Showing 1 comment
Actually, the Colonial Theatre opened in 1915 under Hector Quagliotti as the owner. He bought the property in 1922 for $ 220,000 – the corner of Dunsmuir and Granville. He operated the Theatre up until his death in 1956 when he collapsed at work. After, his daughter and son-in-law, Jane and Doug MacKay-Dunn ran the Theatre up until the mid-1960’s when it was expropriated by the city for the block 42 development. The Theatre served as a venue for some bands, underground concerts up until the early 1970’s when it was eventually demolished.