Comments from Kris4077

Kris4077
Kris4077 commented about Earl Davenports Drive-In and Landing Strip on Oct 30, 2014 at 11:37 am

I am told there was also an indoor theater in Creswell so far have not found any info or pictures of this theater. This theater was located near the Drive-In Theater.

Kris4077
Kris4077 commented about Earl Davenports Drive-In and Landing Strip on Oct 30, 2014 at 11:35 am

Does anyone have any info on this theater? Is it listed in any theater catalogs? It had a landing strip, was there a row for airplanes? Any information would br great.

Kris4077 commented about Altwood Drive-In on Oct 28, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Maybe there were 2 drive-in theaters on this road either at the same time or maybe different times. I’ve tried searching on google but have not come up with any evidence. But I do see the remnants of the ramps at 291.

Kris4077 commented about Ahoskie Drive-In on Oct 22, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Route 42 and 1106 on Google maps you can still see the ramps and maybe the remnants of a marquee. If the maps are accurate and nothing has built their yet this one with alot of work could be active again.

Kris4077 commented about Ahoskie Drive-In on Oct 22, 2014 at 12:11 pm

@canibfrankwithyou: What did you do with the projection equipment?

Kris4077
Kris4077 commented about Halsted Twin Outdoor Theatre on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:38 am

This concept may have worked if all for screens came from one projector, then there would not have been any need for the projectionist to strike. If they could have taken the Cinema 360 concept with a screen for every car and scaled it down to four screens.

Kris4077 commented about Columbia Theater on Jul 2, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I was told by a lady at the museum when the Columbia Theater Cultural Resources Center acquired the theater the roof had caved in from all the years being vacant. The interior has been mostly remodeled, it has been completely opened up, the floor has been leveled,the conscession stand,and stage removed. There is now a walkway that ramps upward to spaces above, it is a partial second floor open to below were the museum displays are layed out. It looks as though there was a balcony in this theater which is still partialy there along with some rooms behind the balcony, I assume this was the projection booth, they now have large windows that look out on the museum. An interesting not with this theater is that it had a seperate entrance for people of color if you look at the street view above you can see the entrance opening with the marquee above it if you look imediatly left you can see another opening without a marquee over it in this opening there is a single door and a ticket booth window This was the colored entrance. I assume that when it was a theater that the inside was seperated also the balcony was probably for colored people and I am sure the was seperate bathrooms.

Kris4077 commented about Drive-In Cinema on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:30 pm

I am currently a ministry student and I am currently working to start a mobile theater ministry, Which I hope to grow to someday include some Drive-In theaters and Indoor Theaters. They will only show movies with a clear biblical message.

Kris4077 commented about Drive-In Cinema on Jun 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm

This Theater was associated with Rev. Terry and Olive Little who also ran the Devils Lake Drive-In in Manitou Beach, MI. Which is also on Cinema Treasures. Although they have passed away and Both theaters are now closed their ministry lives on as a mobile theater ministry which was started with the proceeds from the sale of this theater, their website is:

I sure would like to see some pictures of this Theater

Kris4077 commented about St. Thomas Drive-In on May 9, 2014 at 1:18 pm

And one for St. Thomas http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=757&dat=19700302&id=ZLhNAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xUQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2472,3854292

Kris4077 commented about St. Thomas Drive-In on May 9, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Here is and article for the St. Croix Drive-In Theater http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=757&dat=19681030&id=g4VOAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ekcDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5190,3920753

Kris4077 commented about St. Thomas Drive-In on May 9, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Heres another one about a foreclosure on both the St. Croix and St. Thomas Drive-In theaters so they must have been built if the bank was foreclosing on them https://www.courtlistener.com/vid/8PtF/bank-of-nova-scotia-v-st-croix-drive-in-theatre/

Kris4077 commented about St. Thomas Drive-In on May 9, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I found this on the internet it is St. Croix it is about a hearing for permission to build a drive in there it is interesting http://openjurist.org/479/f2d/350/kramer-v-government-of-virgin-islands

Kris4077 commented about Wonga 3 Drive-In on Feb 25, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Is this Drive-In still open? This article says it closed in 2011! http://www.gympietimes.com.au/news/drive-in-folds-after-final-film/898440/ Does anyone have an update? Because if its closed it needs to be changed to closed!

Kris4077 commented about Vail Mills Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:38 pm

1969 Arial: http://www.historicaerials.com/api/img-server.php?op=fetchHistoricPhotograph&bbox=-74.2236113794618,43.0509526675304,-74.2072699251157,43.0346112131843&year=1969&stamp=true

Kris4077 commented about Vail Mills Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Arial photo here: http://www.newyorkdriveins.com/mohawkvalleyregion/vailmills/vailmillsaerial1995.jpg

Article on original screen fire: http://www.newyorkdriveins.com/mohawkvalleyregion/vailmills/vailmillsfire1950.gif

Kris4077 commented about Super 50 Drive-In on Oct 23, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Super 50 Drive in was twinned somewhere along its history. The land now houses a storage facility and I believe a hardware store, the hardware store was built as a discount beverage center which later closed down, most likely because the are the Drive-In was located is still rural. They named the road going into the storage area Super 50 Way. I have pictures somewhere of the lot and consession stand which was all that was left when I visited the sight in the late 1990’s. When I locate them I will scan them and upload them. This drive-In had a plaground one of the photo’s I took was of a swing, it looked kind of like a horse with grips on either side of the head, I remember similar ones at the Vail Mills D-I in Broadalbin.

Kris4077 commented about Tryon Theatre on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:48 pm

I believe all of the buildings pictured were torn down to make way new lanes on route 5.

Kris4077 commented about Amenia Drive-In on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Now this is just what we need here in eastern NC, maybe someday I will have a piece of land big enough to build on around this size. For now I will just concentrate on my Ideas for portable D-I’s.

Kris4077 commented about Palace Theatre on Oct 21, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Palace is a definite fit for this theater, it is truly like a Palace, it is palacial in size and decore. I think it sad to see not only theaters but all manor of old buildings in such states of disrepair and neglect, instead of preserving the buildings of this era of time we just let them rot away. It is such a shame we could have so many more beautiful examples such as proctors, but through selfishness and greed we let them deteriorate until we cannot save them.

Kris4077 commented about Commack Multiplex Cinemas on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I find it really interesting when a 15 screen multiplex is bulldozed, most newer multiplexes aren’t much more than 15 screens. What would make it more interesting is if they bulldozed it to build a single screen D-I.

Kris4077 commented about Border Drive-In on Oct 18, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Wouldn’t you know it now a housing development, and they named the new road “Drive-In Way”, somtimes I think they do this to tease us Drive-In lovers. I think if it is going to be redeveloped they should do it without a trace of there ever being a Drive-In Theater there.

Kris4077 commented about Airport Drive-In on Oct 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm

OOH a cheerleader double feature!!!!

Kris4077 commented about Circle Autoscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Why re all the autoscopes listed as 1 Screen?

Kris4077 commented about Urbana Autoscope Drive-In on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Check out this website with some pictures Of the Tri-Circle Autoscope Drive-In in washington, which is on CT, just search for Tri-Circle. They are awesome http://www.film-tech.com/ubbpics/ubb672.html