Comments from markp

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,115 comments

markp commented about Kings Theatre on Jan 28, 2015 at 9:57 pm

@Jeffrey1955, yours are cut off to the right also. Maybe its my screen setting. @Matt Lambros, thanks so much. My wife and I hope to make it.

markp commented about Kings Theatre on Jan 28, 2015 at 3:48 pm

LuisV, your comment above is cut off to the right. What is going on Saturday Feb 7th? Is it a tour of the theate?? I would love to go if it is.

markp commented about Los Angeles Theatre on Jan 21, 2015 at 11:56 am

Oh Im sorry I missed it. I’ll have to try and catch it if they ever repeat it.

markp commented about Sunrise Multiplex Cinemas on Jan 16, 2015 at 7:40 pm

This theatre, along with the Amboys Multiplex Cinemas, were built and opened at the same time. Amboys closed 10 years ago this coming May after the lobby floor caved in. Its a shame this one is gonna close. Hope something good happens to it. The Amboys is just sitting there rotting away.

markp commented about Count Basie Theatre on Jan 14, 2015 at 4:30 am

The 35mm print of “Interstellar” looked and sounded FANTASTIC tonight. And of course all my changeovers were flawless. I havent lost a step in 35 years.

markp commented about Paramount Theater on Jan 14, 2015 at 4:27 am

Patsy, you think these two are bad, you should see the pictures of the Proctors Theatre in Newark.

markp commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jan 10, 2015 at 11:47 pm

Thanks for the tip movieguy. Sadly when my wife and I went to see Interstellar on Veterans Day, the curtain wasn’t used. I went to the Ziegfeld on purpose cause A) I was never there. B)I wanted to see the movie on film, and C) I wanted to see the curtain. Well 2 out of 3 aint too bad. I had later found out from Joe Masher that there was a technician in the building that day and that’s why the curtain wasn’t used. But the rest of the time, theres no excuse.

markp
markp commented about "Bow Tie Cinemas Permanently Closes Bedford Playhouse" From Bedford, NY. on Jan 9, 2015 at 4:04 am

I didnt think so. But some of the interior features resembled it.

markp
markp commented about "Bow Tie Cinemas Permanently Closes Bedford Playhouse" From Bedford, NY. on Jan 8, 2015 at 9:59 pm

When cablevision owned it I cleaned the screens here in the early 2000’s. It was a nice theatre in a nice town. Reminded me of a GCC theatre. It had that look. Don’t know if GCC ever operated it at one time.

markp commented about Ritz Theatre on Jan 4, 2015 at 1:13 am

I saw that about a month ago spectrum. Im hoping it happens cause Im an unemployed projectionist and stagehand who was helping out on the remodel by the former owner in the mid and late 2000’s. I really want to work here again.

markp commented about Strand Theatre on Jan 1, 2015 at 2:07 pm

networkmike, I dont know how it is now-a-days, but when I was a projectionist in an adult theatre from 1978 to 1990, I can say I saw some interesting things going on in the 800 seat auditorium of the theatre. But I also say to you that theres nothing like viewing it on the big screen, so go enjoy.

markp commented about Ritz Theater on Dec 29, 2014 at 3:55 pm

walterk, I just found another booth shot of Mr Spewak next to the projectors. Im thinking of bringing it to the historical society to scan. I will ask my wife if our scanner still works and then maybe I can get it out to you. If not then I will bring it to you the next time your in the state.

markp
markp commented about Happy Holidays from Cinema Treasures on Dec 24, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Same to you.

markp commented about Ritz Theater on Dec 21, 2014 at 2:46 am

walterk, I spoke to my mom the other day and she did indeed know and graduated with Alice. Small world.

markp commented about Ritz Theater on Dec 20, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Thanks for that walterk. It was my pleasure to supply the photo and sharing it with you and the group. Also the above header should now also include “renovating” “restoring”

markp commented about Ritz Projection Room, 1947 on Dec 20, 2014 at 9:27 pm

That’s my dad.

markp commented about Grand Avenue Cinemas on Dec 18, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Didnt Bow Tie drop the 2 in Pennsylvania? The Bala and Anthony Wayne? Or were they dumped by cablevision?

markp commented about Ritz Theater on Dec 17, 2014 at 11:30 pm

A big thank you to walterk for setting up the visit to the Ritz today. It was something for me to be in the same building my dad worked in all those years ago. I even got to go to the old projection room where he walked and worked. The old place needs a lot of work, but the people in charge have a vision and now lets hope the $$$$$ start rolling in.

markp commented about Rialto Theatre on Dec 17, 2014 at 12:47 pm

In the early 2000’s I cleaned the screen here once. It was a beautiful theatre. It was nice to clean a huge screen, quite a departure from the small screens I was use to cleaning in the clearviews.

markp commented about Los Angeles Theatre on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:03 pm

In the Capitol cities video Safe and Sound they show 2 projectors to the right of the one with the Carbon Arc that have 2 smaller blue xenon lamphouses.

markp
markp commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Dec 10, 2014 at 1:04 pm

And yes, Interstellar was one of the greatest expieriences I ever had in a movie theatre. Awesome movie.

markp
markp commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Dec 10, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Kurtpvincent, I agree with you on 2 points. I saw Interstellar in 70mm film at the Ziegfeld, and I too, as a projectionist of over 38 years also love film. These days I am a stagehand, who works occasionally at a performing arts center that do movies, but they are all digital or DVD. I hate it, but its an evil I must live with.

markp
markp commented about Cinema Treasures and THS Announce New Strategic Partnership on Dec 10, 2014 at 12:52 pm

This is great news. Welcome aboard. I follow both organizations very closely and enjoy both.

markp commented about Westbury Drive-In on Nov 26, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Had it still been open these days, people would be sitting in crush hour traffic and would be lucky to make a 7 or 730 pm start time.

markp commented about Adams Theatre on Nov 26, 2014 at 11:39 am

Matt, I work around the block at the arena. As a former projectionist, I would have loved to get inside and see this place, along with the Paramount and Proctors. Keep up the good work.