Comments from MikeRadio

MikeRadio commented about AMC Burbank 16 on Apr 26, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Good news! Theater 16 is being renovated and RECLINER SEATS are being added! Hopefully and probably this will be the case for all auditoriums but probably one by one. It is great this is being done as this theatre has become dated.

MikeRadio commented about AMC Loews Broadway 4 on Mar 30, 2018 at 4:34 pm

Does anyone know if the 2 upstairs theaters ever had balconies? It looks like it.

MikeRadio commented about Pacific Winnetka 12 & XD on Mar 19, 2018 at 5:10 pm

I hope they renovate and open the closed rooms. It is a waste not to have films in there. They are scatted throughout the theater and not just a closed off section.

What I don’t understand… Pacific theaters operates this and Sherman Oaks 5 sub par theaters…. But owns Arclight which is one of the best chains there is… Seems strange they would let the ones that hold their name become outdated.

MikeRadio
MikeRadio commented about Flipper's Hollywood Cinema 10 on Feb 25, 2018 at 10:28 am

What happened to the 2 closed screens and why did they close them?

MikeRadio commented about Pacific Winnetka 12 & XD on Feb 15, 2018 at 5:13 pm

This theater has 9 auditoriums actually dark and locked up. Very odd as even if they ran them open before the renovation at least they’d be making money.

I hope they open and renovate the closed rooms although they are spread around the building, not just in one area.

They need to improve reclining as the setup lets you see heads on the bottom of the screen.

Plus they oddly have a large drink selection but not a freestyle.

This could be a nice new big modern house, however it really needs to be modernized as far as grounds and building.

When did it stop being a 21 plex?

MikeRadio commented about Pacific Sherman Oaks 5 on Feb 3, 2018 at 12:12 am

How is this place still open as a first run house? With expensive consessions! It is in the shape of a second run house.

No recliner upgrades. The armrests don’t even go up. No stadium seating even.

It really needs to go.

MikeRadio commented about AMC Dine-In Sunset 5 on Jan 15, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Was this house ever operated by Carmike??? There is a sign on the exit door about taking alcohol outside the theater and it says Carmike on the sign!

MikeRadio commented about Five Star Cinema Glendale on Jan 15, 2018 at 1:58 am

This needs to be changed to closed.

MikeRadio commented about AMC Loews Uptown 1 on Jan 6, 2018 at 10:47 pm

This is AMCs ONLY single screen theater.

MikeRadio commented about AMC Hoffman Center 22 on Jan 6, 2018 at 10:43 pm

When I lived in DC I hated this theater. It is the opposite of a movie palace. It has sterile box theaters, and if I didn’t know there were seats and screens behind the doors I would think this is some sort of office building not a movie theater. Yes it is nice and modern and has all the amenities but its a big sterile theater.

MikeRadio commented about AMC Burbank Town Center 8 on Jan 6, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Did this theatre start out as a 4 Plax? And if it did, which side was the original 4? The Hall going back beh8nd the snack bar or the hall up the stairs to the right when you’re u go in?

MikeRadio commented about Mayfair Theatre on Nov 20, 2016 at 2:57 am

I saw Earthqauke here. in SENSURROUND. I still remember running to make the show from school with my friend Leon. This was a great old theater with the entrance on Avenue U not CI Avenue.

MikeRadio commented about Loew's Oriental Theatre on Feb 24, 2016 at 1:31 am

I hate bags for popcorn. Firstly they are smaller than the really large tubs we used to get. Secondly, they fall in the seats easy. 3rdly they make alot of noise crinkling when you hold them. I really miss the Oriental. Back when I was a kid in Brooklyn though we always mis pronounced Loews as Low-EEs

MikeRadio commented about Loew's Oriental Theatre on Jan 6, 2016 at 1:02 am

When this theater was closing, an employee uncovered old footage and made a video comparing the theater from opening day to closing. He sold it for a few dollars… I bought the video and uploaded it and here it is…. https://youtu.be/wCnunHvW0Lg

MikeRadio commented about iPic Westwood on Jul 9, 2014 at 2:05 am

The price has been reduced for members to $12 for the regular first 2 rows seats and only $22 for the others. NOTE… This not only comes with drink refills and food at your seat with the push of a button, but also FREE popcorn brought to you the entire movie….

SO is it worth it? AMC is over $19 for a 3D Movie and this is $3 more but you get a lot more. Try it… It is worth it.

MikeRadio commented about iPic Westwood on Dec 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I have a special relationship with the Avco. Yet, I have never saw a movie in it, and I am not from LA. However, it played a very important part of a trip which will make it to script some day. And I will need this place to be shot the way it was. So save the old signage.

MikeRadio commented about Clayton Theatre on Aug 15, 2009 at 9:46 pm

I am going here tomorrow… Looking forward to sitting in this piece of history.

MikeRadio commented about Highway Theater on Aug 1, 2009 at 4:14 am

I remember my mother pulling up on the opposite side of the theatre with me and a friend in the car, and we went across the street to see ROCKY. The theatre was packed, and we had to sit on the right hand side “children’s” section, which had a cover over one of the seats that said CHILDRENS on the back or something to that effect.

The matrons walked about with the flashlights.. but everyone was still screaming.

I saw other movies there as well, but this one I remember well.

I love in the Washington DC area now, and there is something I remembered about the Highway after visiting a local theatre here.

The bathrooms, instead of being in the lobby were INSIDE the theatre auditorium! There were doors right in the auditorium to the right that would take you in to the restrooms. The Avalon theatre here in DC has that same setup.. probably same architect!

MikeRadio commented about Mayfair Theatre on Jul 15, 2008 at 12:51 am

Not close.. This wa sin Gravesend not Bensonhurst…

MikeRadio commented about AMC Loews Uptown 1 on Jan 13, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Now that AMC has closed the DUpont Circle 6, I hope the Uptown (which can’t make any money during the week during a movie that has been out awhile) is not next!

MikeRadio commented about Alpine Cinema on Jul 7, 2007 at 10:51 pm

When is this place closing?

MikeRadio commented about Senator Theatre on Feb 10, 2007 at 12:21 pm

This is more than another single screen theatre.

There are slabs on the sidewalk with pictures and signatures from tall the movies that premeried here.

You can see the theatre in the Trolley crash seen in the movie Avalon.

Speaking of, Barry Levinson always screens here as he is from Baltimore.

We should NOT lose this place!

Barry.. can you help!?

MikeRadio commented about Wisconsin Avenue Cinemas on Dec 21, 2006 at 11:16 pm

Are they really closing the uptown?

MikeRadio
MikeRadio commented about Bow Tie Cinemas acquires 95 screens from Crown Theatres on Nov 24, 2006 at 12:51 pm

I am sitting in Crown Annapolis 11 in the mall… the usherette introduced the movie and let us know this.. there was no crown opener

MikeRadio commented about Criterion Theatre on Nov 22, 2006 at 4:54 pm

Was this the theatre that had VERY VERY small auditoriums in the basement.. VERY small… Or was that the Embassy?

I remember one Times Square theatre having such small rooms in the basement that when someone came in their head would block the projector… and the sound instead of behind the screen was provided by a big speaker in FRONT of the screen.

Was it criterion ir embassy.. or another?

Mike