Comments from LugosiResearch

Showing 23 comments

LugosiResearch commented about Stanley Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm

On Saturday 17 March 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Stanley. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Boulevard Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm

On Tuesday 6 March 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at Skouras Boulevard. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Astoria Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:42 pm

On Monday 5 March 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at Skouras Astoria. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Madison Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:38 pm

On Tuesday 27 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Madison. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Kenmore Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:35 pm

On Friday 23 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Kenmore. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance! I already have an image of the full size poster for this show.

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Proctor's Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:31 pm

On Tuesday 20 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Proctor’s Palace. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch
LugosiResearch commented about RKO Greenpoint Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

On Thursday 15 February and Saturday 24 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Greenpoint. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw either or both of these shows and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to these shows, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Bushwick Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:24 pm

On Tuesday 13 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Bushwick. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about State Theater on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:20 pm

On Saturday 10 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at the State. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at I already have copies of the newspaper ads related to this show. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Regent Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

On Friday 9 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at the Regent. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Regent Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:04 pm

On Thursday 8 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Regent. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch
LugosiResearch commented about RKO Keith's Richmond Hill on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm

On Saturday 3 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Richmond Hill. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Strand Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:52 pm

On Thursday 1 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Strand. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Keith's Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm

On Tuesday 30 January 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Keiths. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Dyker Theater on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:40 pm

On 27 January 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Dyker. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Alden Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:34 pm

On Monday 1 January 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Alden. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Quad on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:30 pm

On Friday 29 December 1950, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at RKO Proctor’s. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Proctor's Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

On Thursday 28 December 1950, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at Proctor’s Palace. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO International 70 on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

On Tuesday 26 December 1950, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at the RKO Capitol. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show or has photos of Lugosi related to this show, please contact Bill at I already have the ads, photos and articles published in the local newspaper of the time. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about RKO Proctor's Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm

On Monday 26 February 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his in person Horror and Magic Stage show at Proctor’s. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at I already have copies of the ads that were published in the local newspaper. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about National Theatre on Dec 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm

On Wednesday 21 March 1951, Bela “Dracula” Lugosi presented his Horror and Magic Stage show for one night only at the National Theater. Currently I am conducting research on all things Lugosi; if anyone out there actually saw this show and/or has memorabilia (poster, handbill, photos) related to this show, please contact Bill at I already have copies of the ads that were published in the Times-Dispatch. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

LugosiResearch commented about Buckingham Theater on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:50 am

I have some great memories of The Buckingham Theater. It was within walking distance of my parents home in Arlington Forest. I can remember them running Saturday kids shows during the summer months in the late Fifties or early Sixties. They’d have some cartoons, some Three Stooges shorts, a serial chapter and a feature. I can also remember the old days where you could pay once and stay through the film as many times as you wanted. A friend of mine went to see, I believe it was “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” one winter… watched it, came out, it was snowing a blizzard, so we went back inside and watched it through again until the snow stopped. Great memories of this old theater! At least they didn’t tear it down!

LugosiResearch commented about Jamaica Theatre on Aug 15, 2011 at 2:52 pm

In reference to the comment by Paul Noble, a frequent submitter to Cinema Treasures, regarding Bela Lugosi’s appearance at The Jamaica Theater in 1951: I am currently researching for a book on Lugosi and am interested in any information regarding Lugosi’s Horror and Magic Show that toured NYC area theaters in 1950-1951. Thus, I would really like to get in touch with Paul Noble and discuss more of his memories regarding the Lugosi show at The Jamaica Theater. Paul, if you see this, please contact me at: