Comments from markp

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,458 comments

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Bill Huelbig, as far as 70MM goes here at this theatre (and the other two where my projection team work) this movie, as well as any 70MM was booked by the film company, in this case Warner Bros. The same goes for the Regal E Walk and AMC LIncoln Square. Its because these three theatres do not have in house projectionists like the City Cinemas Village East or Cinema 1-2-3. They book it then hire us. They would like to get it into Lincoln Square. I told WB if you do take our print from Garden State.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 20, 2018 at 5:45 am

Bill Huelbig yes I was your projectionist. I hope you liked the way I did the lighting. I tried to replicate the way my dad did it 50 years ago.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 19, 2018 at 4:55 am

alpinedownhiller, thanks for the compliment on the lighting. It took me a bit to get it right, not knowing the theatre or its systems. Sad that we have only been getting 10 to 20 people per show. I was told Thursday is the last day. My guess would be the 330 pm show but I will find out later today.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 18, 2018 at 3:37 pm

Bill Huelbig, we two projectionists were brought in to do it right. Everything automation is cut off for this show. We do it manually. moviebuff82 the deal with this round of showings is No trailers, No preshow. Just the entrance music, movie, intermission and exit music. I do lights at mid low and high levels just like it would have been done 50 years ago. All that’s missing is the curtain

markp
markp commented about Union County Performing Arts Center on Jun 18, 2018 at 10:41 am

It was nice to meet you yesterday Howard. I’m glad you and everyone enjoyed the show. I keep giving them ideas for movies but as always I get the feeling it falls on deaf ears. But I will keep trying.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 18, 2018 at 10:37 am

SW = Star Wars ESB = Empire Strikes Back

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 17, 2018 at 8:28 pm

5.1 remix

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 17, 2018 at 7:30 am

Fri and Sat 70MM shows were perfect. I had the lights done just they were 50 years ago. Too bad we only had about 45 people each day over 4 shows.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 14, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Actually Bill, he has about 4 years seniority over me. So you really got a couple of old timers running the film. And yes its nice to get your hands on any film these days.

markp
markp commented about Union County Performing Arts Center on Jun 14, 2018 at 2:38 pm

Just got back from inspecting the print. Almost new. Very good condition. Mounted so there will be 4 changeover thruout the movie.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 13, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Bill, I do not know the screen size. I can only tell you it is in theatre 15. And Sunday I wont be there. I will be at the UNion County Arts Center running The Godfather in 35MM.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 12, 2018 at 5:24 pm

I was here today and the 70MM is all set. Print arrived today. Looks brand new. Showtimes all week are 12:00 3:30 7:00 10:30.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 11, 2018 at 4:33 am

alpinedownhiller, if Lincoln Square gets it it will be in the Kings theatre 2. The 70MM has been permanently installed in that theatre. At the Regal E Walk its in theatre 12.

markp commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 on Jun 11, 2018 at 4:30 am

HowardBHaas, its going to play at the AMC Garden State 16 for one week June 15-21. I was hired by Warner Bros to do the projection.

markp commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 6, 2018 at 8:50 am

I was informed that 70MM 2001 will be here for one week. June 15-21. I am supposed to be handling the projection.

markp commented about Hobart Theatre on Jun 4, 2018 at 4:51 am

Double Features lost flavor around 1978 as more theatres were twinned and more multiplexes were built. And video was just becoming popular. All these factors along with the way film companies began booking theatres and the double feature, dollar houses were finished. I know since I was a projectionist in many of them and watched them all close.

markp commented about The Space at Westbury on Jun 4, 2018 at 4:44 am

robboehm, the Union County Arts Center in Rahway NJ is the same way. 1400 seats fully restored. Brand new 35MM projection room. The works. They do maybe 2 or 3 things a month and maybe 3 to 4 movies a year. I just don’t get it.

markp commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 on May 31, 2018 at 4:31 pm

I have seen people on facebook complaining about that same thing.

markp commented about Amboy Multiplex Cinemas on May 26, 2018 at 6:57 pm

There were ticket boxoffices on each side oe the entrance doors to the left and right. Cinema 1 and 2 were the ones ALL the way down the long hallway. As you walked in 11 and 12 were right in front of you and 13 and 14 were to the right. I worked here as a projectionist from 1984 till it closed in 2005.

markp commented about City Cinemas Village East on May 23, 2018 at 1:21 pm

See now if it was the Regal E Walk or AMC Lincoln Square and I was running it there would be no scratches. Just saying

markp commented about City Cinemas Village East on May 20, 2018 at 4:54 am

I didn’t say they caused the scratches, but in the past when I was running 70MM the same time as them, there were reports of their prints being scratched a few days into the run. It just seems funny how its already reported.

markp commented about City Cinemas Village East on May 19, 2018 at 11:35 pm

Scratches already? I ran Phantom Thread in 70MM for 11 weeks and never scratched the print. Why this isn’t in the Regal E Walk or Lincoln Square where me and my team would be running it is beyond me.

markp commented about Loew's Capitol Theatre on May 18, 2018 at 2:43 pm

Bill Huelbig, as a long time projectionist, Ill be curious to hear your assessment of the print condition. I know if I was running it at the E Walk or Lincoln Square, it would be perfect.

markp commented about Loew's Capitol Theatre on May 15, 2018 at 2:46 am

bigjoe59, the reason 2001 is opening at city cinemas and not AMC LS or Regal 42 is because they have in house manager/operators whereas the other two do not, and need myself and my crew hired. As I stated a few weeks ago, if the film is booked by the theatre companies, there is less chance of AMC or Regal getting it. If its booked by the film companies, then those two theatres and myself are usually on the scene. I so wanted to be able to run this, but so far……

markp commented about Loew's Capitol Theatre on May 11, 2018 at 10:48 am

If it gets to the Regal E-Walk or AMC Lincoln Square, then I get to project it.