/ubb672.html

Kris4077 commented about Circle Autoscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Kris4077 commented about Tri-Circle Theatre on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Check out this website with some pictures Of the Tri-Circle Autoscope Drive-In they are awesome http://www.film-tech.com/ubbpics/ubb672.html

Kris4077 commented about Urbana Multiscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Occasionally when looking at satellite photos of drive ins I see one with a more rounded shape as oposed to the mor common triangular shape. I wonder if these might have been Autoscopes, Because I have seen satellite photos of a converted autoscope wich was round but had the ramps and a single screen on one end. Of course some Autoscopes were probably plowed under and rebuilt into a more traditional D-I. Just some food for thought when looking at satellite photos or historical arials of old D-I locations. You might also look for a more rounded concession stand. It sure would be nice to find out how many existed, alas we will probably never now.

Kris4077 commented about Circle Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 3:57 pm

They should do some fundrasing and restore the back of that screen, it would be a big attraction to the area.

Kris4077 commented about Airdrome Theater on Oct 15, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Wasn’t the Airdome an open air theater, I believe their is somthing about it in Don & Susan Sanders “American Drive-In Movie Theater”

Kris4077 commented about Sharon Drive-In on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:12 pm

This is a shortcut to the picture itself http://users.ece.gatech.edu/mleach/abbeville/oldschool/Sharon_Drive_In.jpg

Kris4077 commented about Sharon Drive-In on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:10 pm

Check out this website has picture of Sharon Drive In with screen and snack bar. http://users.ece.gatech.edu/mleach/abbeville/oldschool/index.html

Kris4077 commented about County Drive-In on Oct 8, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Sometimes I feel like standing in a walmart parking lot and screaming “why” at the top of my lungs.

Kris4077 commented about Pilot Drive-In on Sep 27, 2013 at 5:32 pm

So what your saying here is after it died a funeral home came in and buried it, I guess thats fitting. Its alot better than being buried by a walmart!!!!

Kris4077 commented about Skyline Drive-In on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:55 am

Are you sure this closed in the 70’s the marquee above says “imzy PG” what we can make out of the movie title, I am guessing but maybe “The Last Mimzy” That would put closing after 2000. Probably not though I am just dreaming.

Kris4077 commented about Pioneer Theatre on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:34 am

Somewhere I saw a picture of this theater before manteo went crazy and went all colonial, I wish I could find it. It was neat it had a marquee and a ticket booth. I will look for it then see if I can get permission to post it.

Kris4077 commented about Madison Drive-In on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:25 am

I found a D-I at 135 Theater Road which parallels hwy 220, looks like concession stand and ramps are still there.

Kris4077 commented about Starlite Drive-In on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:21 am

Dive-In? Chuck I think you created a new name for a bad Drive-In. Of course in my opinion there all good Drive-Ins, even if it has a sheet nailed between 2 trees, and a man cooking burgers on a grill. Nothing beats a movie under the stars. I found nothing at or near this address on Google either, it must have been demolished soon after it closed.