Comments from leowtyx

Showing 6 comments

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Oct 11, 2017 at 10:21 am

@Cliffs

Citywalk: Yeah, and that’s understandable because the screen is actually 1.33:1 instead of 1.43:1, so cropping would have to occur (I sat in 3rd to last row).

Chinese: That’s what I hate too!!!

But it doesn’t really get onto the lighted up screen when the movie’s playing, if you avoid 1st & 2nd row.

I sat in 3rd row to see Blade Runner 2049 and it was at bay (but you do peek at it during the slow parts lol).

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Oct 10, 2017 at 1:16 pm

@*Haas

For True IMAX, You would have a poor viewing distance/angle at lower rows no matter what. By reservation, I mean higher rows.

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 9, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Hello,

Are there sources confirming the screen size to be 100 by 80 ft? Because I read that some claim to be 97 by 76 ft.

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about AMC Metreon 16 on Oct 9, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Hello,

Are there sources confirming the screen size to be 97 by 76 ft? Because I read that some claim to be 100 by 80 ft.

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Oct 6, 2017 at 5:33 pm

@Norton

“lie-max” still means legitimate IMAX screens, just not the “big ones”, I thought it’s common sense? People do use “True IMAX” to describe “original format”.

Quote from Nolan: “I have been a longtime proponent of film – particularly the Imax film format – as a storytelling medium, the immersive quality of the image is second to none, drawing the audience into the action in the most intense way possible.”

I “actually” sat in multiple rolls and seats at AMC Citywalk and TCL Chinese to calibrate my viewing angle/distance, and I only reserve those seats. If I don’t get those seats, I don’t watch the movies.

I agree some seats are not good, but you did just dismiss the whole theater because of that.

@Hass

For True IMAX, You would have a poor viewing distance/angle at lower rolls no matter what. By reservation, I mean higher rolls.

leowtyx
leowtyx commented about TCL Chinese Theatre on Oct 4, 2017 at 6:22 pm

@Escort Norton

That’s not the point of seeing Dunkirk in beautiful IMAX Laser, the point is to see it “as intended” by the director.

Which is IMAX 70mm (closest true IMAX screen is AMC Univeral Citywalk).

Also, you can’t blame a theater just because you didn’t reserve a good seat in advance.

Question for anyone:

I do watch other movies at Chinese Theater, especially those with 2.39 aspect ratio because its screen is closest to that ratio in LA.

Am I correct in thinking that? Or AMC Universal Citywalk would just Letterbox/mask their screen so I get the same experience even when the screen size will become smaller than Chinese’s?